• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are The Twins Really Part Human?...

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
People are now saying Eva is an Angel, and obviously we know Sparda is a Demon, so does this mean the twins aren't part human at all or what?...

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I thought it was only mentioned (or assumed) that Eva is an angel in the new DmC. In the old DMC series Eva was human. They're half human, half demon in DMC 1-4
Dante is half angel, half demon in DmC. (I think I'm a bit behind. Haven't heard Vergil being confirmed as a chacter or is he's his brother yet so I won;t mention him...)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I like to think DmC is it's own thing in an AU, unfortunately I suppose whatever they come up with for it will popularly override everything established about the twins previously, that yes, they are part human, part demon only. -__-

This half-angel stuff doesn't seem to fit the series, if you ask me.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
but are witches a different race from a regular human?
No, but saying they are a witch says that they are different from normal humans. That they have supernatural power.

Like if you play a RPG game you don't call a human wizard for "human" :p u call em Wizard/magician and it tells what kind of human it is.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I thought that Eva was 'just' human in the series 1-4. The idea she is a witch - from a Bayonetta reference... can we consider that canon or just a joke or nod, because that game is about witches.

Otherwise, yea, DmC's 'rebooted universe' would mean she was an actual angel, not human at all?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I am getting a strange feeling that new Dante's past is unlikely to be revealed in this game especially about his parents

yeah witches are just human but they're extra skilled however if eva was a witch she wouldn't
have died like kyrie -_-' saving a boy she would've at least put up a decent fight against the lesser demon
IF bayonetta can take dante's level bosses then eva should've been attacking the demon not shielding and crying

If anything the twins are half witch half demon because it seems Eva was a witch.
In the description for theBracelet of TimeinBayonetta, Eva is described as a historical witch who entered into contract with a legendary dark knight".

That's just kamiya Trolling Crapcom nothing to be taken seriously ;) the whole game is actually a BIG troll session held by kamiya

McdD

So in some way, Eva is an Angel, or witch, but not in the original series, only DmC?...
Eva in original series seems to be more than a normal human,a witch, according to Bayonetta's reference.

In DmC Eva is currently an angel.
This isdifferent to DMC serie where she is a human.

quote="Lexy, post: 357766, member: 15082"]I thought that Eva was 'just' human in the series 1-4. The idea she is a witch - from a Bayonetta reference... can we consider that canon or just a joke or nod, because that game is about witches.

Otherwise, yea, DmC's 'rebooted universe' would mean she was an actual angel, not human at all?[/quote]
Considering DMC story went off a cliff after Hideki left the team i would consider the Bayonetta reference as canon.
In DmC Eva is an angel, so it won\t make Eva in DMC an angel. But in DmC only she is an angel.

McdD

Ok, but why make her an Angel in the reboot all of a sudden?...
Wouldn't that be like making Kyrie a demon or something?...
I don't know why Ninja theory have decided to make her an angel, but they have brought angels into DmC's story. And it explains also why Dante is half angel/half demon.

Top Bottom