• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any Disappointment?

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
OK well excuse me but i have not been on this forum for a very very long time so i don't know if you guys have been over this if so sorry.

Anyway i just got DMC 4 Collector's edition last tuesday which would be a week from tommorrow, anyways i've beaten Human, Devil-Hunter, Son Of Sparda and Heaven or Hell i'm Still on Dante Must Die and i was wondering is there anything good to expect because i nearly beat all the modes and i was really really disappointed at what the extras are, I was really expecting more from this game really and wanted something a little more than some pictures,
Don't get me wrong the Game itself is soooooooo Badass and playing Dante is the coolest so were the cutscences but the Extra's really disappointing so were some of the parts in the game especially when you have to get the Evil Legacy or the other items again and again and again it really gets annoying
NOW I"M NOT TRYING TO SAY DMC4 IS A BAD GAME ANYONE WHO DOES SUCKS REALLY REALLY BAD all i'm saying is that it has it's faults and dissappointments
Also the collectors edition doesn't really give you all that much the extra DVD it comes with isn't very long which again is disapponting the only thing good about the Collector's Edition Besides tha Game is probably The Anime.......

SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I SOUND LIKE I"M BEING MEAN SAYING IT SUCKS I"M REALLY NOT ALL I"M SAYING IS THAT THERE IS SOME FAULTS AND SOME BIG DISAPPOINTMENTS SO yeah

thank you for listening i had get it off my chest.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
chob101;71483 said:
OK well excuse me but i have not been on this forum for a very very long time so i don't know if you guys have been over this if so sorry.

Anyway i just got DMC 4 Collector's edition last tuesday which would be a week from tommorrow, anyways i've beaten Human, Devil-Hunter, Son Of Sparda and Heaven or Hell i'm Still on Dante Must Die and i was wondering is there anything good to expect because i nearly beat all the modes and i was really really disappointed at what the extras are, I was really expecting more from this game really and wanted something a little more than some pictures,
Don't get me wrong the Game itself is soooooooo Badass and playing Dante is the coolest so were the cutscences but the Extra's really disappointing so were some of the parts in the game especially when you have to get the Evil Legacy or the other items again and again and again it really gets annoying
NOW I"M NOT TRYING TO SAY DMC4 IS A BAD GAME ANYONE WHO DOES SUCKS REALLY REALLY BAD all i'm saying is that it has it's faults and dissappointments
Also the collectors edition doesn't really give you all that much the extra DVD it comes with isn't very long which again is disapponting the only thing good about the Collector's Edition Besides tha Game is probably The Anime.......

SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I SOUND LIKE I"M BEING MEAN SAYING IT SUCKS I"M REALLY NOT ALL I"M SAYING IS THAT THERE IS SOME FAULTS AND SOME BIG DISAPPOINTMENTS SO yeah

#1: Chill, this is a stable forum, no one is gonna knock you even if you don't like the game. ;)

#2: Just because someone doesn't like the game doesn't mean they suck.

#3: Every game has faults, it's no biggie, the game was full of dissapointments. And so was to collector's edition. :p

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
well,i must say that this game does not live to my expectation...the missions for Dante is too little...only 7 mission...:( however,this game does improve the storyline,more characters,cool new character which is Nero,and three hot girls...:kiss:

FuumaMonou

chob101;71483 said:

Yeah. I have to think that the game was disappointing. Granted, if you are trying to compare it's extras to something like DMC3 - SE, then obviously you are going to be disappointed, because that game was made only for the extras.

Mainly, I think the story was a complete waste. It brings in some new elements, but it over all covered mostly nothing and was way too damn cliche (there is a little bit before this, but the girl is captured, you go to save her, you get captured, someone frees you, you save her). It just wasn't very deep at all.

Of course this is going to set up a future game, but there could of been more to the story and still set up the next game.

Also, I dislike how Nero has only one of each weapon. Now, while his play can get fairly deep with Bustering (all the different timings and situations) and the insta-rev ability, it is generally kind of boring and dry over time.

Hmm... I don't know. I think everyone had their expectations extremely high. I see all these people who are new to the game absolutely love it, while the vets just wish there was more.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
FuumaMonou;71562 said:
Yeah. I have to think that the game was disappointing. Granted, if you are trying to compare it's extras to something like DMC3 - SE, then obviously you are going to be disappointed, because that game was made only for the extras.

