• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

another "in next DMC" thread. what kinda music you want in next DMC

Viper

Premium
Went through my collection and it turns out only metal I know of are famous old farts Capcom could never afford. But here, the choice that is closest to series for your listening pleasure...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It depends on the game and what ambience Capcom are going for. Dmc3 was metal and loud, dmc4 was more club remix/choir and tame, DmC was again more on the heavier grunge type music. They all fit with their respective vibes.
So I'd say, as long as they dont play Frank Sinatra while Dante is in DT, whatever suits.
Yes I am totally ripping one on Bayonetta.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
please god not more dubstep. Do that and whatever else is fine with me, though I've still got a preference for rock. I've got a huge thing for hard rock beats (that's hard beats that happen to be rock, not hard rock) mixed with smooth vocals and/or orchestra. Music is a huge deal for me, so much so that my favorite boss fight of all time is vergil 2, just because of the soundtrack. It's got the hard/smooth blend, but it also blends the main theme songs of the two major characters together and it's the best thing I've ever heard.

On the other hand, there's only one fight soundtrack from DmC that's even vaguely memorable.

TL;DR DMC3 composer please come back, but next time please do more than just two songs for every regular enemy fight in the whole game

Kam

Or a homburg.
this is you, right?

"Don't lower yourself to his level by continuing to respond!"
"Just stop arguing about it!"

"Don't pursue this any more!"
"Do not answer him!"

Putting on a big show of preaching the high road. But less than 2 minutes after I post in a different board, in a different thread, one you previously had no involvement in at all, you show up to take shots at me. Put your money where your mouth is and screw off if you don't have anything to contribute. If you're still mad at me, take it out on me somewhere else, don't screw up this thread over your vendetta

edit - prettier formatting

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
screw off
The "screw off" part was unnecessary. And please, don't use the "dubstep is bad" argument anymore. It's been done.

By the way, correcting someone on labeling music doesn't count as "starting a fight". A valiant effort on trying to pin the blame on someone else, though. Don't stop believing.

Kam

The "screw off" part was unnecessary. And please, don't use the "dubstep is bad" argument anymore. It's been done.
I'll use whatever argument I like, the music didn't fit the game at all. It fit the character, sure, and dubstep isn't inherently a bad genre, but for a high intensity action game there are much better choices. This is the series where the main character once used an electric guitar as a weapon, literally rocking out to slay demons with lightning and bats, so rock seemed like an obvious choice

Top Bottom