• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bosses in DmC

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think Capcom is taking the lead with Bosses but NT is probably overseeing what the bosses are and how they affect the story.

I got this idea from this dude on the nT forums, crimsonfox, and added my own touches.

I think it would be cool to see Sparda alive and at odds with his sons. He is a champion of the people and has to put their needs before his own. So maybe Dante/Vergil are doing things that put the greater good in jeopardy and he has to go and stop them.

Ana

Do we even know if Sparda exists in DmC?

If Dante's half-angel, then Eva sure isn't the same. Maybe there is no Sparda.

Dante47

I haven't considered that. No Sparda would seem strange but interesting. I'm still wondering who the antagonist will be.

Ana

I haven't considered that. No Sparda would seem strange but interesting. I'm still wondering who the antagonist will be.

I think modern tradition is to hide the top dog villain, the Big Bad, until later in the game. So we might see some lesser antagonists, but the true villain will probably remain hidden (perhaps in plain sight).

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Or maybe the main antagonist in the series is the dude who asks the new dante of "What...is...your....name?"

Ana

We've got no idea, and that's the real problem. Some more actual info would be nice, NT.

Dante47

The guy in the 2010 trailer doesn't seem to be connected with Limbo or with the demons though, as he doesn't know who Dante. So I don't see him being the antagonist, or at least the main antagonist as I picture a Demonic being playing that role.

BIANCOxMORTE

that would be weird if sparda wasnt dantes dad, i dont think they can do that lol atleast without fans going nuts! and just because sparda and vergil have similar personality doesnt mean they have similar views, sparda would want to stop vergil from opening up the demon realm like he did in 3. also if vergil held his brother close how come he tried to kill him to get ultimate power? then he wouldnt have anything that he cared about...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think Sparda is still there as removing him would be changing too much.

I dont really know if Sparda and vergil have similar personalities since we have never seen Sparda.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
Is Capcom or Ninja theory making the boss concept arts?

Vergil holds his brother dear.
Lol!!!You're kidding right? Running his brother through with a bigass sword & engaging him in a duel almost everytime at the mere sight of him. He really holds his brother dear.

BIANCOxMORTE

Lol!!!You're kidding right? Running his brother through with a bigass sword & engaging him in a duel almost everytime at the mere sight of him. He really holds his brother dear.

lol exactly! he is just out for power and nothing else. I am a huge vergil fan and actually like him more than dante but i at least know he is just power hungry.

I think Sparda is still there as removing him would be changing too much.

I dont really know if Sparda and vergil have similar personalities since we have never seen Sparda.

that is also a good point we never really met sparda or saw his personality, and ur right if they take sparda out of the entire equation i think there would be an outrage... i just really hope NT comes through big with the story...

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
3:47 - 4:55
DMC 3 Dante gets scythe blades stabbed into his body. He then uses the blades in his body as a weapon. Dante has very, very high regeneration - CHECK.

Dante and Vergil in DMC 1 was close.

And Hideki Kamiya said this:
But from my point of view Dante has changed every time the sequel came out, and he was always different from whom I created first.
Even though Vergil and Dante in DMC 3 is not bad i would have prefered the DMC 1 Dante and story to continue.

So Dante from DMC 2,3 and 4 is not the exact Dante as DMC 1.
With that said, we don't know alot about Dante nor Vergil. Dante's story from 2 to 4 was a story produced by Capcom because they had nothing better since Hideki was no longer in their team.

In DMC 1 Dante realizes the Nelo Angelous is his brother Vergil. He picks up the amulet and has a really sad look on his face as he remembers when he and Vergil had birthday.

Their mother said "Dante, Vergil, Happy birthday" with joy!
And Dante and Vergil said "COOL! I want the cake. No i want!"

All three with happy voices. This shows us that Dante and Vergil are brothers and aren't so distant from eachother as DMC 3 might suggest because Vergil stabs Dante.
Vergil is older than Dante as well - he was first born.
In DMC 3 Dante said "You remember what we used to say?" and Vergil remembered - JACKPOT.

