• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anybody still call the reboot Dante "emo?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Hey self mutilation is self mutilation. Don't deny it.

One guy got hit and didn't mean to get hit. Checked out his wound to grab whatever went into him.

The other guy meant to get hit, meant to feel pain, and laughed at the pain.
At best, you could argue that dante is either incredibly pain resistant, or a masochist in a non-sexual way. Being driven to laughter and fun by pain is not emo. But hey, don't take my word for it, let's look at the sources you're bringing up!

One guy got hit and didn't mean to get hit. Checked out his wound to grab whatever went into him.
(The only thing in this entire statement that isn't completely made up is the word "wound". Nothing in the cutscene on either end of it depicts any of what you just described as happening)

The other guy meant to get hit, meant to feel pain, and laughed at the pain

There's a very important distinction here. One of these guys (intentionally? This is questionable) feels a lot of pain, then throws on some music and has a crazy pizza party. The other one whines like a little bitch about his hurt feelings, personal insecurities, and identity issues. That's because one of these two is emo. You're trying really hard to spin this, but even you don't have enough bullshit stored inside you to make it look the way you want it to look.

Edit* party

The Final Offer

At best, you could argue that dante is either incredibly pain resistant, or a masochist in a non-sexual way. Being driven to laughter and fun by pain is not emo. But hey, don't take my word for it, let's look at the sources you're bringing up!

(The only thing in this entire statement that isn't completely made up is the word "wound". Nothing in the cutscene on either end of it depicts any of what you just described as happening)

The other guy meant to get hit, meant to feel pain, and laughed at the pain

There's a very important distinction here. One of these guys (intentionally? This is questionable) feels a lot of pain, then throws on some music and has a crazy pizza party. The other one whines like a little bitch about his hurt feelings, personal insecurities, and identity issues. That's because one of these two is emo. You're trying really hard to spin this, but even you don't have enough bullshit stored inside you to make it look the way you want it to look.

Edit* party

I could dodge that....but the pain would be so....*moans*

Kam

I could dodge that....but the pain would be so....*moans*
And even if that were the case, it wouldn't be emo. Sorry, you don't have a case here, there's just nothing that will top digging your finger into your chest and monologuing about how you're not sure if you're human or you have a heart any more because you've been exposed to so much violence and hurt feelings

Kam

I'm not going to answer that. Do not pursue this line of aggression any longer.
"look at me everyone, I'm taking the high road by refusing to reply!"
(was his reply)

Since your first reply telling everyone to stop replying and just ignore everything, you've made four more replies. Either leave gracefully, or don't -- putting on this gradeschool pretend show of dignity isn't going to fool anyone.

Kam

Doing my Destiny dance on 'em.
in two weeks you're going to be raging at me over some other stupid argument, and you'll have completely forgotten everything that was said here. You'll probably call me homophobic again, and someone will probably urge you to stop for a third time.

Saying it here, so when it happens I can link you back to this and say I told you so. Cheers

Kam

You see how I tried to inch it over towards the right word?
you tried to "inch it" toward the nearest sexual fetish that would support your claim that dante is turned on by being stabbed. That's not a logical derailment so much as you stopped the train, got into a bus, and then drove the wrong way up a bike lane making airplane noises.

We all know what emo is, and so do you.

I'm sorry...I'm so sorry but...

This is totally Kam in a nutshell.

LOL. Yep, I love it when people talk big but never deliver in the end.
Nice to see how seriously you took all that "be the bigger man" talk.

If you really want to keep going, I'm ready whenever you are, I actually look forward to seeing a second tantrum like last time. I've really got to wonder about you though.

Normally when I ignore someone, a week or two is enough, and then everything's cooled down. But you? Three weeks later, and your first post is to immediately come back with the same rage you had the last time we left off. What kind of life do you have where you can go for three whole weeks, and nothing that happened to you in real life was more important than what some anon on the internet said to you 21 days ago?

If you want to talk about video games, that's fine. But if you're still holding onto your three week grudge trying to get validation out of me, what you need is therapy, not to keep bickering over something this colossally stupid.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Kam

I think the presentation of the scene is what lead it to be "emo"

If we redo the scene as a cinematic from Dante's perspective ( like a first person view) then we would have gotten a better look and formed a different opinion.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Z218
I don't think it would helped either. You know, it doesn't matter how deep his cut with knife was, if he wanted to check on his heart, he had to rip whole lot of muscles between ribs in the first place, so it would be clear self-mutilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom