• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Big Plothole

Onecrazymonkey1

How did Mundus even convince the succubus to be hooked up to a machine like that? Poison was almost like a demon version of a cow for milking. :/

Maybe that was all the groping she would ever get from him... Alas the things people/demons do for love....poor thing

1237466918_cows.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Maybe that was all the groping she would ever get from him... Alas the things people/demons do for love....poor thing

1237466918_cows.gif
:lol: Now that is an image I did not want in my head.
Is Mundus some kind of demons pimp? He's got Lilith and Poison doing whatever for him, plus others. I guess it's for power.
With Lilith, I don't know if it was power or love. She seemed really into him during the opening scene, wanting him to screw her, but he was more interested in going on about Dante. I guess her eagerness could also be a ploy to gain his favour. But looking at some of the deleted dialogue, I'm not sure. She did go on like Mundus meant something to her other than a meal ticket and power.

Onecrazymonkey1

:lol: Now that is an image I did not want in my head.
Is Mundus some kind of demons pimp? He's got Lilith and Poison doing whatever for him, plus others. I guess it's for power.
With Lilith, I don't know if it was power or love. She seemed really into him during the opening scene, wanting him to screw her, but he was more interested in going on about Dante. I guess her eagerness could also be a ploy to gain his favour. But looking at some of the deleted dialogue, I'm not sure. She did go on like Mundus meant something to her other than a meal ticket and power.

Maybe it was just for power but after a while I would have to say that just power alone would get stale. After her sleeping with him for a while I would be surprised if she didn't gain at least some feelings for him. Dante, Sparda and Vergil all prove that demons are capable of love. As for the succubus, I really hope someone makes a gif of her being milked somehow if it can be done...sorry for the image though, it's just what popped into my head, that and I also feel like having some cornflakes.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
:lol: Good one!

You know, I've been thinking. What if Poison was one of Mundus' mistresses?:/ Maybe she was beautiful once and he convinced her to do that? So being drained for virility drinks made her ugly. >_<

I figure that because Lilith gets kinda ****ed when Mundus stops screwing her just to say his succubus is dead, with the whole 'Really? Must we talk about her?' line. Just the way she says that sounds kinda frustrated, like he's talked about her before. Plus when Mundus says Poison is dead, all Lilith can do it 'Oh'. Like she doesn't really care and is thinking 'good less competition for me'.
Plus Vergil did imply that Mundus had other women around.

Just my slightly crazy theory. :p
Mundus is so rough he makes women ugly point proven already

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Mundus is so rough he makes women ugly point proven already
Or so rough their face begins to slide off. And let's face it....his kid wouldn't win any baby beauty pageants.>_< It'd probably eat all the judges and then wreck the pageant place. :p

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Or so rough their face begins to slide off. And let's face it....his kid wouldn't win any baby beauty pageants.>_< It'd probably eat all the judges and then wreck the pageant place. :p
Well it is...."A face only a mother could love"
Yyyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!

8BitHero

Scrub
Well there you go. NOW we can call it Devil May Cry.

I felt more bad for Poison. I don't know why. The poor slug was just a confused cuss crazy monster who was just an item to make virility for 1200 years.:(
Also, Devil May Cry doesn't mean you actually have to cry. The "May" part says you have permission to or could at some point, but doesn't mean you have to or ever will.
Wait why am I even talking about this!? *Throws socks* BOOOO!

It's so ugly even Mundus doesn't like his own kid:lol:
juik_zps60a00b64.png

loool_zpsb14b108b.png

Jeremy_Kyle.jpg

Now it's time for those all important DNA test results ladies and gents.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Also, Devil May Cry doesn't mean you actually have to cry. The "May" part says you have permission to or could at some point, but doesn't mean you have to or ever will.
Wait why am I even talking about this!? *Throws socks* BOOOO!

Jeremy_Kyle.jpg

Now it's time for those all important DNA test results ladies and gents.
I just knew she was a cheater!:lol:

Seeing as this thread is about plotholes; I just thought of a few:
- Couldn't any demon/ angel supernatural being kill Mundus? All they'd have to do is get him away from the hell gate and shoot him or something.

