• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Battlefield 1 Revealed

Dark Drakan

Admin
battlefield%201%20release%20date.jpg

So rumours were true and Battlefield has gone to WWI for its next outing and it's named Battlefield 1 (understand logic behind name in one sense with it being WW1 game but it's odd choice in another sense).

Battlefield 1 goes back to WW1 and feels like the most modern shooter of this generation

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm up for it. I miss the days where there were a **** ton of WW2 games, but barely any game set in WW1. The only one I can remember is Necrovision.

But Battlefield taking on the setting, pretty cool. Curious to see how they're gonna incorporate tactical gameplay in this one. And guns. I mean, there were no holo sights or mountable grenade launchers back then. LOL

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Technically guys the first game was called 1942 there has been no battlefield 1

That aside I am hyped for this especially after how disappointed I was with the cod reveal.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Safe to say DICE's won this round. Just check out the like-dislike ratio in this video, and then check out the one in Infinite Warfare. That's what you get when you stop listening to your fans.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Technically guys the first game was called 1942 there has been no battlefield 1

I have very fond memories of Battlefield 1942 and I can see the sense in the name based on time period its just a little odd to follow BF4 with BF1 (not including Hardline of course).

Im interested to hear more on the destruction aspect because according to some sources they were asked to scale it back by testers because the maps were being destroyed so badly. That intrigues me as the series seemed to hit a wall with its scale of destruction and I want to see what they can do with todays tech in that regard now.

I'm up for it. I miss the days where there were a **** ton of WW2 games, but barely any game set in WW1. The only one I can remember is Necrovision.

There has been Verdun recently too and its set in WW1.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

But Battlefield taking on the setting, pretty cool. Curious to see how they're gonna incorporate tactical gameplay in this one. And guns. I mean, there were no holo sights or mountable grenade launchers back then. LOL
Since when have video games actually told the difference between WW1 and 2? WW1 was basically a ton of trench warfare, which wouldn't really make for an exciting game especially since Battlefield, while basically the same as CoD to be honest, tries to sell people on battles on a larger and more varied scale. I imagine this game will be yet another WW2 shooter without actually being one.

But WW1 was pretty much the last war to use horses during combat, so maybe you can fly a plane in to a guy riding a horse.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Not really. At least when it comes to 3 and 4. Haven't played Hardline.

It's being pretty delusional if you think CoD and Battlefield are really that different. Hell, Battlefield now only exist to knick the heels of CoD. It lost its personal identity a long time ago. I know I'm not alone thinking these samey military shooters saturating the market have overstayed their welcome by a long shot.

I'm still having a hard time coming around to anything made by DICE since they absolutely ruined Battlefront. Yes, I'm still salty about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's being pretty delusional if you think CoD and Battlefield are really that different.

Really? Last time I checked, COD was a one man army game that relies on twitch shooting skills and fast reflexes on maps thought for a contained amount of players, while Battlefield is a team based, class heavy shooter, with emphasis on players' role in the team and tons on vehicles on large maps thought out for large battles where being a one man army pays like looking for apricots in December.

Yes it's gotten more arcade-y over the years but saying it's the same as COD, THAT is the stretch. I can understand your saltiness because they messed up Battlefront but try not to make stuff up cause of it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: Seriously, please start editing your posts. I'm getting tired of having to always merge your double posts together.

And I'm not a massive fan of shooter games. Anyone would normally just pass it off as them all looking the same, even if they aren't. You'd probably have to be someone that has played a couple of CoD and Battlefield games to be able to spot the key differences. Either way, I'm not interested in CoD anymore.

Top Bottom