• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Biggest Dissapointments in DmC: Devil May Cry

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
I didn't find the boss fights themselves that disappointing. What did disappoint me, tho, is how they took over an entire mission slot. If you think about it, it kinda makes it look like NT "cheated" and the game isn't technically as long a older DMCs. Yes, I'm aware previous DMCs had missions like that too, but I feel like NT could have done better than that. I mean, they did that just perfectly with Hunter on mission 1, why couldn't they do the same?

Vergil gets a free pass, though, since it's always been a tradition that the final boss fight in the game is one whole mission.

Also, mission 15. What the hell was that? If you're going to make a whole puzzle/platforming/no-combat mission, at least make it longer and harder.

Other than that, I did enjoy the game very much.

Frazz

General gamer
I didn't find the boss fights themselves that disappointing. What did disappoint me, tho, is how they took over an entire mission slot. If you think about it, it kinda makes it look like NT "cheated" and the game isn't technically as long a older DMCs. Yes, I'm aware previous DMCs had missions like that too, but I feel like NT could have done better than that.

Also, mission 15. What the hell was that? If you're going to make a whole puzzle/platforming/no-combat mission, at least make it longer and harder.

I mean this in all seriousness!

RedRose

Kael
I didn't find the boss fights themselves that disappointing. What did disappoint me, tho, is how they took over an entire mission slot. If you think about it, it kinda makes it look like NT "cheated" and the game isn't technically as long a older DMCs. Yes, I'm aware previous DMCs had missions like that too, but I feel like NT could have done better than that.

Good point, I didn't take much notice to that but you are absolutely right about the boss fights taking an entire slot. and there weren't many mini bosses either...if any at all, none that made a very big impact anyway.

and mission 15 was indeed way too easy. practically a freebie for the one achievement to not get hit during a whole mission

I love mission 15 though its a nice change of pace and really felt epic the first time. The way the music kicks in when you stomp the crate, its a pretty awesome little action sequence gets the blood pumping. I also thought about it being longer, but then I realized its just about perfect, because if they did the slowdown jsut one more time in that level it'd get tacky. Then the whole level would feel gimmicky like its just walk fight, slow mo, walk fight slow mo, and I think simply merging 15 and 16 would be a bad idea also, because then replaying 16 would become a chore, because you'd have to that part every time, sort of like replaying the order mission with Kat, where you have to follow her around, I hate replaying that mission because of that beginning.

So, in summary, Mission 15 is sweet, I wouldn't want to lose it.

If it was longer it wouldn't be sweet, and if it was added to the next mission, it would become a tedious beginning to a normal mission. That's why I think its perfect the way it is.

EvilX-81

I love mission 15 though its a nice change of pace and really felt epic the first time. The way the music kicks in when you stomp the crate, its a pretty awesome little action sequence gets the blood pumping. I also thought about it being longer, but then I realized its just about perfect, because if they did the slowdown jsut one more time in that level it'd get tacky. Then the whole level would feel gimmicky like its just walk fight, slow mo, walk fight slow mo, and I think simply merging 15 and 16 would be a bad idea also, because then replaying 16 would become a chore, because you'd have to that part every time, sort of like replaying the order mission with Kat, where you have to follow her around, I hate replaying that mission because of that beginning.

So, in summary, Mission 15 is sweet, I wouldn't want to lose it.

If it was longer it wouldn't be sweet, and if it was added to the next mission, it would become a tedious beginning to a normal mission. That's why I think its perfect the way it is.

I just wish they'd made it more comprehensive who is causing the slowdown moments. Is Dante doing it intentionally or subconsciously, or Is it a random effect of limbo?

EvilX-81

I would say my disappointment is with the limited combos. Mainly, if you check the training mode, you'll see every combo listed. There's even names for combos which you crossover your weapons, eventhough they're not REALLY different. But if they had made unique combos for crossing over weapons, I think this would have went a VERY long way in adding further depth to the combo engine. Perhaps crossover combos where Dante whips out both weapons with a unique attack.

You get a pass this time DmC, but I'm expecting this next time.

Nvzman

Story: not really much, considering it was well-written and I really don't care about stories in a gameplay-based game.
Gameplay: Color-coded enemies. It's really annoying, and it gets worse when they have an angelic and demonic enemy at the same time.
Other: Too short, and I really want a mode where you have to try to survive as long as you can (is that what Bloody Palace is?).

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
the angel thing ****ed me the hell off too.
they would have made the story SO. MUCH. MORE. AWESOME.

Vauxen

The biggest disappointment for me was the difficulty, which hopefully a mod in the PC version will fix.

vakarian23

The biggest disappointment for me was the difficulty, which hopefully a mod in the PC version will fix.

That would really make me want to buy the PC version as well. I have no idea what is possible in terms of modding in this game though.

Ceph

Disappointments for me were the weak Devil Trigger and no taunts. DT looks great and I like that the enemies float, but then you're left scrambling to stay in the air with them, it's just too awkward...

I wonder if it's possible for them to add in taunts as DLC

ChaserTech

My disappointments have been said already.

Basically the bosses, gameplay, and bits of the story.

I hated the bosses with a passion except for Vergil (only slightly) since there were a ton of mid fight cutscenes that interrupted the flow of combat a lot. As well as this, you couldn't do anything as impressive as boss fights in DMC3 or DMC4. I just really hated how boring they were in general. Vergil was the only boss fight that felt like a decent boss fight. The rest were just slow paced, dodge attacks, rinse and repeat.

Ijon Tichy

This is the most frustrating game I stumbled upon the last 20 years (I play computers since 1988). I did die so many times on this "tyrants" and now the "butcher" (I can kill the first, but then..) and these frustrating jump'n'run sequences, I fell down so many times...; and who t. f. got this idea about these handbraking left hand keyboard-combinations? I did need a trainer for the endboss of this tv-mission... but now I'm frustrated and I won't be back for playing. And who got the idea to change movement of the character just inside a mission? I deleted this game by now :-((( it was so frustrating :-(((

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This is the most frustrating game I stumbled upon the last 20 years (I play computers since 1988). I did die so many times on this "tyrants" and now the "butcher" (I can kill the first, but then..) and these frustrating jump'n'run sequences, I fell down so many times...; and who t. f. got this idea about these handbraking left hand keyboard-combinations? I did need a trainer for the endboss of this tv-mission... but now I'm frustrated and I won't be back for playing. And who got the idea to change movement of the character just inside a mission? I deleted this game by now :-((( it was so frustrating :-(((
Captureyhu_zps97a386e8.png

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Me, I only found Kablooey useless, but that's because of my play style. On the other hand, Eryx are my best friends when I'm fighting the Butcher or the Tyrant. And Aquila's just a godsend when that damn Witch comes along, or when the blue-coated enemies attack.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I hated the bosses with a passion except for Vergil (only slightly) since there were a ton of mid fight cutscenes that interrupted the flow of combat a lot.

^This! I don't understand why on earth they have to do this. Can't that scene just be automatically skipped when someone beat the game? It seems they want to give the fight a feeling of being epic or atmospheric but to me, it's like it's just milking the fight in-game.

Top Bottom