• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are The Twins Really Part Human?...

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Well the most interesting question is...

Are the Angels really generic ? or is it some twisted fantasy of ninja theory ??

Have you not seen the pic of Dante and the angels?...

Well that's cool, i understand unlike me you have a life :)

Cosplaying for me more like, I wouldn't call it a life, just a passion...
And making Dante a half and half does put a twist on DmC I guess...

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Have you not seen the pic of Dante and the angels?...

Cosplaying for me more like, I wouldn't call it a life, just a passion...
And making Dante a half and half does put a twist on DmC I guess...
It's ok from my point of view.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well, yes and no, I haven't been able to keep up with all the info e3 released due to other curricular activities...

This is all pretty old news.

That's just kamiya Trolling Crapcom nothing to be taken seriously ;) the whole game is actually a BIG troll session held by kamiya

Kamiya deserved to troll CAPCOM or as you put it Crapcom for trolling him and making DMC2 behind his back.

Kamiya: "Problem, Crap-- I mean Capcom?":troll:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I am getting a strange feeling that new Dante's past is unlikely to be revealed in this game especially about his parents

yeah witches are just human but they're extra skilled however if eva was a witch she wouldn't
have died like kyrie -_-' saving a boy she would've at least put up a decent fight against the lesser demon
IF bayonetta can take dante's level bosses then eva should've been attacking the demon not shielding and crying

That's just kamiya Trolling Crapcom nothing to be taken seriously ;) the whole game is actually a BIG troll session held by kamiya

to be fair, we dont know how she died or who she fought, we just know that she did die.

plus not all witches are Bayonetta otherwise she wouldnt have been the last one.

on topic-
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/08/why-dmc-devil-may-crys-dante-is-part-angel/

this is the rather weak reasoning Tameem gave for the change.

McdD

to be fair, we dont know how she died or who she fought, we just know that she did die.

plus not all witches are Bayonetta otherwise she wouldnt have been the last one.

on topic-
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/08/why-dmc-devil-may-crys-dante-is-part-angel/

Yes, i find that very weak. "He´s part angel because that makes him special", why not make him a god while your at it :p?

That would make him ALOT more special, though i bet the angel part is tied very well to the story.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

on topic-

IMHO it would be nice if he's a cyborg that would make him 100X more special then being an "Angel"

I'm not saying that Eva was bayonetta's level she should've atleast shown some sort of promise as being a witch as going with the canon game the impression we get is that she was weak and frail human not mysterious and strong like sparda

Every character only referred her as "Weak Human woman" from jester to mundus that's all I've heard

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

personally i dont get why he has too be half angel due to eva being an angel....i mean they could have just included an angel boss and when we def. it we gain angel powers....that would make much sence...:) but have they even said that eva is an angel??:/

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
personally i dont get why he has too be half angel due to eva being an angel....i mean they could have just included an angel boss and when we def. it we gain angel powers....that would make much sence...:) but have they even said that eva is an angel??:/

But then there would have to be an explaination on how he got Angel powers. And yeah, Eva's confirmed to be an angel.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

But then there would have to be an explaination on how he got Angel powers
as i said an angel boss would do the trick so when we def. him we get angel powers instead of a devilarm...:) and can u plz give me a link to where they said it :) thx

McdD

as i said an angel boss would do the trick so when we def. him we get angel powers instead of a devilarm...:) and can u plz give me a link to where they said it :) thx
DmC Dante being half angel, and Eva being an angel is because of story and not gameplay.

McdD

i know that bro but it would have made much sense....and can be related to DMC and not so far from it u know :)
If they decided to do a reboot then it's best to let them do what they want. If you want things to "draw" closer to DMC serie so that it becomes identical then it's better off asking for a DMC 1 remake.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

If they decided to do a reboot then it's best to let them do what they want. If you want things to "draw" closer to DMC serie so that it becomes identical then it's better off asking for a DMC 1 remake.
bro im just throwing out ideas :) i dont want it identical to anything its gr8 the way it is :) and im sure there will be an explanation for it in the game :)

McdD

Do you have proof of this? because many places have said Dante is half angel, half demon. Simple as that.
Donte is just trolling you. Don't take his comments to seriously. He's a nice guy but i am not sure if he's trolling or if his way of seeing things is different than ours.

Example:
Bob from DmC media is a propaganda spokesman.
He says DmC Dante is a terrorist and sexual deviant.

IS he? No.

Donte said in a post that Dante is a terrorist :p

No hard feelings Donte :)

DmC Dante is half angel.
His mother is an angel.

DevilsAdvocate1234

This whole angel thing is ridiculous, but yes he is half demon/half angel in Ninja Theory's reboot.
Just check that out:
vvvvvvvvvvvv

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/16/dmc-devil-may-cry-dante-is-half-devil-and-half-angel/

I'm gonna say my favorite comment was this:

"You know, normally I'm Mr. Positive when it comes to a directional change for a franchise. But I'll be honest, a turd is a turd. And this, well, definitely came from a butt :) After reading the above article I'm frankly at a loss on how to say that poetically."

Followed swiftly by:

"When will the heartbreak end.."

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well the most interesting question is...

Are the Angels really generic ? or is it some twisted fantasy of ninja theory ??

This is just throwing it out there, but... because it's been CAPCOM's/NT's goal all along to appeal to Westerners (specifically those who've never played the franchise before) then maybe they put angels in because your average non-fan Westerner might find it strange that there are demons in the DMCverse, but no angels. I never found it weird personally but, people would probably find the conventional/religious angels vs demons idea vaguely more normal or acceptable than "once there were a bunch of demons who controlled the human race, then one day one of the demons kicked the demon King's ass and ruled over the human race himself" kinda thing. Not in a massive way, I suppose, but they might think it would make all the difference to enticing people to the series.

I don't like the idea of changing things just attract people who 'probably wouldn't go for' that sort of series in the first place, either. To me, that is called selling out.

Top Bottom