• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any particular reason for no DmCDE on PC?

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
DmC sold fairly well on Steam, got overwhelmingly positive reviews (98%, IIRC), and has a dedicate modding community. IIRC, some of the custom PC mods are in the DE.

So, why is it a current-gen console exclusive? What's the beef?

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
#sadface

The standard edition was awesome, I wouldn't mind paying for the game twice just for that lock-on mechanic.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
#sadface

The standard edition was awesome, I wouldn't mind paying for the game twice just for that lock-on mechanic.

Well I wouldn't know about that. If it was 40 bucks even on PC, eh I don't think it's worth it IF I already played the vanilla version (which I did).

Obviously for someone who never played DmC, it's a great deal.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Maybe they just wanted the console editions to be more similar to the PC version. I mean, I played DmC on PC for hundreds of hours before playing it on PS4. Not much of a difference. But I can't stand playing the PS3 version anymore, lol.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I think it has to do with money. Capcom had to put more into DMC4: SE compared to DmC: DE with the game itself, the book art copies, the CDs, the Pizza box thing, the steam salings, etc. With DmC: DE, there was just the game on PS3/Xbox one.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
piracy perhaps, capcom needed every cent so maybe they wanna make sure the game sell on consoles to certain period, thinking they maxed the sale..

but until capcom confirm there won't be any pc release, i'll still keep my hopes up..

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
The PC Versions often come well after the console versions. DMC3's PC Port came out in 2006, roughly a year after the original game's release, and DMC4 was ported to the PC six months after its console release.

They might do the same thing with DmC: DE, or they might not. I find it a dubious prospect, considering the PC version of DMC4: SE is being released directly next to its console version's launch window.

Top Bottom