-What was Mundus doing in Kyle Ryder's body from the point after killing Eva to the start of the game? That's like maybe over 12 years where we don't know what he was doing. But it takes till a week before the game for him to be made head of finance and to threaten the president. So what was he doing before that?:/

-Why does Mundus even need an heir if he is immortal? Is it a backup plan? But the way Mundus is, he thinks he's a god, so wouldn't it follow that he thinks he could never die....therefore would not need an heir as a backup.

-Erasing the memory of Dante and Vergil. What was the point of that? If Vergil was living with a nice family, then how did wiping his memory help anything? As for Dante, wiping his memory would not help either. Demons knew he existed and Mundus knew what he looked like. So even if Dante did not remember, demons would still be able to know what he looked like and try to kill him.

-Why didn't the demons kill Dante as a child if they knew what he looked like? It seems like demons ran the children's homes and juvenile detention where Dante went. So they had a lot of chances to kill him. Maybe they did try. Judging from Bob's talk druing the boss fight, it sounded like that nurse tried to kill Dante, but he killed her first.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Wasn't the significance of the title 'Devil May Cry' the name of Dante's shop in DMC 1? It's obviously a play on the phrase 'Devil May Care', and I believe in DMC 3 Lady can be quoted as saying "Even a Devil May Cry at the loss of a loved one" following Dante's loss of Vergil, but as I recall the main premise of the Devil May Cry title was due to it being the name of Dante's Demon hunting shop.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
If we're to take titles seriously then I'd expect Resident Evil 6 meaning you live in a residential area which have 6 evil people in them.
Or Rock Band being a game in which you tie rubber bands around yer pet rock. Also, where's the plot hole? Devil Never Cry? Naawww
i like the rock band part XD

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
- Couldn't any demon/ angel supernatural being kill Mundus? All they'd have to do is get him away from the hell gate and shoot him or something.

Demons wouldn't readily have any inclination of wanting to kill their own overlord since Mundus is making things so hunky-dory for them, and angels couldn't get anywhere near Limbo where demons could hide. The whole point of why the Nephilim were a risk was because they could freely walk into Limbo (or an angelic equivalent), and they had no real alignment, meaning they could be a threat.

The concept of anyone drawing Mundus away from the Hell Gate and killing him after it's sealed would work, but there's all the stuff leading up to being able to do such a thing that makes the Nephilim totally suited for the job.

-What was Mundus doing in Kyle Ryder's body from the point after killing Eva to the start of the game? That's like maybe over 12 years where we don't know what he was doing. But it takes till a week before the game for him to be made head of finance and to threaten the president. So what was he doing before that?:/

Building his financial empire, most likely. Big banking companies and rich kingpins don't just spring up overnight. This isn't really a plothole, just backstory that's not fleshed out, nor does it really need to be :p

-Why does Mundus even need an heir if he is immortal? Is it a backup plan? But the way Mundus is, he thinks he's a god, so wouldn't it follow that he thinks he could never die....therefore would not need an heir as a backup.

*shrug* Just in case, and hubris, I guess. Demons are vain creatures, but it could also be because he just wanted a child of his own. That happens, sometimes - when you've got the world on a silver platter, all you want is a family to share it with. Lilith didn't seem to care too much about the child, but Mundus was pretty invested in him, like Phineas said.

-Erasing the memory of Dante and Vergil. What was the point of that? If Vergil was living with a nice family, then how did wiping his memory help anything? As for Dante, wiping his memory would not help either. Demons knew he existed and Mundus knew what he looked like. So even if Dante did not remember, demons would still be able to know what he looked like and try to kill him.

Wiping their memories sorta all but forces them to live normal lives, without growing up with this grand vendetta, and it allowed them to fit into regular society as much as they could. Plus it prevents them from outing themselves as Nephilim to the wrong people. Sorta like a...Witness Protection Program, but instead of just getting a new name and background or something, their memories were wiped to make them seem as much like normal kids as possible.

And obviously things didn't turn out well for Dante, since demons seemed to be on his case all the time anyway.

-Why didn't the demons kill Dante as a child if they knew what he looked like? It seems like demons ran the children's homes and juvenile detention where Dante went. So they had a lot of chances to kill him. Maybe they did try. Judging from Bob's talk druing the boss fight, it sounded like that nurse tried to kill Dante, but he killed her first.

