• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Being honest here...

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
Do y'all truly hate Nero?
When I was playing DMC4, I didn't even really care about him but his playstyle does get a little stale after about 6 missions so ya...

I don't I think the hate is largely undeserved. I don't hate him, but in the end I don't necessarily even care about him.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont hate him, I just dont really see his story as a necessary direction for the franchise as I rather would have had more games with Young Dante after DMC3 but before DMC1.

But i think how you execute story ideas are often what make or break them for the audience so why people hate Nero and by extension new Dante could be explained by using that statement as the core of the argument.

Nero is a nice starting character.

He could have been more developed regarding his personality traits. Often,he speaks just like Dante did in DMC3 and this way he comes off as a younger version of him the difference being he possesses some angry issues.

His backstory isn't really the happiest, so these outbursts can be understood. My only complain is that they somehow abuse of this instead of making him seem more serious so he can be different from the protagonist of the series.
It indeed gives a refreshing air to DMC which,in my opinion,has been lacklustre in characters and backstories in the past years.

His design is okay,he looks like a descendant of Sparda but he doesn't have a different style,it's quite monotonous. (In the artbook,on the contrary,his design was far much better,I still don't understand why they didn't count the designs in there for Dante as well)

As for his combat scheme,the Devil bringer was a great surprise,as for being something new.The combos are also pretty impressive.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
since DMC 4 was the first one i played i do think Nero is a good character even if Dante is more entertaining

i did roll my eyes when i first saw him cry
but looking at it now its not THAT bad he cries once and its only for like 20 seconds then he gets going

as for his play style i love it
he has the only charge shot that's actually usefully IMO
pulling of a max act is always satisfying
and i really like how his buster turns most enemy's in to attacks

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I like him, but he's no Dante. I'd say overall he's my fourth or fifth favorite character in the series (1 being Dante, 2 is Vergil, and 3 is Lady)

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

I only hate the fact that Nero occupied more than half of DMC4. Other than that, he's a whiny character.
But as for gameplay, he was accessible for new players, as well as bringing new mechanics to the table to appease advanced players. Even for his limited move set, you have a ton to work with.

Of course, Dante is far superior to Nero in regards to advanced gameplay.

YOU'RE BACK! :eek:

I kinda hope that you're referring to my terribly long absence.
If you are, I am flattered by the fact that somebody remembers me.

Anyways, I am glad to be back, it's nice to see this forum is still active.
I spent a lot of time here and remembering those times evokes the feeling of strong nostalgia (ah, those forbidden debates and flame wars). :'(
I see that a lot of older members changed their names, so I don't recognize everyone.
There are some new members who are still a mystery for me and I hope that we can be introduced to each other soon. :sneaky:
Stay awesome peeps. :thumbsup:

Well, let this be my "come back" post. (*secretly avoiding introductions and goodbyes part of the forums*)
I hope I didn't disrupt the thread much and if I did I apologize to the staff. :blush:

ON TOPIC:

Nero's devil bringer should have been orange (orange carried that "demonic", "organic" look, in contrast to this ghost, ethereal blue)
Also, devil bringer would have been even more awesome if it had much more options like punching, 3 or 4-hit combos...

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, combos would have been so much better than that "auto-throw" move crap. That was heinous.

And yeah, welcome back. Tbh, I thought you were gone for good.

Tbh, I thought you were gone for good.

That hurts. I hope you're being sarcastic...for your own good. I have deep connections with the staff here and I can, with their hands, ban you in a matter of seconds!!
152554_StopRightThereCriminalScum.jpg

Watch out.

ON TOPIC:

I expect at least one more game with Nero as a main character. This guy has potential, but none of it is realized in DMC4.
I always felt that DMC4 was a bit rushed out, even though they had 3 years to develop it right. Well, Capcom is a busy company...I guess.
It seemed like a forced continuation to the series, like they had no idea on how to do it. Plot-holes it leaves are just too gigantic for my taste.
Oh, avant-garde DMC4.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Much like Innsmouth said, he's okay, but would have been better off being more fleshed out as his own character, and not a stand-in for Dante. Plus, I'm not that big a fan of revolvers, and I liked the twin pistol gunplay, so...he was missing several things that I liked DMC for (Gunslinger skills).

Oh thank god I'm not only one that utterly hates DmC's ****ed up control scheme

He prooooobably was talking about Dante in DMC4, since...y'know, this is the DMC4 section.

Exejpgwmv

Plus, I'm not that big a fan of revolvers, and I liked the twin pistol gunplay, so...he was missing several things that I liked DMC for (Gunslinger skills)
Soooo.... I'll take that as a no for Dante possibly getting a revolver in your DmC fanfic.

Top Bottom