• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arbiter - Demon Soul?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Or C: Let's get this thread back on topic before a mod locks it and gives us all warnings

Anyway, I think we should STOP making theories, if Ninja Theory's greatest power is story telling, then I wouldn't want some master theory maker to ruin the big, OMFG GIANT F*CKING PLOT TWIST moment that will awe and amaze me, then again it did require a fan theory to fix every plothole in the SAW series, and create that plot twist moment. Really, the SAW team saw the fan theory and made it canon because they were that bad at fixing plot holes.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Or C: Let's get this thread back on topic before a mod locks it and gives us all warnings

Anyway, I think we should STOP making theories, if Ninja Theory's greatest power is story telling, then I wouldn't want some master theory maker to ruin the big, OMFG GIANT F*CKING PLOT TWIST moment that will awe and amaze me, then again it did require a fan theory to fix every plothole in the SAW series, and create that plot twist moment. Really, the SAW team saw the fan theory and made it canon because they were that bad at fixing plot holes.

Fair point, ill stop spewing random things so i dont potentially ruin the story i mean nothing is worse than a spoiler.....SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!!!!

ZeroLove

Making theories and sharing ideas make good topics for discussion which is important for a good forum to run.
I would rather we keep making theories, not only to get something to discuss, but also to get our creative juices going and it is also a good way to pass the time as we wait for the game's release.

mrrandomlulz

Fair point, ill stop spewing random things so i dont potentially ruin the story i mean nothing is worse than a spoiler.....SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!!!!
Darth Vader is Lukes father
Making theories and sharing ideas make good topics for discussion which is important for a good forum to run.
I would rather we keep making theories, not only to get something to discuss, but also to get our creative juices going and it is also a good way to pass the time as we wait for the game's release.
Yes also, its a great way to spoil the game for yourself, I don't try to piece the puzzle together too soon. Have you noticed Ninja theory trying to AVOID leaking information.

ZeroLove

Darth Vader is Lukes father Yes also, its a great way to spoil the game for yourself, I don't try to piece the puzzle together too soon. Have you noticed Ninja theory trying to AVOID leaking information.

If you do not wish to be spoiled, being on a forum where news of a game is thrown in with the batch as soon as they are discovered by a user might be bad idea.

mrrandomlulz

If you do not wish to be spoiled, being on a forum where news of a game is thrown in with the batch as soon as they are discovered by a user might be bad idea.
I like keeping up to date with gameplay, plus giving the pieces is not a bad thing, but piecing it together is

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I like piecing it together and I don't consider it a bad thing. So I don't agree with you on that.

there is a fundamental difference between being creative with the story and just plain working it out. i understand that its fun to be creative and think of "what if"s and "maybe"s but you have to think how far do you go. its one thing to say "i think Dantes DT is an angel trigger too" and another to give a list of 50 different scenarios on an aspect of the game. because statistically
one is probably right or close to being right. which can ruin an entire game. trust me on this. when AC revs came out my friends and i came uo with 100 something different endings. one was pretty much dead on, i recognised it and the dramatic reveal was ABSOLUTELY RUINED. so please were not asking you to not be creative just dont go over board with it ok?

ZeroLove

there is a fundamental difference between being creative with the story and just plain working it out. i understand that its fun to be creative and think of "what if"s and "maybe"s but you have to think how far do you go. its one thing to say "i think Dantes DT is an angel trigger too" and another to give a list of 50 different scenarios on an aspect of the game. because statistically
one is probably right or close to being right. which can ruin an entire game. trust me on this. when AC revs came out my friends and i came uo with 100 something different endings. one was pretty much dead on, i recognised it and the dramatic reveal was ABSOLUTELY RUINED. so please were not asking you to not be creative just dont go over board with it ok?

I don't feel like that at all. I would feel it a personal victory if I was able to guess the ending of a movie (by AC you mean Advent Children?). You can't ask people NOT to make up theories, because they have all rights to do so. If you don't like that, then maybe the forum life isn't for you.

Personally, I like to keep with the facts. But to use those facts to make a theory to explain something, like a plothole, is fun and interesting to do, as you recognize it as a theory and a theory only. Looking at Arbiter's smoke aura and making a theory of a demon soul being caught in that weapon is just a theory until a fact has either proved or disproven said theory. Theories aren't spoilers and you cannot stop people from making them.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Can't stop laughing at this thread lol
The first time i have seen that demon soul,i thought it's nero's DT only in red or maybe original dante himself :troll:
Edit: and mehhh sucks to be the only who is a kid here.

ZeroLove

The first time i have seen that demon soul,i thought it's nero's DT only in red or maybe original dante himself :troll:

You'll grow out of it. ;P

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't hope they will "fix" it, because I don't think it is broken. I am tired of all male game characters being flat like Ken dolls while all the female characters flash their huge boobs and @sses all over the place. I want my male characters to pack some meat!

So didn't need to hear that after going to a family reunion...
images

Nelo_Vergil

your not the only kid bro im 16

Top Bottom