I guess Dante wasn't killed as a child because...*shrug* how do you randomly explain a child's death? Or perhaps Mundus didn't think a kid with a wiped memory was going to be a problem for him. They had him all locked up in their facilities anyway; first he was at St Lamia's Orphanage, and then he was in Hellfire up until a little before DmC started, where they had to "tie up the loose end" by finding and killing Dante once and for all.

Domenic93

I guess Dante wasn't killed as a child because...*shrug* how do you randomly explain a child's death? Or perhaps Mundus didn't think a kid with a wiped memory was going to be a problem for him. They had him all locked up in their facilities anyway; first he was at St Lamia's Orphanage, and then he was in Hellfire up until a little before DmC started, where they had to "tie up the loose end" by finding and killing Dante once and for all.

when you have a being that you know fits the terms of a prophecy in you grasp, you do not engage unless your leader is there to take care of it personally get the boss(mundus) to come to the orphanage adopt the little F, bring him back to his mansion and drag him into limbo in his mansion home so he could'nt damage the hellgate, which render mundus immortal at that point, he could easilly rip his head off if he wanted, and then just have rage demons come eat the body, all he would have would be rebellion without the whip. is so simple

Also that bring up a plot hole, if in the comic Dante only got rebellion a month before the events of the game in the prison, then why does he have it in the flash back to the demon nun he killed in the orphanage? and they did say the comic is cannon

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Also that bring up a plot hole, if in the comic Dante only got rebellion a month before the events of the game in the prison, then why does he have it in the flash back to the demon nun he killed in the orphanage? and they did say the comic is cannon

...no, that was a butcher knife he was holding with the orphan matron's head flashback, not Rebellion

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Demons wouldn't readily have any inclination of wanting to kill their own overlord since Mundus is making things so hunky-dory for them, and angels couldn't get anywhere near Limbo where demons could hide. The whole point of why the Nephilim were a risk was because they could freely walk into Limbo (or an angelic equivalent), and they had no real alignment, meaning they could be a threat.

The concept of anyone drawing Mundus away from the Hell Gate and killing him after it's sealed would work, but there's all the stuff leading up to being able to do such a thing that makes the Nephilim totally suited for the job.
Good point! Then again....Vergil snuck into Silversacks tower using what appeared to be the garbage chute:p But it would need a being able to cross into Limbo to unlock those seals that lead to Mundus' office.

Building his financial empire, most likely. Big banking companies and rich kingpins don't just spring up overnight. This isn't really a plothole, just backstory that's not fleshed out, nor does it really need to be :p That's what I find strange. He's a demon king so he could have just taken over the world by force. But then again, I guess he wants willing humans as cattle and the best way to do that is slowly and with deception. But it just seems a little too slow. That guy must have a lot of patience. Maybe he got a kick out of controlling the world covertly?>_<

*shrug* Just in case, and hubris, I guess. Demons are vain creatures, but it could also be because he just wanted a child of his own. That happens, sometimes - when you've got the world on a silver platter, all you want is a family to share it with. Lilith didn't seem to care too much about the child, but Mundus was pretty invested in him, like Phineas said.
So basically he gets bored now that he owns the world, and having a baby is something to lessen the boredom. Or some kind of status symbol maybe to prove his Virility?:p

Wiping their memories sorta all but forces them to live normal lives, without growing up with this grand vendetta, and it allowed them to fit into regular society as much as they could. Plus it prevents them from outing themselves as Nephilim to the wrong people. Sorta like a...Witness Protection Program, but instead of just getting a new name and background or something, their memories were wiped to make them seem as much like normal kids as possible.
That's the thing. Both of them said there was something missing in their lives. I guess Sparda was buying time until both twins eventually found out the truth. I wonder if Dante would have found the full truth about what his parents were without Vergil recruiting him? Dante knew there were demons, but he didn't seem to know why they were hounding him until he was told the truth.

And obviously things didn't turn out well for Dante, since demons seemed to be on his case all the time anyway.

A child's death wouldn't need to be explained, especially a child without family or friends. People in power could have easily covered it up like a tragic accident. I get that they wanted to contain Dante, but Lilith says that Mundus was looking for Dante ever since the night he killed Eva. So Mundus would have killed Dante first chance he got. Unless the plan was to make him suffer and then kill him.

...no, that was a butcher knife he was holding with the orphan matron's head flashback, not Rebellion
I just scoped out the image of Dante as a kid with that demon head and it does look like he's holding rebellion- same handle on the end.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Well just because he got it there doesn't mean he readily knew how to use it at will. Hellfire may have been a point when he was finally able to handle it whenever.

Or, to the matter that the comic books are rushed, and utterly crap, so there's gonna be a few mistakes :/ Like...seriously, the plot itself totally works, but the comics were horribly paced, and horribly drawn. I found myself shaking my head when I read them >.<

And usually when two things are "considered canon," the main product takes precedence over supplemental material when it comes to something contradictory. It's not so much a "plot hole" that the comics wrote Dante only getting Rebellion in Hellfire so much as it's just really bad writing that didn't seemed to be overseen very well :p

Good point! Then again....Vergil snuck into Silversacks tower using what appeared to be the garbage chute:p But it would need a being able to cross into Limbo to unlock those seals that lead to Mundus' office.

Exactly :p The plan only works for so many steps before Nephilim are required.

That's what I find strange. He's a demon king so he could have just taken over the world by force. But then again, I guess he wants willing humans as cattle and the best way to do that is slowly and with deception. But it just seems a little too slow. That guy must have a lot of patience. Maybe he got a kick out of controlling the world covertly?>_<

Well, when you're immortal you tend to have all the time in the world :p And as for why he did it the way he did, I typed up a rather logical reasoning that I think plays out well.

So basically he gets bored now that he owns the world, and having a baby is something to lessen the boredom. Or some kind of status symbol maybe to prove his Virility?:p

Haha. Something like that, maybe. Why do people want children at all? Any number of reasons; someone to love, someone to love them, someone to carry on their legacy...Mundus seemed to really care about the child, but it's for reasons I guess we'll never know. Again, not really a "plothole" so much as not explained much beyond "Kill the child, nothing with hurt him more."

That's the thing. Both of them said there was something missing in their lives. I guess Sparda was buying time until both twins eventually found out the truth. I wonder if Dante would have found the full truth about what his parents were without Vergil recruiting him? Dante knew there were demons, but he didn't seem to know why they were hounding him until he was told the truth.

I guess it wasn't really a memory "wipe" as much as it was a burial :p

I do think that Dante probably would have continued to live his life in hedonistic semi-obscurity without knowing the truth if not for The Order's intervention. He'd just continue on his selfish path until he's bested by the demons and killed :C

A child's death wouldn't need to be explained, especially a child without family or friends. People in power could have easily covered it up like a tragic accident. I get that they wanted to contain Dante, but Lilith says that Mundus was looking for Dante ever since the night he killed Eva. So Mundus would have killed Dante first chance he got. Unless the plan was to make him suffer and then kill him.

I don't think those to phrases were connected, were they? I dunno, I'll have to look at them again. I just passed that point in my Hell and Hell playthrough >.<

And yeah...it was Rebellion. It had odd proportions, perfectly fit for young Dante though. Man, that sword is fancy, even resizes itself!

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
And yeah...it was Rebellion. It had odd proportions, perfectly fit for young Dante though. Man, that sword is fancy, even resizes itself!

I call probably minor continuity error then. I thought I recalled seeing it as a butcher knife but a second check, it was an oddly sized Rebellion after all.

Jerry Wirerammer

the game is "Devil May Cry" and it's called that because at some point in the series Dante will cry and that's weird because he is a DEMON but in DMC he is both Angel and Demon, and Angel's cry (im guessing , we see them weeping over Eva's body in the picture) so that really doesnt make sense anymore
the game is "Devil May Cry" and it's called that because at some point in the series Dante will cry and that's weird because he is a DEMON but in DMC he is both Angel and Demon, and Angel's cry (im guessing , we see them weeping over Eva's body in the picture) so that really doesnt make sense anymore

By that logic the originals games don't make sense either because he is half human and humans cry? In neither series is he fully demon.

Top Bottom