• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Benvenuti al Colosseo

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sorry for the title in Italian, but it sounded more suitable for this thread, since this is the Coliseum!
So, in this thread, every 3 days I will choose 2 characters from the DMC and DmC universe and we'll go into speculation about who would win in a fight! Only one rule: I think we are all mature people here, so let's discuss nicely, no insults or other nasty stuff!

First fight: Beowulf vs Agni and Rudra! Go!

Viper

Premium
Grazie, amico! Vinca il migliore! (note: I don't actually speak Italian, just some Latin and happen to live near Italy)

This is a tricky question. Beowulf is really strong, but half-blind and could end up really vulnerable if they happen to get to his other eye. On the other hand, while A&R fight in a pair, making them double trouble, they can be tricked into turning this to their disadvantage if their opponent is smart enough. Also, their power level is not that high.

Umm, I'd go for Beowulf...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Grazie, amico! Vinca il migliore! (note: I don't actually speak Italian, just some Latin and happen to live near Italy)

This is a tricky question. Beowulf is really strong, but half-blind and could end up really vulnerable if they happen to get to his other eye. On the other hand, while A&R fight in a pair, making them double trouble, they can be tricked into turning this to their disadvantage if their opponent is smart enough. Also, their power level is not that high.

Umm, I'd go for Beowulf...

Short but nice analysis! I would add that A&R are pretty agile, so they could climb on Beowulf 's body and tear his last eye off. Maybe his wings too. In the latter case, I think his light powers would be gone, since I read somewhere that his wings are the source of his light.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Short but nice analysis! I would add that A&R are pretty agile, so they could climb on Beowulf 's body and tear his last eye off. Maybe his wings too. In the latter case, I think his light powers would be gone, since I read somewhere that his wings are the source of his light.
don#t forget his self-explosion. If they tried he would definitely use it against them.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
don#t forget his self-explosion. If they tried he would definitely use it against them.

You have a point there. What if they cut his wings before he can do that? After all, Beowulf needs a short amount of time to charge the explosion, and A&R are pretty fast with the sword...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I doubt they could get onto him that easy, he us fast for hus size too and could swat one accross the room. Furthermore with wings he can send there fire and wind back at them just by flapping.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You have a point there. What if they cut his wings before he can do that? After all, Beowulf needs a short amount of time to charge the explosion, and A&R are pretty fast with the sword...
Hmm..it's hard to tell. they mostly rely on elemental attacks. Problem is it's also unknown if they would be smart enough to do it (umm they aren't shining example of intelligence)

Kaim Argonar

I think Beowulf would outclass them for the most part. But I will say it wouldn't be an easy victory. Beo (aside from his few projectile moves) seems to prefer to get close and personal while he throws his weight around. I can definitely see Agni & Rudra landing some hits on (their team work is remarkable) but the biggest issue is Beowulfs seemingly crazy endurance. He lost to Dante but unlike the others seems to have put some work on him. Plus he was actually coming back for round two (but unfortunately ran into Vergil who probably just got done watching Highlander)

Tl:dr

Beowulf wins low-mid difficulty

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I doubt they could get onto him that easy, he us fast for hus size too and could swat one accross the room. Furthermore with wings he can send there fire and wind back at them just by flapping.

I'm not sure. I mean, they control fire and wind, so it's possible Beo couldn't send their shots back at them. But even if he could, they're "made" of fire and wind, so they wouldn't be harmed.
I don't know who to pick... I don't think it would be that easy for Beowulf to win, size doesn't always matter.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He is a better combattant , even without a weapon he is better. Also if he pounds the host body into the ground the swords can't do much.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
He is a better combattant , even without a weapon he is better. Also if he pounds the host body into the ground the swords can't do much.

Yeah, but the point is that in my opinion it wouldn't be that easy for him to pound them to the ground, given A&R's agility.
Also, why would he be a better combattant? All we saw him do is waving his fists in the air, and smashing them to the ground, nothing so sophisticated... he just relies on his size and light powers. A&R use their elemental powers, yes, but they also use actual sword techniques in combination with that.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
What agilty all the do is either.run or jump , other.than that they stand and block or do some attacks. Beowolf is aggressive and he runs and charges at you , he would get hold of one and then do serious damage. And again he has reach so he can attack as they try to get close , also he has the energy spheres for lomg range attacks. I am sure he can dodge.and jump and fly too considering this is a fictional fight.not hindered by geplay mechanics.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What agilty all the do is either.run or jump , other.than that they stand and block or do some attacks. Beowolf is aggressive and he runs and charges at you , he would get hold of one and then do serious damage. And again he has reach so he can attack as they try to get close , also he has the energy spheres for lomg range attacks. I am sure he can dodge.and jump and fly too considering this is a fictional fight.not hindered by geplay mechanics.

Exactly. Not hindered by gameplay mechanics. So A&R don't only run and jump, or stand and block. They are very agile, like it's shown during their boss fight, they are capable of performing multiple fast flips in the air. If they can do that, they surely can perform some other moves. So yes, they are agile.
On the other hand, we don't see Beowulf performing any particular fighting technique, he fights like a brawler.

Point is, they got different advantages, that compensate. Beowulf has his great size, strength and light powers, while A&R possess a highly remarkable agility and speed, sword fighting techniques and elemental powers, which they use in combo.
That's why it's hard for me to pick a side. Imo, this is not as simple as one would assume at first impression.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
By that logic beowolf has large wings, all he has to do is fly up into the air and float there and then make it rain energy spheres on them. He can also swoop down and attack, and he uses cages in the story to throw so he can use the environmemt too.

Top Bottom