Now i have pointed out that Dante and Vergil are brothers and have a good bond. I also pointed out with the DMC 3 video above that Dante in DMC 3 has BEYOND CRAZY regeneration.
This regeneration is a fact in DMC 3 knowledge:
1:25 - 1:55

So with all this it's obvious why Vergil stabbed Dante so much. Vergil is a demon himself and is fully aware of Dante's powers. Guess what happened after Vergil stabbing Dante "to death" - he stood up as if nothing had happened.

Vergil is dear to Dante
Dante is dear to Vergil

They share a bond.
I have seen Dante very sad two times: When Vergil in DMC 3 jumped into demon world, and when he realized Nelo Angelo was Vergil.

My final word to you:
0:34

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
and just because sparda and vergil have similar personality doesnt mean they have similar views, sparda would want to stop vergil from opening up the demon realm like he did in 3.
Do you realise that if Sparda was still alive at that time, Vergil wouldn't even dare to take his father's sword and open up the demon realm if he don't want to get an hellish beating from his father that he would remember for the rest of his existence.

lol exactly! he is just out for power and nothing else. I am a huge vergil fan and actually like him more than dante but i at least know he is just power hungry.

and ur right if they take sparda out of the entire equation i think there would be an outrage... i just really hope NT comes through big with the story...
If Vergil doesn't seek power to protect, than it must be to surpass Sparda. Why would he be power hungry for no reason?

If Sparda doesn't exist in DmC, it's good for me.

BIANCOxMORTE

Even though dante and vergil were brothers his thirst for power overtakes any emotions he may have for dante, and some people just want to be all powerful, you dont need a reason to want power other than to test yourself that alone is a good enough reason for some. also they cant take sparda out of the game because then dante is gonna be just the son of some no name demon? that takes out way way too much and i dont think capcom would allow that. i still stand by my statement that sparda being in the game and creating a stronger bond between him and dante through the means of a fight would be great. Through fighting you can learn more about a person than in any other way. and sparda would be a bad ass boss...

Domenic93

Even though dante and vergil were brothers his thirst for power overtakes any emotions he may have for dante, and some people just want to be all powerful, you dont need a reason to want power other than to test yourself that alone is a good enough reason for some. also they cant take sparda out of the game because then dante is gonna be just the son of some no name demon? that takes out way way too much and i dont think capcom would allow that. i still stand by my statement that sparda being in the game and creating a stronger bond between him and dante through the means of a fight would be great. Through fighting you can learn more about a person than in any other way. and sparda would be a bad ass boss...

there's too much of a risk to put him in any game, you have to find a good voice actor who'll fit the role, sparda would need the right personality, and he himself most deffinetly can't be a boss, because dino would definitely not be on his level. and any attempt to have dino beat him would be too unbeleavable

Ana

there's too much of a risk to put him in any game, you have to find a good voice actor who'll fit the role, sparda would need the right personality, and he himself most deffinetly can't be a boss, because dino would definitely not be on his level. and any attempt to have dino beat him would be too unbeleavable

This is certainly true. Also, Sparda has always been a legend, dead and gone.

If Sparda still exists in the reboot, he'll be out of the action already. It's just too much of a fundamental truth.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Vergil is a risk. Sparda is not. Sparda has been told about. He's not once spoken or made a cutscene appaearance in a human form.

Ana

Vergil is a risk. Sparda is not. Sparda has been told about. He's not once spoken or made a cutscene appaearance in a human form.

I think they both are in their own ways. There is huge fan expectation for both. At least with Vergil there's some sort of canon personality and behavior style to go on. Sparda is a total blank... which means fans have blatantly contradictory views of him, so someone will definitely be unsatisfied with anything you do. Not to mention the mystery is part of his.... charm.

Top Bottom