• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I've been diagnosed with anxiety before - not very nice - and I get depressed lots. I just get on with it now and deal with it when I have to.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Same here.
Anxiety & depression.
When i get severely depressed, it can take me as long as two weeks to overcome it.
Anxiety gives me panic attacks which makes my asthma and eczema worse.
And like Lexy, I'm a nervous wreck at times
Can't cope with stress either.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
:(

Oh when I'm anxious/stressed I get eczema in the worst place ever - on my eyelids! My eyes look like they are gonna implode - which makes me more stressed and the cycle goes on...!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I know what that's like...I've got it on my face, arms, back of my right knee, fingers and chest...

Infact I've got a huge brown circle of funny skin around my eyes from where they itch.
(If that makes any sense)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The dark knight;216023 said:
Who else here has anxiety, misanthrope, depression, and anger issues?

*raises hand*
I blame my anger issues on that fudging DMC4 game though. I mean...GAH DAMMIT JUST DIE SANCTUS!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....:mad:

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;216234 said:
:| I must really be the only one here who didn't have much trouble with Sanctus. Odd...

i didn't have problems either.

let's see, i have *inhales* panic disorder with agoraphobia *exhales* meaning i'm afraid of getting panic attacks. and that fear causes a panic attack. oh its tons of fun!

Meg

Vergil'sB*tch;216267 said:
oh, i have a fear of being sick... i get panic attacks if i'm gonna be sick...NICE

*high fives* yay partners in agoraphobia!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;216262 said:
i didn't have problems either.

let's see, i have *inhales* panic disorder with agoraphobia *exhales* meaning i'm afraid of getting panic attacks. and that fear causes a panic attack. oh its tons of fun!

Wow. If that's not the perfect example of the vicious cycle, I don't know what is.

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;216273 said:
Wow. If that's not the perfect example of the vicious cycle, I don't know what is.

yeah it sucks. i almost lost my job because of it. i've gotten better though. Note- better as in not horrible anymore, but still not good.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
My anxiety never manifests itself physically. I never panic, bite my nails, fail to speak or anything like that and nothing happens to my skin. I even look chilled out at the worst of times. The problem's inside, it's like slow burn. I don't even know what causes me to feel eternally physically insecure, but if I had to guess I'd say certain unpleasant experiences from my childhood, bless it.

Would you believe a lot of people come to me to talk about their anxiety, thinking I've got it all sussed. They don't know that I will jump three feet in the air at a loud noise, or if someone touches me unexpectedly... or that I'd rather be stuck in a lift than stuck in a crowd.

Meg

The grass is always greener on the other side i guess. i'd rather not show my anxiety, but is holding it in better? from what you said probably not. ugh.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well... if you don't show it easily, you can go to the doctor and explain the problem, hoping for something to take or some advice or whatever, and they'll not believe your condition is that serious. "You don't seem to have a major problem", being the usual response. Even counsellors are less relaxed than I am on the couch.

I guess it's just frustrating. Although I got valium once for a plane trip - it didn't even work on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom