• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Biggest Dissapointments in DmC: Devil May Cry

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
This is a thread, where you add constructive criticisms to the game, your official opinion on what could be improved.

Each will be split into one of 3 categories.

Gameplay.

Story.

Other

For me
Gameplay

The gameplay was smooth and stylish, but it felt like it didn't meet it's goal of "redeeming" the Devil May Cry franchise. More importantly, The enemy listing is so annoying.We have the color coded bullcrap
and enemies that take so damn long to kill, but you can't even get a decent combo on them.

more USEFUL devil arms would be a nice trait. so far, out of 8 weapons, the only 3 I really ever used are Rebellion, Arbiter, and Osiris.

Story

Angels, srsly, the second game is predictable already, an angel queen will take Mundus's place and it's up to Dante to stop her (Although, if NT is what they are made out to be, which from what I've seen they honestly aren't, there could be a plot twist)

Why? Because they never EXPLAINED what an angel was. We heard a TON and I mean a TON of PR CRAP about them in 2010, but we never got to see them in game. We were told they "Weren't exactly good". And then we see Eva.

other

The music's lyrics don't rhyme and the music is not nearly as good as "Taste the blood" from DMC3.

vakarian23

enemies that take so damn long to kill, but you can't even get a decent combo on them.

I know what you're talking about, there are enemies in this game that seem entirely impossible to bring down stylishly but that is not really true. There are ways to properly combo nearly every enemy, as showcased in Soupie's thread "DMD Video by n472".

What disappointed me most in DmC was the inability to perform taunts during combat. To most people this might seem like a minor thing to moan about but I just loved taunting in DMC3 and 4.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I'd have to disagree with the weapons, I think Aquila might just be the best devil arm in DmC period.
As for story, I think the next game will have Vergil back as the bad guy, or maybe have him partner up with some type of angel, that would be cool.
Everyone has a different taste in music, my favorite themes from past DMCs were Ultraviolet and the ones similar to it, like Nero's theme.

Romy

I'll just say that the gameplay is awesome if you know HOW to play the game. Obviously, you're probably a mediocre player, judging by your critiques. The devil arms are more than capable if you're skilled enough. There are already combo videos in which players destroy enemies such as Tyrants in the air using Aquila and Osiris on DMD. The combat system is awesome in this game. And believe me, I'm a hardcore DMC3-4 fan.

DEMON-999

Weapons are great but i kinda expected a final weapon like SPARDA sword in DMC 1

and also taunts .... cant they release taunts as free patch with bloody palace

aside from that i love this game

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Not exactly a dissapointment, well I'm not sure what it is, but throughout the story I didn't really feel Mundus was much of a threat. Sure, he controlled the world secretly, but all he did was sit in his tower and watch while other demons did all the work. And it's only at the end of the game where you get some idea of what he's about when he's talking to Dante about bringing structure and prosperity to humans.
I felt like I knew Lilith more as a villain than Mundus. >_< At least she got out there and did something.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I'll just say that the gameplay is awesome if you know HOW to play the game. Obviously, you're probably a mediocre player, judging by your critiques. The devil arms are more than capable if you're skilled enough. There are already combo videos in which players destroy enemies such as Tyrants in the air using Aquila and Osiris on DMD. The combat system is awesome in this game. And believe me, I'm a hardcore DMC3-4 fan.
So am I -_-, I just feel that Aquila and Eryx leave you open to attacks and the shotgun and Kablooey were kinda just added in there for no reason

GF9000000Returns

and the shotgun and Kablooey were kinda just added in there for no reason

I don't see what's the big deal about that. DMC3 had the Spiral and that laser head and they were useful and nobody had a problem with it not being part of the story.

And I REALLY don't agree with what you've said about the gamelay enemies. I mean, in the original games, there were enemies that were hard too kill too in any difficulty. Are you saying that it's not really trying to redeem its touch by not giving you a challenge?

You take that back right now. Kablooey is awesome and so is the shotgun, especially for dealing with those dreamrunners, and vergil's lighting bolts.

The awesomeness of Kabloeey

Mix of all the Weapons being useful:

Shotgun Importance:

Romy

So am I -_-, I just feel that Aquila and Eryx leave you open to attacks and the shotgun and Kablooey were kinda just added in there for no reason

Both Aquila and Eryx can be used in various sick combos. Aquila's Buy In in the air is probably the most useful one. Eryx's buffering is a bit slow, but then again, you have to know on which enemies can a certain weapon be used most effectively. Shotgun is actually my fav and most useful one out of 3, but you'll also see that Kablooey is also used in various combos which connect perfectly.

chocolatepanda

Angels, srsly, the second game is predictable already, an angel queen will take Mundus's place and it's up to Dante to stop her (Although, if NT is what they are made out to be, which from what I've seen they honestly aren't, there could be a plot twist)
It could go a few way in the second game. Since the worlds have merged demons are in the human realm without the need of a human host so demons like Mundus(if there are others at his level) can now wreak havoc in their own bodies.The angels could want control or there could be a divide,some wants control while others dont, to cause an angel civil war so both sides turn to Dante for help. Dante could start to lose control of his powers(his powers may not be balance between angel and demon) and go look for artifacts to release the rest of his power to gain control. Could have some sort of story with Virgil attempting to gain power over humans maybe with the help of angels(if he makes it out of where ever he is in downfall).

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Story: I don't play DMC games for their stories

Gameplay: Fun, Smooth, Stylish and relatively easy. Colour coded enemies are retarded. Bosses seem more like setpieces than actual enemies. Dreamrunners are funner than all the bosses combined.

Other: Nothing.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Gameplay

The gameplay was smooth and stylish, but it felt like it didn't meet it's goal of "redeeming" the Devil May Cry franchise. More importantly, The enemy listing is so annoying.We have the color coded bullcrap
and enemies that take so damn long to kill, but you can't even get a decent combo on them.

more USEFUL devil arms would be a nice trait. so far, out of 8 weapons, the only 3 I really ever used are Rebellion, Arbiter, and Osiris.

The same could be said for any DMC game. You don't need all the weapons. I got through DMC3 with just rebellion.

Story

So what about Vergil? And why would the angel take control? why is it a her and a queen? Its all about how the plot is made, not about how predictable it could be.

Why? Because they never EXPLAINED what an angel was.

People don't know what angels are? There those being who look human with bird-like wings dressed in white. There, question answered.

We heard a TON and I mean a TON of PR CRAP about them in 2010, but we never got to see them in game. We were told they "Weren't exactly good". And then we see Eva.

This I agree with. They said that angels are in this game, yet...where? The angels I saw were the ones mourning Eva's death, the ones trying to save Eva before she was killed, and the ones that Dante poked.

other

The music's lyrics don't rhyme and the music is not nearly as good as "Taste the blood" from DMC3.

So just because it doesn't rhyme its checked down as bad? That's like me saying "I hate the MLP theme cause there's not enough drum and base."

But in my opinion, any other DMC/DmC song is better then hearing the same song over and over again.

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
This is a thread, where you add constructive criticisms to the game, your official opinion on what could be improved.

Each will be split into one of 3 categories.

Gameplay.

Story.

Other

For me
Gameplay

Story

Why? Because they never EXPLAINED what an angel was. We heard a TON and I mean a TON of PR CRAP about them in 2010, but we never got to see them in game. We were told they "Weren't exactly good". And then we see Eva.

other

Well I will say the gameplay is ok but it has been dumb down to make anyone feel comfortable with the gameplay the only issues I have about is their is no taunt there was a point to this it increases devil trigger and adds points to the style rank the color coded enemies just suck cause I like using all my weapons but then I see a red or blue enemy and now I'm limited to use only like two weapons there are many enemies that seem annoying but most of them are color coded ..... The story line I did not like at all they made Sparda weak their moms angel instead of being human and Mundus a demon king of the underworld is the weakest boss I faced in any game which was a dispointment to see I believe he shouldn't have been in this game just because this is a young Dante and Mundus should have had a large power difference from him..... Other is the game was kinda to easy I beat every mode in the game within 8 days and got everything for the game

Top Bottom