• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Another God of War

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Innsmouth

I haven't played God of War: Ascension but as far as i know Athena is still around & if Athena is still around then I don't doubt they'll be another GodOfWar.

I agree the GodOfWar storyline has dragged on long for a bit but GodOfWar 3's ending really didn't seal everything up & i think alot of gamers want that to be the end simply because they aren't as invested as others. I say the exact same thing about Halo, WHEN WILL IT END!?

But just because some people want it to end on a lopsided scene with Athena looking embarrassed doesn't mean the creators are so wanting to quit.

GodOfWar has help sell Sony systems, it's a recognisable title, & many gamers still buy it.
So i say let it run till it can't anymore...........I'll even buy a few more new GodOfWar titles.
Well the problem is that Kratos tried to do something right in the end and sacrificed himself. Continuing franchise discard his sacrifice and returns him to state psychotic mass murder.

The Final Offer

I don't think Kratos will be the center of attention in this next one. I think it'll be a different character.

God of War is fun, just pure fun, and it isn't trying to be anything but it's own franchise with it's own uniqueness.

Now, Athena is still alive. Whatever plan she has for that world could still be great enough to warrant an entire game of Kratos being the world's savior. I'd think, with little effort on my part, that Athena would send Kratos around the world to retrieve, protect, and unseal powerful elements to return balance. With this being said, they could create new gods or use previous less important characters as power hungry mortals trying to replace previous gods.

I hope they choose a new character with Kratos becoming a secret boss inside of a ruined Mount Olympus. Oh well, after seeing Uncharted 4 slated for 2015, God of War 5 and Gran Turismo would indeed make huge splashes for 2016.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

Not really cause as i said as long as Athena is around Kratos isn't done yet.
Athena could possibly resurrect Kratos because i doubt she would let Kratos stick it to hef as he did & get peace.
I think Athena could be worse then Zeus
I dont think she resurrects him, since she lost most of her power + he betrayed her and she realized she can't control him anymore.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
isn't she was in spirit form and didn'T had access to her full powers without pandora's power?
As for continuity...i dunno. Maybe you're right, but don't you think it would have been cool if they take it in some unexpected direction instead of Kratos slaughtering more gods?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Not me. When a character destroys the world in a quest for petty vengeance, I'm officially done with the franchise
Hey that makes me wonder since everything is completely destroyed would kratos go back in time to repair everything? that seems like the only logical way they could follow up GOD 3's ending.

although i'm rooting for a reboot with a new mythology possibility Egyptian,Asian and maybe Hindu Gods.
GoW 3 had a surprisingly good ending.
Yeah it was almost as good as POP 2008's ending :rolleyes:

Last edited:

The Final Offer

Hey that makes me wonder since everything is completely destroyed would kratos go back in time to repair everything? that seems like the only logical way they could follow up GOD 3's ending.

although i'm rooting for a reboot with a new mythology possibility Egyptian,Asian and maybe Hindu Gods.Yeah it was almost as good as POP 2008's ending :rolleyes:

I've always wondered what critics would do if even the opportunity to do an ending to what they criticize.

So Rockman, what would you have done with the ending of GOW 3?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

It's her Astral Form like Zeus had in the end of God of War 3, so she can access as much of her abilities as Zeus could his.

2. Yeah a new direction would be cool but what would there be for Kratos except going against the Gods.
Hmm...when I was talking about new direction, I rather meant completely new direction with new character in same universe that has his own storyline.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I've always wondered what critics would do if even the opportunity to do an ending to what they criticize.

So Rockman, what would you have done with the ending of GOW 3?
David jaffe said in an interview that if he was to direct GOW 3 he would've killed Zeus in the opening moments of the game and added Egyptian&Norse Gods as the new villains and somehow kratos becoming the grim reaper in the ending.

I would've just removed the pandora from the story and ended the story with kratos killing zeus and titans imprisoning the Gods freeing mankind.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

Yeah i understand but what would there be ?
Some humans fighting Gorgons, Harpies, Chimera, Centaur Generals, Cerberus Mongrels.
A type of Clash Of The Titans storyline.

Maybe something like with a lead female character.
The aftermath of the Gods fall, the world is in chaos & she has to lead her people to a safe new land.
However they get captured by some low level general of Hades so she has to rescue them.
Them midway through her deeds catches the eyes of Athena & thus begins a line of manipulation all leading into a sequel where she's set out to hunt down & kill Kratos armed with new weapons given to her by Athena.
That actually sounds like awesome idea :D Why not make Blood Omen kind of story, where 2 main characters locked in deadly fight because of manipulating force :)

ji-high

I personally don't get people who bring up the whole 'he's just a killing machine/manchild/asshole/bla bla bla...".