Mainly, I think the story was a complete waste. It brings in some new elements, but it over all covered mostly nothing and was way too damn cliche (there is a little bit before this, but the girl is captured, you go to save her, you get captured, someone frees you, you save her). It just wasn't very deep at all.

Of course this is going to set up a future game, but there could of been more to the story and still set up the next game.

Also, I dislike how Nero has only one of each weapon. Now, while his play can get fairly deep with Bustering (all the different timings and situations) and the insta-rev ability, it is generally kind of boring and dry over time.

Hmm... I don't know. I think everyone had their expectations extremely high. I see all these people who are new to the game absolutely love it, while the vets just wish there was more.

of course.DMC 4 is to bring a new taste for beginners,that's why they leave Dante out of the spotlight and brings out Nero.:)

however,yeah his moves are kind of boring when used too much.However,eventhough he has one weapon each,Red Queen,Blue Rose,Yamato,don;t forget that he has the Devil Bringer to compensate his lack of weapons.that arm of his generally overpower most enemies,i think...:unsure:

FuumaMonou

Chaos Master;71569 said:
of course.DMC 4 is to bring a new taste for beginners,that's why they leave Dante out of the spotlight and brings out Nero.:)

however,yeah his moves are kind of boring when used too much.However,eventhough he has one weapon each,Red Queen,Blue Rose,Yamato,don;t forget that he has the Devil Bringer to compensate his lack of weapons.that arm of his generally overpower most enemies,i think...:unsure:

Yeah, but still could have different weapons in that mix me thinks.

Could of added another weapon with an Exceed system, or just make it generally more powerful with diverse moves, but obviously not as powerful as Dante.

Also, a different gun couldn't of hurt much. I mean, they diversify Dante's weapons throughout the games very well, it couldn't of been that hard for Nero.

Sacred Knight

I liked Nero Dante was getting kind of Old and its nice haveing a persective of the events that we can relate to

Besides Nero is even more badass then Dante in my opinion simpily because we know Dante so well, we know next to nothing about Nero and capcom did a good job in keeping it that way to keep him interesting and the sequels selling

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
One of the things that disappointed me are these 3:
1) Styles had more levels but fewer attacks
2) Yamato wasn't a Devil Arm, but some style moves
3) No Devil Trigger Explosion

They seriously made Dante less fun, just to show off Nero.

Keaton

Premium
Let me dissect this makes it easier to reply... :)

Tony_Redgrave;71662 said:
One of the things that disappointed me are these 3:
1) Styles had more levels but fewer attacks
True, but when did you actually 'throw rebellion' for example. Capcom kept all the nessacary ones and trimmed out some excess ones, shame but still playable.

2) Yamato wasn't a Devil Arm, but some style moves

This did suck a little. But when you upgrade Yamoto you get to combine the two for your DT =p. Besides Nero doesnt actually know how to weald Yamoto unlike Virgil so he would suck using it. Nero, alike Dante, is used to using the two handed sword style and although Dante is competant using Yamoto he is nothing like Virgil who had mastered it.

3) No Devil Trigger Explosion

No DT explosion on DANTE. When Nero uses DT he deals decent damage to local enemies, although not as powerful as in 3, it means he doesnt sacrifice DT time overall.

They seriously made Dante less fun, just to show off Nero.

You think instant style chance (between 5 styles) and weapon/gun change (between 3 of each) is less fun? It makes him a heck of a lot more potent than in DMC3. Also, the story is about Nero and concerns Dante, thats why Dante has taken a semi-back seat here but that doesnt mean he is any less the hero he was.

Sure, it couldve been better with aforementioned changes, but DMC4 is a great game and it would be nice with a few extras, but that still doesnt change the fact that is is awesome.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Good, good I am in a mood for some fine argument^^

True, but when did you actually use the Rebellion throw? For example, it kept all the nessacary ones and trimmed out some excess ones, shame but still playable.

Actually, I did throw the sword a lot:lol:
I am annoyed because, every level has a new move but some new ones are not as good as the old ones. For example the Dash in DMC3 is way better. In DMC4 instead of triple Dash we got that silly move that when you are hit by the enemy you can easily stand up. Not that it isn't useful, but still no match for triple Dash.

This did suck a little, but when you upgrade Yamoto you get to combine the two for your DT and besides Nero doesnt actually know how to weald Yamoto alike Virgil so he would suck using it, he, alike Dante, is used to the two handed sword style and although Dante is competant with Yamoto he is nothing like Virgil who had mastered it.

