• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Big Plothole

Avenged Sorrow

Dark Slayer
the game is "Devil May Cry" and it's called that because at some point in the series Dante will cry and that's weird because he is a DEMON but in DMC he is both Angel and Demon, and Angel's cry (im guessing , we see them weeping over Eva's body in the picture) so that really doesnt make sense anymore

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
It could still relate to Dante's demonic side, since that seems to be the part him and Vergil can control the most. But I guess, the correct title for DmC should've been:

Nephilim May Cry.

Or just Nephilim. Hey why didn't they just call it Nephilim? That's a nice original name :3

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well dante doesnt cry in 2 or 4 so id assume it would be that case where nothing too emotional has happened, expect man tears in the sequel

No. Dante didn't cry, but in DMC2 Lucia cried and she was a demon. In DMC4 Nero cried over Kyrie. (More then once)

In DmC Lilith almost cried over not being useful to Mundus anymore. However, Dante felt mournful for his brother so in a way that's showing emotions that relate to sadness, which can equal tears. So in a way, it's still "devil MAY cry" not "devil WILL cry."

Onecrazymonkey1

Dante is crying in the graffiti art, does that count?

tumblr_mj4i6c2qaG1s5jurlo1_500.jpg

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
No. Dante didn't cry, but in DMC2 Lucia cried and she was a demon. In DMC4 Nero cried over Kyrie. (More then once)

In DmC Lilith almost cried over not being useful to Mundus anymore. However, Dante felt mournful for his brother so in a way that's showing emotions that relate to sadness, which can equal tears. So in a way, it's still "devil MAY cry" not "devil WILL cry."
Good point

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I mean the bit where she's sitting in the car. That's where I thought she looked like she was going to cry. >_<
Ah, gothca. Yeah, I say it would. She looked so pitiful. Seriously I dont know why but I felt so sorry for her.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dante is crying in the graffiti art, does that count?

tumblr_mj4i6c2qaG1s5jurlo1_500.jpg

Well there you go. NOW we can call it Devil May Cry.

Ah, gothca. Yeah, I say it would. She looked so pitiful. Seriously I dont know why but I felt so sorry for her.

I felt more bad for Poison. I don't know why. The poor slug was just a confused cuss crazy monster who was just an item to make virility for 1200 years.:(

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I guess because she does seem so pathetic at this point. She admits that she's nothing to Mundus without the baby. Plus I guess Mundus isn't too happy with her at that point what with putting his heir in danger. So she's probably sitting in the car wondering if she's even getting out of the situation alive and knowing that Mundus only has her around because of his heir.
Even her movements during the exchange scene make her look scared and worried.

I know this is a game, but I can't help thinking of women in real life who have a baby thinking it will make her closer to a man, but the man leaves and she has to deal with it. >_<

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I felt more bad for Poison. I don't know why. The poor slug was just a confused cuss crazy monster who was just an item to make virility for 1200 years.:(
A badass demon succubus who has these amazing powers...making a soft drink item for 1200 years...yeah when you put it that way that's sorta tragic :(
I know this is a game, but I can't help thinking of women in real life who have a baby thinking it will make her closer to a man, but the man leaves and she has to deal with it. >_<
Oh my gosh I agree 100%. That's why I felt sorry for her. I mean I know she was evil and all but still, she was a miserable little thing. (Even if she was a creepy demon lady)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
She was offered a discount on Virility
:lol: Good one!

You know, I've been thinking. What if Poison was one of Mundus' mistresses?:/ Maybe she was beautiful once and he convinced her to do that? So being drained for virility drinks made her ugly. >_<

I figure that because Lilith gets kinda ****ed when Mundus stops screwing her just to say his succubus is dead, with the whole 'Really? Must we talk about her?' line. Just the way she says that sounds kinda frustrated, like he's talked about her before. Plus when Mundus says Poison is dead, all Lilith can do it 'Oh'. Like she doesn't really care and is thinking 'good less competition for me'.
Plus Vergil did imply that Mundus had other women around.

Just my slightly crazy theory. :p

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
How did Mundus even convince the succubus to be hooked up to a machine like that? Poison was almost like a demon version of a cow for milking. :/

It could be a case of fear or loyalty to Mundus's established power, you're either a cog in the great workings or you're a problem to be dealt with. It could even be that Succubus was forced into doing it and Mundus has made it so Succusbus has no choice in the matter.

Everybody becomes somewhat pitiable when it's somebody like Mundus that's in charge.

Top Bottom