• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Am I the only one who thought of this?

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
If Vergil used Yamato in the ending I have a feeling he would have won because the Force Edge is just a normal sword compared to Yamato or Rebellion.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Actually it would have been a draw as it was a draw in there second fight and he used it in that, they were completely even when lady interrupted the fight.Plus force edge is still a devil arm so it isn't without power.However dante's will and his embrace of humanity is why he won.

As to your title ha no it has been brought up here many many times before

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I wouldn't say Force Edge was just a regular sword. Also, from the brief moment he wielded Rebellion against Arkham, I think it's safe to say Vergil was still quite skilled in the use of a broadsword.

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
Actually it would have been a draw as it was a draw in there second fight and he used it in that, they were completely even when lady interrupted the fight.Plus force edge is still a devil arm so it isn't without power.However dante's will and his embrace of humanity is why he won.

As to your title ha no it has been brought up here many many times before
Oh Im sorry lol.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Exactly in fact the force edge is probably as powerful as rebellion outside of rebellion being able to be imbued with demonic energy for drive and round trip etc

Vergil could do a Round Trip and apparently he'll also be able to use Drive in DMC4:SE so I'd say Force Edge matches Rebellion in terms of power.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Because dante would have a massive advantage in broadsword combat only
I thought people said Vergil was more disciplined when it came to swords.

Besides, that didn't stop him from using Force Edge only in the last two cutscenes.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
More disciplined in general and with yamato but dante is using a broadsword the length of
time vergil is using yamato, so dante is more skilled with that sword plus dante can use yamato just like vergil can rebellion but not with the same skill or refinement , there not as good as eqch other when there weapons are swapped

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
there not as good as eqch other when there weapons are swapped
Vergil used the Yamato with both hands in the cutscenes and with at least one move in DMC4.

There are only so many ways you can swing a sword (any sword) with two hands.

So, that means that Vergil now uses Yamato like a broadsword (both hands) in both cutscenes and gameplay.

How is he not as skilled as Dante with a broadsword?

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If you used a katana for ten plus years and then swapped to a broadsword would you be equally as skilled as a broadsword user of the same length of time? No you wouldn't it is that simple.If you believe that basis then dante shpuld never have been less skilled than vergil in swordsmanship due to vergil being so gifted with yamato

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Vergil used the Yamato with both hands in the cutscenes and with at least one move in DMC4.

There are only so many way you can swing a sword (any sword) with two hands.

So, that means that Vergil now uses Yamato like a broadsword (both hands) in both cutscenes and gameplay.

How is he not as skilled as Dante with a broadsword?
.....Just because he can use it two-handed, doesn't mean he uses it like a broadsword. You wouldn't wield them the same way, it's two different styles. One sword it built more for raw strength, the other is more suited to speed and slashes

Top Bottom