Ah, sorry I only meant Dante's Yamato moves but since you brought it up, while not discuss Nero while at it.
Nero has some pretty cool Yamato moves when in Devil Trigger, I have no problem with his Devil Trigger being the own way to use Yamato, but some of them take time and are not so effective, although really powerful.
As for Dante. You seriously do think that Dante needs to master Yamato? To me, it seems that whoever of the twins takes whichever Devil Arm they are of the same proficience while having some different moves that suit them more individually.
Instead in the game Dante has 3 attacks with Yamato. And the 4th one is another extra judgment cut. Seriously why bother adding another move which almost the same as one already used and not give Dante that "Stinger" kind of move that Vergil used with Yamato or something..

No DT explosion on DANTE. When Nero uses Dt he deals decent damage to local enemies, although not as powerful as in 3, it means he doesnt sacrifice DT time overall.

No, no Devil Trigger Explosion in general. Nero just does some kind of uppercut when he transforms. And in certain cases it can be a disadvantage since with Dante you could unleash your Devil Trigger while running, attacking, jumping, etc. Nero immediately stops to deliver that blow, which I agree is fairly powerful.
Dante on the other hand just lost what he already had in a previous game.

You think instant style chance (between 5 styles) and weapon/gun change (between 3 of each) is less fun? It makes him a heck of a lot more potent than in DMC3. Also, the story is about Nero and concerns Dante, thats why Dante has taken a semi-back seat here but that doesnt mean he is any less the hero he was.

I definitely agree, but still taking away some of the things he already had in the old game was kinda annoying. However, you're right, all styles together and more weapons at the same time make him some kind of tank:lol:

Keaton

Premium
Tony_Redgrave;71668 said:
Good, good I am in a mood for some fine argument^^

A friendly one I hope =p

Actually, I did throw the sword a lot:lol:
I am annoyed because, every level has a new move but some new ones are not as good as the old ones. For example the Dash in DMC3 is way better. In DMC4 instead of triple Dash we got that silly move that when you are hit by the enemy you can easily stand up. Not that it isn't useful, but still no match for triple Dash.

I agree, Trickster has sadly been reduced and the spin that Dante did on Rebellion is missed, but the knock up and homerun finisher is awesome =p

Ah, sorry I only meant Dante's Yamato moves but since you brought it up, while not discuss Nero while at it.

Why not :)

Nero has some pretty cool Yamato moves when in Devil Trigger, I have no problem with his Devil Trigger being the own way to use Yamato, but some of them take time and are not so effective, although really powerful.

I agree and disagree, Nero is a slow character compared to Dante when in DT, however IMO Neros DT should be used when speed isnt needed. Nero uses his Exceed to ground and enemy or Snatch to get close and THEN DT at point blank range, this allows his to stun the enemies (as mentioned further down) and make them aerial, giving him time to initiate his 'powerhouse' attacks :D

As for Dante. You seriously do think that Dante needs to master Yamato? To me, it seems that whoever of the twins takes whichever Devil Arm they are of the same proficience while having some different moves that suit them more individually.

Dante and Virgil are both equally skilled, but its noticable by Dantes Dark Slayer (as you yourself mentioned) that Dante doesnt have the moves (or enough of them) to pull it off.

Remember in DMC3, and Virgil had Force Edge, you NEVER saw Thousand Slash, Stinger or Helm Breaker. I feel that both brothers are capable of using each others weapon but they are not masters of them.

Same for Nero, I doubt Nero has ever used an Oriental blade and so as sad as it is that Nero can't use Yamoto alone, it is only with 'the spirit of Virgil' (DT) that he can put it to use.

Instead in the game Dante has 3 attacks with Yamato. And the 4th one is another extra judgment cut. Seriously why bother adding another move which almost the same as one already used and not give Dante that "Stinger" kind of move that Vergil used with Yamato or something..

I agree, but feel that this is a representation that Dante cant wield Yamoto as well as Virgil did. After all if this was the case he would be able to use the awesome aerial cuts and his Dark Slayer form would permit partial teleportation...(or perhaps that is linked to Virgil going to the dark side?)

No, no Devil Trigger Explosion in general. Nero just does some kind of uppercut when he transforms. And in certain cases it can be a disadvantage since with Dante you could unleash your Devil Trigger while running, attacking, jumping, etc. Nero immediately stops to deliver that blow, which I agree is fairly powerful.

No. There is an explosion, however when Nero poses with his arm up it kinda channels the energy upwards. Same as you said but a pose IMO rather than uppercut.

It would be nice if Nero could DT while moving, especially since it would make executing DT Busters a heck of a lot easier. BUT since Nero is more fragile than Dante, the added stunning of local enemies works well if Nero gets swarmed (which is lethal to him since he lacks the power to get out quick alone).

Dante on the other hand just lost what he already had in a previous game.

True, and the option to charge the DT-plosion would be nice but I think with the multi-style/weapon made it too intensive, not sure BUT tbh Dante does work atm, executing DT as you said during an attack can be DEVASTATING especially without the knock back.

I definitely agree, but still taking away some of the things he already had in the old game was kinda annoying. However, you're right, all styles together and more weapons at the same time make him some kind of tank:lol:

Yup, Dante is a Tank now with more move combinations than Pandora's Box :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I agree more or less with everything except this:p

Remember in DMC3, and Virgil had Force Edge, you NEVER saw Thousand Slash, Stinger or Helm Breaker. I feel that both brothers are capable of using each others weapon but they are not masters of them.

Vergil, DID have Stinger and Helm Breaker. He also had that trademark move of Dante's which moves the enemy towards the air. He also had the sword boomerang thingy that Dante uses in DMC1/DMC4. It's true that he did not have Million Stab and some other things, but it's normal gameplay wise since they only needed to apply some moves for one stage, and after that for Vergil as an "extra" in SE, meaning he did not have what he would if he were normally playable throughout the game.

I'm sure that Dante can fully use the Yamato as well. They just did not let him do it in the game. If he gained Yamato as a weapon instead of a "style", meaning being able to use Yamato with the 4 usual styles, it would be more understandable and logical for me at least:p

What I'm not sure about are the styles. I would agree with you that as Vergil can't use Trickster, Dante can't use Darkslayer etc.;)

Keaton

Premium
Tony_Redgrave;71683 said:
I agree more or less with everything except this:p

Vergil, DID have Stinger and Helm Breaker. He also had that trademark move of Dante's which moves the enemy towards the air. He also had the sword boomerang thingy that Dante uses in DMC1/DMC4. It's true that he did not have Million Stab and some other things, but it's normal gameplay wise since they only needed to apply some moves for one stage, and after that for Vergil as an "extra" in SE, meaning he did not have what he would if he were normally playable throughout the game.

I'm sure that Dante can fully use the Yamato as well. They just did not let him do it in the game. If he gained Yamato as a weapon instead of a "style", meaning being able to use Yamato with the 4 usual styles, it would be more understandable and logical for me at least:p

What I'm not sure about are the styles. I would agree with you that as Vergil can't use Trickster, Dante can't use Darkslayer etc.;)

Ah my bad! Its been a while since DMC3 =p

Thanks for the argument :D

I can see what you mean about Yamoto/Dark Slayer, it would be a nice addition to have it as a weapon rather than a style, especially since many things could be taken advantage of via Swordmaster, but I guess Yamoto although intresting, seems like a bit of a gimmic here which is a real shame.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Anyone ever really notice that When in DT Dante Doesn't Heal?

That really really sucks

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
You mean in Unlimited Devil Trigger?
That always happened with the Unlimited ones.
The only exceptions were Super Sparda and Super Nelo Angelo in Devil May Cry 3 which are kinda legendary.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
yeah.unlimited devil trigger with regeneration are the best which is Super Sparda and Super Nelo Angelo...:lol: ...I don;t mind Capcom shows off Nero,but the way they make Dante has less missions really angers me...:mad: At least in the new installment,Capcom makes both of them has equally missions,has their pros and cons.However,I want Dante to be much cooler than Nero.:p Also,Nero is a fresh face for new DMC fans to bring more fans,but they left out Dante a lot in DMC 4 which really saddens me...:(

SuperNero

I pretty much liked everuthing in devil may cry 4 apart from the fact that dante was sort of playing a small role he was like a backup plan.

and also by the time i had to use dante i was so used to nero's devil arm it was a bit harder for me for a bit so that was a bit annoying but im not disappointed with the graphics the graphics are pretty damn good

Top Bottom