• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
As a normal member you only have a 100x100 avatar limit. I think that's right. Anyway, the very lever system shrinks down any image bigger than this limit down to the largest it can be. To get a larger avatar, you must "go gold" But even then, you only get 120x120. My avatar is the largest avatar that you can get on the site. Your avatar is the widest it can go, but it can be 25 pixels taller.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
It's not bigger. His is 100x100. Due to the ratio (3:4) of your avatar, yours is 75x100. Get an avatar with a ratio of 1:1 like mine or Black Angels and it will be the full 100x100 that you wish.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Kamen Rider Decade;173619 said:
i made my avatar 300x300 and uploa it and it automatclly resized to 100x100

That's because the clever system resizes all images so that they fit in the 100 pixel boundaries, without changing the ratio

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Every picture has a ratio. For every one pixel wide, it is so many pixels tall. The forum keeps this ratio, and makes the new avatar as big as it can be. That is why your 300x300 is shrunk to 100x100. Because the ratio is 1:1, for every 1 wide, it's 1 tall. Slayers is for every 1 pixel tall, it's 0.75 pixels wide. Meaning that the image is resized, by the forum, to be 75 pixels wide by 100 pixels tall.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Either, get a new avatar, or re-size it so that it becomes a square. I think that it looks better as it is, and if he would like a full size avatar, to get a new one. However the choice is up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom