• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any hope bringing back old DMC?

Redgrave Kyo

Unusual sight
Apparently Capcom stuff is done as I speak, they updated RE7's demo and other stuff, but no Devil May Cry, obviously. Well, goodbye.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Btw, just noticed this and I'm surprised it didn't generate the usual amount of baseless hype for DMC5.

2jcekp3.png

Maybe years of disappointment really have taught fans to wisen up a bit.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Maybe years of disappointment really have taught fans to wisen up a bit.
"Peter and the wolf" syndrome: when it comes to be the true thing, nobody pays attention.

Now, if this is what I think it is, I wonder if he will just mocap some other character or the certain gentleman in blue.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Now, if this is what I think it is, I wonder if he will just mocap some other character or the certain gentleman in blue.

I don't care. I'm not going to make assumptions. Assumptions are the mother of all ****ups. I was just commenting on how posts like that from the actors have always been interpreted as signs of DMC5 being in the works whereas right now it seems nobody even cares, highlighting how Capcom has messed us up. In that comment section there's like, just a couple of people going "Devil May Cry 5?".

Gel

Premium
I don't care. I'm not going to make assumptions. Assumptions are the mother of all ****ups. I was just commenting on how posts like that from the actors have always been interpreted as signs of DMC5 being in the works whereas right now it seems nobody even cares, highlighting how Capcom has messed us up. In that comment section there's like, just a couple of people going "Devil May Cry 5?".
Hmm, I was entertaining myself, instead of saying" Oh, there we will go again"!
Maybe the " prophecy" will become true: Capcom let us down so many times and we are so spent of this all, in the end of the day DMC5 will not have any kind of impact and the series dies for good. A " OMG, a new game?" is now just " Oh, really?Good for you..."
Anyway it seems everybody is still waiting for a DMC4: ( insert you choice) version.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hmm, I was entertaining myself, instead of saying" Oh, there we will go again"!

I know I know. But even that can be dangerous. It can be.

in the end of the day DMC5 will not have any kind of impact and the series dies for good. A " OMG, a new game?" is now just " Oh, really?Good for you..."

I think we both know that wouldn't be the case and fans would indeed go nuts did actual official news, maybe a trailer about DMC5 come out.

Gel

Premium
I know I know. But even that can be dangerous. It can be.
But danger is the spice of life!In small doses I mean.But I won't lie if I say how much I would love to see the actual Vergil doing that "Phantom souls" kind of trailer.:inlove:

I think we both know that wouldn't be the case and fans would indeed go nuts did actual official news, maybe a trailer about DMC5 come ou
Maybe...Only time will tell, but now everybody is thinking "Oh, it's just another Pachinko thing"or "DMC4 something".A way of keeping their expectations in check.
Hmm, let us see if Mr Dan will entertain a little longer since he is a rich source of information.

David Ryatta

I think most people were expecting a DMC5 reveal at TGS but I think they will probably hold off now till next year.. probably E3 unless there's another event happening between now and then I've forgotten about.

Gel

Premium
Forgive me if I'm wrong since I don't know nothing about game's world, but wasn't a rumor saying it would be reveal at PSX, which apparently happens in December or something?

Redgrave Kyo

Unusual sight
Well, since it's often another project than DMC (or at least a non-pachinko game), I'll pass on this one. For me, this year was the perfect time to announce it. So, to the question "any hope", I finally answer "not anymore". Probably even quitting the DMC scene once I'm done with my video. (Too much games goin' on anyway)

Viper

Premium
Forgive me if I'm wrong since I don't know nothing about game's world, but wasn't a rumor saying it would be reveal at PSX, which apparently happens in December or something?
Yes, two PSX events were held so far, both in December, and Capcom was present on both. Although that's not guarantee for anything.

Oh please let it be DMC5, I want a really good birthday/Christmas present. *keeps fingers crossed*

Gel

Premium
Yes, two PSX events were held so far, both in December, and Capcom was present on both. Although that's not guarantee for anything.

Oh please let it be DMC5, I want a really good birthday/Christmas present. *keeps fingers crossed*
Even so!Isn't in October 1st the 15th aniversary 0f DMC1's released in West?Wasn't DMC4SE announced very casually in DmC definitive edition? DMC5 can be announced at any day, at any time.
Maybe Dan's work isn't related to DMC, but I won't lose my sleep over it.Everything will be just fine!

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Even so!Isn't in October 1st the 15th aniversary 0f DMC1's released in West?Wasn't DMC4SE announced very casually in DmC definitive edition? DMC5 can be announced at any day, at any time.
Maybe Dan's work isn't related to DMC, but I won't lose my sleep over it.Everything will be just fine!
I like your optimism, I just don't know how realistic it is at this point. Never say never I guess.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I haven't heard the fat lady sing yet.
Give it till the end of the year, at least, before pointing at Grim Reaper.
I'll do one more than that, I'll actually hold out one last small thread of hope for the next E3, but if it's not there, I'm done.

Top Bottom