Well, yeah so? That's exactly why i(and countless others i presume) love him. Almost all video game characters are goody two shoes who are out to save the world and are allowed to be jerks only if they somehow redeem themselves in the end(usually by saving the world). Kratos doesn't care about all that lol. He's in for vengeance and he's gonna get it by any means necessary. That's it. Whys is that so wrong? I think stuff like a simple story(or 'linearity') has gotten too much undeserved bad rap last gen. Not every game needs to have an award winning story (or to be 'open world ').

Besides, the gods in GoW are major assholes who deserved their fate. Bayonetta kills hundred of angels and god just for fun on top of having a nonsensical story and yet it's cool? Why? Because it's japanese or because it's a woman? maybe both. Anyway, whoever is the protagonist in the next one i hope they don't turn him/her into a philosopher(i have Max Payne for that). Mindless killing machine is fine by me. Gameplay on the other hand needs a MAJOR overhaul though, enough of the square, square, triangle crap. They tried some things in Ascension but it ultimately boiled down to the same old BS.

The Final Offer

I personally don't get people who bring up the whole 'he's just a killing machine/manchild/asshole/bla bla bla...".

Well, yeah so? That's exactly why i(and countless others i presume) love him. Almost all video game characters are goody two shoes who are out to save the world and are allowed to be jerks only if they somehow redeem themselves in the end(usually by saving the world). Kratos doesn't care about all that lol. He's in for vengeance and he's gonna get it by any means necessary. That's it. Whys is that so wrong? I think stuff like a simple story(or 'linearity') has gotten too much undeserved bad rap last gen. Not every game needs to have an award winning story (or to be 'open world ').

Besides, the gods in GoW are major assholes who deserved their fate. Bayonetta kills hundred of angels and god just for fun on top of having a nonsensical story and yet it's cool? Why? Because it's japanese or because it's a woman? maybe both. Anyway, whoever is the protagonist in the next one i hope they don't turn him/her into a philosopher(i have Max Payne for that). Mindless killing machine is fine by me. Gameplay on the other hand needs a MAJOR overhaul though, enough of the square, square, triangle crap. They tried some things in Ascension but it ultimately boiled down to the same old BS.

To understand Kratos's mission is to understand commitment and the hugest sin "betrayal". Personally, he's right for flipping out over a GOD betraying him. It quite possibly crushed his ideas of what the Gods were really like.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well it's cool if you like him, but I have no interest into sitting through his screaming at monitor for another 12 hours. He as character has only 1 mode and it won't ever change. As such sitting and watching guy who can only scream few phrases over and over and over again, got old in GoW3 and to make ANOTHER game where he does same kind of crap is just would be a bore to me.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Btw, its little off-topic, but am i only one who think there is big plot holw in GoW. When you kill Ares in first game , you've being told it's first time mortal killed a god...but than in CoO you kill Persephone who was also a Goddess, prior to Ares fight...can somebody elaborate?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

Well didn't Kratos kill her with the Blades of Chaos?
Because aren't those suppose to allow Kratos to kill the gods of olympus?

Isn't suppose to be any weapon he gets in a GodOfWar title allows him to do that, or allows anyone to kill a God of olympus.
no i meant the whole point that killing Ares was first time somebody killed a god. sorry if i can't explain better

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
GOW3 makes out that Zeus freaked at Ares dying like this, so yeah I don't get it. Unless they just don't care about those side games or Persephone wasn't fully a god or something.... eh.

berto

I Saw the Devil

That comes from people who say that he is. I actually argued once that I didn't like him for those reasons and someone tried to pass him off as a hero or antihero. But he's not and I don't care for characters or stories like that so I don't play the games and if other want to, fine, but don't try to pass him off as something he's not and certainly don't try to convince me of it, specially when it's so blatantly obvious that he's not even making the pretence of being so.

Bayonetta kills hundred of angels and god just for fun on top of having a nonsensical story and yet it's cool? Why? Because it's japanese or because it's a woman? maybe both.
No, not for fun. If she doesn't kill them they will kill them they will kill her and she will go to hell for been and Umbran witch.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
GOW3 makes out that Zeus freaked at Ares dying like this, so yeah I don't get it. Unless they just don't care about those side games or Persephone wasn't fully a god or something.... eh.
Hmm...well Persephone was goddess in mythos, but than again Helios wasn't a god in original mythology, so I dunno maybe they retconed it.

Top Bottom