• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bad Habits While Playing Video Games

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Slouching /w feet up facing about 45° to the left of the screen - I play at my best when I'm like this

Going auto-pilot - Often leads to me being blind-sided by something, only really helps in Guitar Hero or 1v1 games like arcade fighters

Stashing items - I'm really bad with this, I've played the entirety of Skyrim (And other games) and not once used a potion

Door must be shut- I'll just get annoyed seeing my door open in the corner of my eye and not play well as result

Swearing - Usually when some complete BS happens like a glitch making me fail something

Overkill - This is mainly in RTS games, I won't attack directly until I have the most powerful army in my control, even if I have something like 4 bases and they have 1

Terrutas

I also tend to bite my inner lip when I'm really into a game or really focused. Then it becomes a huge lump and it's disgusting and eating kind of hurts. :<

I really hate it. But I can't stop :(

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
If I'm computer gaming, I have to have netflix running on the consoles while playing. Basically a background or white noise.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I talk too much - usually a running commentary which does nothing more than prove how twitchy and nervous I am (and an idiot)

I have zero awareness of anything or anyone IRL once a game is on. To my shame, I once left my kids waiting an extra hour for lunch because I was that immersed in Skyrim. Only when the youngest one bit me did I realise they'd been waiting...

Off the back of that, I am notorious for saying, "yeah, in a minute" and then taking hours to do whatever it is I just promised to sort out. It's a running joke in our house - I say "in a minute" or "hang on a sec" and everyone else just rolls their eyes and gets it done themselves. Then I get all stressy because I feel nagged :lol:

If I have a mic on, I breathe REALLY heavily. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten me into some sort of trouble by now...

I don't take breaks often enough and then wonder why I have a headache and a strong aversion to the outside world

Dark Drakan

Admin
I have zero awareness of anything or anyone IRL once a game is on. To my shame, I once left my kids waiting an extra hour for lunch because I was that immersed in Skyrim. Only when the youngest one bit me did I realise they'd been waiting...

Off the back of that, I am notorious for saying, "yeah, in a minute" and then taking hours to do whatever it is I just promised to sort out. It's a running joke in our house - I say "in a minute" or "hang on a sec" and everyone else just rolls their eyes and gets it done themselves. Then I get all stressy because I feel nagged :lol:

If I have a mic on, I breathe REALLY heavily. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten me into some sort of trouble by now...

I don't take breaks often enough and then wonder why I have a headache and a strong aversion to the outside world

Ironically I am guilty of all of those too, though I have learnt to move the mic away at an angle after my old one was always falling too close to my mouth ...

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Drinking tea while playing. The bad part is I don't stop playing. I'll pick up my cup in my left hand while trying to control my character with my chin and drink my tea the same time. I end up cursing most of the time from staining my clothes. I don't believe in pause buttons.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Cursing the character out after they have been knocked down/when they take too long to get up
Making concentrated faces against a tough enemy
Becoming agitated when people in the house ask me questions to do stuff/help them with something/come into my room just to clown around.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I tend to get aggravated when people talk to me or ask me questions. I also cures out the character when they die or don't do something right.

FrostFire

Nymph of Shadows
If i get really frustrated I'll yell at the game. When people are around i have to be careful about not swearing
If I'm playing my ds, i tend to chew on the end of the stylus for some reason

LeoXCV

Single life for life
If I'm playing my ds, i tend to chew on the end of the stylus for some reason
You've just reminded me I do that too ._. Though I don't chew it much, I just kinda pop it in there like a cigarette whilst it's not being used.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
i always play with the lights off
when i have to button mash i do this weird thing where i tense up the rest of the muscles in my arm
I'm notorious for narrating if the game doesnt have voice acting (usually in a multitude of voices)
If i'm playing the game for someone like say they want to watch but not play i pretend not to know what is going to happen

If I'm playing Sonic the hedgehog or Devil May Cry and I die I have to restart the whole level again, doesn't matter how far I am. I need a perfect run. S rank or bust.

Top Bottom