• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bunch of Character Battles Against Dante

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Some of my friends always debate with me about Dante and other characters fighting. And though I'm pretty sure there've been similar threads before, I wanted to ask you guys' opinions. There are gonna be a lot of battles in this list, so you're free to debate about any of them. I'll also add strawpoll links for each one.

Please try to remember that combatants don't need to be dead to get beaten. If they are knocked unconscious or physically destroyed -even though they can regenerate or recreate their bodies- it'll be considered as a KO.

Last reminder: Any Dante means any canon Dante (DMC 1-2-3-4-anime and manga). Not the crossovers like SMT, Viewtiful Joe or MvC3.

• Dante vs. Deadpool (Marvel)
It is destined to happen, isn't it? :laugh:
Fight 1:
DMC 3 Dante vs. Wade Wilson
Dante with only Rebellion and Ebony&Ivory. Deadpool with his regular katanas and submachine guns. No carbonadium blade. No ideaverse travel (obviously).
http://strawpoll.me/5296918
Fight 2:
Any Dante vs. Wade Wilson
Deadpool has his carbonadium blade*. Both characters also have access to their full arsenal. No ideaverse travel.
*Remember there's no reason for Dante to take that away or destroy it.
http://strawpoll.me/5296926

• Dante vs. Alucard (Hellsing)
Another battle of arch enemies.
Fight 1:
Any Dante vs. Pre-schrödinger Alucard
Dante has Rebellion and Ebony&Ivory. Alucard has Casull&Jackal. Alucard can increase his power level without approval from Integra.
http://strawpoll.me/5296932
Fight 2:
Any Dante vs. Post-schrödinger Alucard*
Both characters have full arsenal. Alucard can increase his power level without approval from Integra.
*About Post-schrödinger Alucard; remember he has no souls inside. He might be nigh-omnipresent but his destructive power level should be around peak human level at this case. This is what makes things difficult when debating about Post-schrödinger Alucard.
http://strawpoll.me/5296935
Fight 3:
Any Dante vs. Fusion Alucard (Post-schrödinger+Pre-schrödinger)
Both characters have full arsenal. Alucard has Schrödinger's nigh-omnipresent ability and he also has all the souls he had when he was in Pre-schrödinger Alucard form.
http://strawpoll.me/5296940
Fight 4:
SMT Dante (Shin Megami Tensei) vs. Fusion Alucard
Same rules. Let's make this interesing.
http://strawpoll.me/5296943

• Dante vs. Kratos (God of War)
Fight 1:
Any Dante vs. Regular Kratos
Both have full arsenal.
http://strawpoll.me/5296949
Fight 2:
Any Dante vs. God of War Kratos
Again, both have their full arsenal.
http://strawpoll.me/5296952

• Dante vs. Ragna (BlazBlue)
Fight 1:
Any Dante vs. Regular Ragna
Both have their full arsenal.
http://strawpoll.me/5296957
Fight 2:
Any Dante vs. Ragna with IDEA Engine
Same rules.
http://strawpoll.me/5296960

And here's an absurd one because why not.
Fight: SMT Dante (Shin Megami Tensei) vs Beyonder Doom (Marvel)
No rules whatsoever.
http://strawpoll.me/5296964

Before beginning please try to keep the discussion calm. All of those characters can defeat each other under certain circumstances and also since they are from separate fictional universes we have no way to calculate any definitive way if one character beats the other. This thread is only for the fun of it.

These battles are more than enough for starters and I'm very curious about your thoughts. Let's begin, shall we?

Last edited:

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
I don't get it. How is "Dante VS. Alucard" even a fight? The guy isn't even so much a vampire as he is a force of nature.

Wuodan

I don't get it. How is "Dante VS. Alucard" even a fight? The guy isn't even so much a vampire as he is a force of nature.
Exactly true. But the thing is Post-Schrödinger Alucard's situation is never explained properly. The manga and Hellsing Ultimate implies that he's somewhat omnipresent but doesn't tell this ability's full extent or how it even works or the limits of it. Like, does he have an actual body anymore? Can he instantly travel between galaxies? Or is he literally everywhere and nowhere?

Honestly I have no assumption. As I understand, a fight between post-schrödinger Alucard and anyone else (except multiversal characters) would be like hammers trying to smash sub-atomic particles.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I say Deadpool would take the fight against Dante. He can't even freaking die.

He's an idea,

Dante vs. Spawn.

Dante vs. Hellboy.

Wuodan

I say Deadpool would take the fight against Dante. He can't even freaking die.

He's an idea,

Dante vs. Spawn.

Dante vs. Hellboy.
Yes but he can get knocked out or get destroyed, even though that won't kill him.

I have no idea about Hellboy's power level but Spawn would literally destroy Dante.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Exactly true. But the thing is Post-Schrödinger Alucard's situation is never explained properly. The manga and Hellsing Ultimate implies that he's somewhat omnipresent but doesn't tell this ability's full extent or how it even works or the limits of it. Like, does he have an actual body anymore? Can he instantly travel between galaxies? Or is he literally everywhere and nowhere?

So then what's the point of making a battle with him in the first place? That's like making a poll deciding who'd win in a fight between Sol Badguy VS. That Man. You know absolutely nothing regarding the latter.

