• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BBC unveils Christmas lineup

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
The BBC has reveled its Christmas line up , so have itv and channel 4 ( and no one cares about channel 5 :p:p:D:D)

The BBC have

Wallace and Gromit are back for a bakery-set adventure called A Matter Of Loaf and Death, while Alan Davies will reprise his role as Jonathan Creek for the first time in five years.

Scottish comedy Rab C Nesbitt is also back for a new 45-minute special after an absence of a decade, and the cast of Blackadder will reunite for a one-off documentary special, Blackadder Rides Again.

The lineup features festive episodes of comedies The Royle Family, Gavin and Stacey, After You've Gone, My Family, Lead Balloon and a revived Shooting Stars.

Previous contestants will return to the dancefloor in the traditional festive edition of Strictly Come Dancing and David Morrissey guest stars in the Christmas episode of Doctor Who. BBC One will also air highlights of summer event Doctor Who at the Proms.

Top of the Pops will be back for two episodes on BBC One - one on Christmas Day, the other on New Year's Eve - and there will be eight new episodes of TOTP2 on BBC Two.

Factual highlights include a Top Gear special set in Vietnam, a five-part Christmas cookery series Nigella's Christmas Kitchen and The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special.

A second series of Lark Rise To Candleford will begin with a feature-length Christmas special followed by 11 new episodes.

Rupert Penry Jones leads a new drama thriller, The 39 Steps, set in the build-up to the World War I.

ITV have

The Chris Tarrant-fronted quiz show is also set to star Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson and 'GMTV''s Eamonn Holmes as the celebrities raise money for their selected charity.

In the drama department, Stephen Fry is to star as Tom Arnold in a remake of 'Tom Brown's School Days' on New Year's Day.

Celebrities take centre stage on Christmas Day with a 'Parkinson' special on ITV1, with special guests yet to be revealed.

Stalwarts 'Emmerdale' and ' Coronation Street' also appears alongside crime drama 'Midsomer Murders: The Ghost of Christmas Past.'

In addition, there is a 'Stars in their Eyes Christmas Special' and an exclusive look at the British Comedy Awards.

ITV2 is screening a selection of Christmas pantomimes with Frank Skinner, Martin Clunes, Paul Merton, Griff Rhys Jones and Patsy Kensit to star. Confirmed adaptations include 'Cinderella', 'Dick Whittington', 'Jack and the Beanstalk' and 'Aladdin'.

There will be a host of film premieres on ITV1 including 'A Simple Wish' and 'Finding Forrester'.

Other films lined up are the Jim Carrey comedy 'The Grinch', the original 'Star Wars' trilogy and 'Apollo 13'. Children's classics 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' and 'Mary Poppins' are also set to appear.

Channel 4 have

The Whatever-night-of-the-week-it-feels-like Project, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Alan Carr's Celebrity Ding Dong... I reserve special and exquisite rancouor for those sorts of things.

Unfortunately, Channel 4 is rolling out Christmas special galore of those programmes. We'll have The Charlotte Church Nutcracking Christmas Special, which sees the Welsh star welcome Ronnie Corbett, James Corden and Ruth Jones onto the show. Then there's a Christmas edition of Russell Brand's Ponderland, as well as Simon Pegg guest-hosting The Friday Night Christmas Project. And there's also a Celebrity Ding Dong special too.

Away from all that, Derren Brown's most recent stage show - Evening Of Wonders - makes its television debut (he's always worth a watch), and there's a slew of the channel's cooking stars in action - Jamie Cooks Christmas, River Cottage Christmas Sepcial and Willie's Perfect Chocolate Christmas are all on over the festive period.

The Family make a seasonal, one-off return, and The Secret Millionaire Changed My Life is a catch-up show to follow the popular series.

Robert Beckford - the man who is fast becoming a Christmas staple - makes a return in The Nativity Decoded.

so set your sky+ ready for a brilliant Christmas - and sorry the the American , and other members that cant get these channels - you will have to miss out :p:p

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
THANK YOU!!!

i know what i need to stay in for now

Wallace and gromit
derren brwon
My family
8 out of 10 cats
and maybe the dr who

Im annoyed that they havent brought Robin hood back at all this year, it was rumoured for Oct 2008, but it hasnt come and iw as hoping for a xmas special maybe

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Good ol' BBC! They never disappoint at Christmas time! :D Shame most of their programming is mostly duff all year round except for Xmas, but I can forgive 'em if they're putting Wallace & Gromit on! :p

Nice find, omenminator!

Top Bottom