• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Am I the only one who thought of this?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94, @Vergilius, @ef9 o shea

You all anticipated my arrival, and you were right.

Ef9 was correct. You had a good debate going on. I wouldn't lock a thread over something like that.

The only reason why I've just stepped in is because you guys aren't making any further points and are kind of unintentionally steering the thread into off topic posts. So, y'know...probably made my point now.

Thanks guys for keeping this at a civil, respectable level :thumbsup:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
you guys aren't making any further points and are kind of unintentionally steering the thread into off topic posts. So, y'know...probably made my point now.

Thanks guys for keeping this at a civil, respectable level :thumbsup:

Yeah you're right sorry for that we unnecessarily dragged the discussion on an off topic point :/

So the shudder on my back wasn't lying...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Back to topic , I think Vergil would have lost the battle no matter what weapon he wielded :D

I think with Yamato, he would have been a draw. After all, he almost caught Dante by surprise anyway with it, when Dante was running to save him, he moved so quick.

But maybe would have lost anyway cause of the Humanity Principle.

...Hey, someone had to call it some way.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I think yamato would have made it closer, but he still would have lost.Vergil stayed the same through most of the game, dante kept getting stronger and by embracing his humanity and his demonic side he had surpassed vergil by the third fight.It would still have been a loss for vergil, though dante would not have embarrassed him.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I agree. But only because he was meant to lose. It was a way to move his story along and set up the premise for DMC 1.
No, I just think the story demands it and people would've hated on Capcom if Vergil won.

Instead of giving us a reason like "humanity" for Dante's victory, why not use something else in conjunction with the concept of humanity itself?

Being "more compassionate" doesn't automatically mean (close) victory, after all.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It is simple really dante gained power going through the tower fighting the gate keepers and by the time he met vergil for the final time he had surpassed him. That and it is a recurring theme that demons amd cambions who embrace humanity are stronger than ones that don't

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It is simple really dante gained power going through the tower fighting the gate keepers and by the time he met vergil for the final time he had surpassed him. That and it is a recurring theme that demons amd cambions who embrace humanity are stronger than ones that don't
But the two theories don't mesh unless there's some connecting factor, in my opinion.

-------------------------------

Dante "stole" beowulf from his twin brother when Vergil dropped it after being knocked out by Arkham's breakdance kick.

He also got Kalina Ann after Lady brought it to him.

------------------------------

If there was some way to explain that and his "reason for caring" in one go then it would make more narrative sense.

If his doppelganger somehow made him stronger due to his "sudden compassion" and if that were to be explained in the story, then I would be ready to believe this particular reasoning more than...

"Gatekeepers plus hippie love equals profit."

Besides, it was shown in DMC1 that Dante's mother somehow revived Trish and through their collective power, energized Dante to defeat Mundus.

-----------------------------

There was no such explanation in DMC3.

How Dante defeated Vergil in DMC1 was explained through his sudden memory of his birthday with his brother. It was more of a "mercy" and he put Vergil out of his "demonic misery."

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If you want answers that satisfy you that vergil should have won or drawn because they were alwqys equal then you need to ask the writers man, most people on here take from it that dante had surpassed him due his humanity and the strength he gained from going through the tower.The biggest hint that corruption overwhelms and stops you from achieving true power is arkham turning into a blob after wielding the sparda sword.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The biggest hint that corruption overwhelms and stops you from achieving true power is arkham turning into a blob after wielding the sparda sword.
Yeah, but he would've won if he were fighting against Dante alone. Dante needed Vergil's help to win, so that theory doesn't wash either.

They should've said that Dante's mother blessed him with the "Holy Royalguard" and that protected him from Vergil's "true power" (desperate devil trigger at the end of the fight).

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
But if dante was his equal why did he need toactivate a desperate devil trigger? There only activated when there in serious trouble

And secondly dante was simply fatigued , he wasn't hurt in any way , arkhams power was his massive endurance.

Look man this is pointless you can stick with what you think but unless you plan to contradict the majority of the fanbase your wasting your time, I understand you want concrete answers but you will never get them.The game shows dante as the superior of them in there last battle and that is why he won.I appreciate you think differently so lets agree to disagree as my thumbs are tired from replying lol.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@ef9 o shea funny thing that Vergil was the one in constant seek of power but Dante was the one who gained it during his journey in the tower. And Vergil was the one who gave him a huge hand on that, when he stabbed him with Rebellion!

I like how the story twisted on that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No, I just think the story demands it and people would've hated on Capcom if Vergil won.

Instead of giving us a reason like "humanity" for Dante's victory, why not use something else in conjunction with the concept of humanity itself?

Being "more compassionate" doesn't automatically mean (close) victory, after all.

Yeah I see your point man. I just think that it kind of works to push his story along, having him go from Vergil to Nelo Angelo. He's still essentially Vergil, he's just oblivious to his transformation until Dante shows up. At least I'd say he was anyway, but that's just my opinion.

Top Bottom