Wuodan

So then what's the point of making a battle with him in the first place? That's like making a poll deciding who'd win in a fight between Sol Badguy VS. That Man. You know absolutely nothing regarding the latter.
For the fun of it of course. And even though that particular battle would be most likely inconclusive, there are 3 other variations of the fight.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
No idea who Ragna or Beyonder Doom are, and I don't feel like looking them up.

Also
hqdefault.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Well, that battle's result is even easier to predict than Superman vs Batman. Dante doesn't even have particular weaknesses to exploit like Superman. You can only beat him if you're more powerful and more skilled. So Batman got no chance.

Deadpool's gonna lose too, imo. Doesn't matter if he can't die, a fight can be lost even if the loser is not killed. It's in the rules Wuodan set up too. And Dante's physical abilities are just too superior to Deadpool's: strength, speed, hand-eye coordination... without even counting Devil Trigger.

Yeah I'd say Deadpool is done for in basically every instance.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
can somebody make a thread describing how strong the dantes are? i've never seen dante as a strong/unbeatable character from the games, one of the reasons is that the games never presented vicious, strong, intimidating enemies to measure his strength imo.. ones that are close are vergil and jester in DMC3, being jester shown very intimidating in the cutscenes, guy makes fun of him effortlessly.. and another reason is dante being comedical..

i only sees the dantes as cool, well DMC2 dante is very unbeatable and uber strong in looks

absolitude

@Foxtrot94 well i wouldn't say this to dante's face, that would be suicide, lol, but seriously if somebody could make a thread about this.. a special thread elaborating dante's strength from each game..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
can somebody make a thread describing how strong the dantes are? i've never seen dante as a strong/unbeatable character from the games, one of the reasons is that the games never presented vicious, strong, intimidating enemies to measure his strength imo.. ones that are close are vergil and jester in DMC3, being jester shown very intimidating in the cutscenes, guy makes fun of him effortlessly.. and another reason is dante being comedical..

i only sees the dantes as cool, well DMC2 dante is very unbeatable and uber strong in looks
Uhhh..sorry but he can defeat almost omnipotent beings like Mundus and Argosax. So its more than enough to measure his strength

absolitude

Uhhh..sorry but he can defeat almost omnipotent beings like Mundus and Argosax. So its more than enough to measure his strength

then i never really think mundus decribed as being that powerful either, it's back to the part where i think they didn't deliver that omnipotent-ness for my taste.. take it like this, in MGRR, they did right with the bosses, they really are perfect to give me the impression raiden is strong, the enemies there are vicious and intimidating.. but that's just me, and let's stop here, this could go off-topic

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
then i never really think mundus decribed as being that powerful either, it's back to the part where i think they didn't deliver that omnipotent-ness for my taste.. take it like this, in MGRR, they did right with the bosses, they really are perfect to give me the impression raiden is strong, the enemies there are vicious and intimidating.. but that's just me, and let's stop here, this could go off-topic
Aou mean guy who ruled all world through his power with reality-warping abilities and probably toughest demon in DMC universe who turned Vergil into soulless lapdog doesn't seems powerful to you?

Wuodan

@Foxtrot94 well i wouldn't say this to dante's face, that would be suicide, lol, but seriously if somebody could make a thread about this.. a special thread elaborating dante's strength from each game..
I can actually try to do it but the tricky part is as you said, it's pretty hard to determine exactly how powerful he is. Before the existence of TAS and DMC4, Dante was considered a lot weaker than today.

Also determining how strong is Mundus, how strong was Sparda and how strong Dante gets with Sparda sword are also pretty impossible to determine. There are just too many unknowns going on.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Aou mean guy who ruled all world through his power with reality-warping abilities and probably toughest demon in DMC universe who turned Vergil into soulless lapdog doesn't seems powerful to you?

I think he means that the game doesn't do much to make Mundus feel a massive threat and a match for Dante, cause he doesn't do much till Dante confronts him. Dunno if I'm being clear.
There are some moments where you can tell he's a powerhouse but not many.
We know what he did in the past so we know he's powerful but we know it mostly just because we read it in the text exposition at the beginning and because people talk about him, not because we see it. So we know he's strong but we don't feel it.

Take Vergil in DMC3 for example. We watchers get to see multiple times what he's capable of and his actions talk for himself. He feels a solid menace from the beginning. Cause he does stuff, you know.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think he means that the game doesn't do much to make Mundus feel a massive threat and a match for Dante, cause he doesn't do much till Dante confronts him. Dunno if I'm being clear.
There are some moments where you can tell he's a powerhouse but not many.
We know what he did in the past so we know he's powerful but we know it mostly just because we read it in the text exposition at the beginning and because people talk about him, not because we see it. So we know he's strong but we don't feel it.

Take Vergil in DMC3 for example. We watchers get to see multiple times what he's capable of and his actions talk for himself. He feels a solid menace from the beginning. Cause he does stuff, you know.
uhhhh…We saw Mundus evaporate high-tier demon like Grifon with one lightning strike, manipulate reality, watching over any place he wanted to like Sauron, etc, etc. Sorry but its more than enough to establish his powers.

Top Bottom