• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I don't do meds any more. They were pointless. You've got to master yourself, unless you want to depend on them forever.

I had to try that valium though - genuine aerophobia or whatever it's called...

Meg

Lexy;216293 said:
I don't do meds any more. They were pointless. You've got to master yourself, unless you want to depend on them forever.

I had to try that valium though - genuine aerophobia or whatever it's called...

i understand. i feel like medicine for mental disorders is only helpful if its something like schizophrenia. anxiety and depression you're better of mastering yourself, like you said. medicine treats the symptoms, but not the cause. and if you don't treat the cause you'll never get any better.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
with anxiety&depression though, how do you treat the cause?
Life is full of stress. And what if you don't know whats causing your depression?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
My doc reffered me to a self help group - to talk to people in the same situation (depression, self hatred), and some of it started to make sense. I didn't go for long 'cuz I didn't like it and I just had to deal with it in my own way. I still get major lapses and when that happens I start obsessing over something to take my mind off things - for example - playing on DMC, then coming on here and talking about DMC. :D

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I find that I can talk 'til I'm blue in the face, but at the end of the day, my problems are still there and talking won't make them go away.
I have self-hatred problems too.

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
Wow, let me join the club, friends. I do have some anger problems lately, due to harsh period I go through... At times I get depressed, melancholic and saddened.... And, of course, I am misanthropic. Not always, but I have these waves of malice and hatred coming at me occasionally. However, I try to face it and live with my "dark side", using it for good and, ultimately, for balance within my lonely soul.

If you wish to talk more about it, I am at your side!

Meg

Vergil'sB*tch;216422 said:
I find that I can talk 'til I'm blue in the face, but at the end of the day, my problems are still there and talking won't make them go away.

*hugs* i'm not a doctor, but living and growing up are good medicines. also! there are books out there about helping people fight through their problems.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
meg: I must admit, growing up is something i was never keen on. I always seem to get depressed a week before my birthday.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
It's... hold on...

-anxiety, anxiousness ((psychiatry) a relatively permanent state of worry and nervousness occurring in a variety of mental disorders, usually accompanied by compulsive behavior or attacks of panic)
-anxiety (a vague unpleasant emotion that is experienced in anticipation of some (usually ill-defined) misfortune)

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
VB, don't be afraid to grow up, it is something we must face. Yes, in time we get older, however, the most important thing is to stay yourself, never get old mentally. Stay young in your soul, even when 80 !

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sB*tch;216422 said:

Well if you ever wanna talk about it, let me know. You were nice to me when I joined up, and I can return the favour. I've been through quite a bit and I've found some things that helped and some things that didn't; I can finally say that I've left my long-term depression behind, and now I'm just working on the anxiety. I'm sure I could give you some advice, but at the end of the day I know - as much as you - that you can rationalise and you can be logical, but it's difficult to control the emotional part of depression/anxiety which is the major cause. If you don't believe or feel the things you rationalise against anxiety or low self-esteem, telling yourself rational things doesn't help.

But I can tell you that meds and counselling never worked for me. They work well if you have 'reactive' depression - the type in response to something physical, a traumatic event, the death of someone close to you, something like that. But if you have 'clinical' or long-term depression, biopolarity or borderline personality disorder or general anxiety, they are not going to fix the problem. The problem lies in your POV and your habits. The real way to escape is to work towards changing those, and if your environment is depressing or upsetting you, to work towards getting away from it. That's the only way out.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Lerrion;216682 said:
VB, don't be afraid to grow up, it is something we must face. Yes, in time we get older, however, the most important thing is to stay yourself, never get old mentally. Stay young in your soul, even when 80 !

I second that. I'm not keen on growing up either.
Why do you think I hang around forums like this? I mean, c'mon! :lol:

Meg

Vergil'sB*tch;216638 said:
meg: I must admit, growing up is something i was never keen on. I always seem to get depressed a week before my birthday.

well it sounds like that's the source of your depression. stuff that bothers you, even if you don't think about it often or try to block stuff out can still effect you. i don't know how you'd have to go about doing this but, you have to face this and whatever else is bothering you. don't do it alone though. arm yourself with stuff that makes you happy.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
@Lexy: Thanks... I've never had the choice of so many ppl to talk to before :D

@clairavance: That's the same reason I'm here :lol:

@meg: I'm terrible at trying to block stuff out. And i bottle up my emotions. I think crying is a sign of weakness. I hate it.

I do think i know what the problem is... but, it's letting it go.

Meg

crying is healthy raw emotion. its good to cry. and its not a sigh of weakness, its a sign of being strong enough to show your feelings. don't bottle stuff up. i know letting go is hard, but its part of life. hmmm. have you talked to an expert about your problems?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Yeah, but they just aren't interested. The amount of counsellors I've seen is unbelievable. They just smile and nod... that's why i say i could talk until i'm blue in the face...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom