• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Agnus' Research Sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Did anyone actually know that Agnus' research sheets said "Nero = DANTE???" from Mission 6, meaning that he'd been both hearing from members about Nero and Dante and making some odd comparisons. This seals some more information like they do actually know Nero is related to Dante prehaps and blood linked.
I've just written it on DMC Wiki ^^

Zato-OW

King
Agnus knew alot more then what he was letting on. I'm just confused at the cut scene where he had the Yamato and used it to open the Hell Gate. Now was he talking to the Yamato or was he just refering to the Hell Gate? "Lend me your fangs and ears" I always thought he was responding to the Yamato? Need a clear up.

Keaton

Premium
^I assume he was speaking to the Demonic Community that he was releasing unto Fortuna

Sparda™

:huh:

Makes no sense.
Why Agnus was surprised when he saw the Devil Bringer, also saying...

But but but that's demonic power! How can It be?!

It is obvious Nero is related to Dante, I highly assume It's a third son of Sparda, but that Agnus knew this makes no sense. His reaction is totally the contrary.

Keaton

Premium
^Unless it was a further hypothisis following later observation o_O

I imagine Agnus knew more than he was letting on...but I agree, he didn't know Nero was in possession of such power.

Zato-OW

King
Well if he was as smart as Arkham then he could have easily came up with that assumption. When it comes down to it. Its all about studying who Sparda was in every aspect. There were "rumors" about him and see as it was rumors one of them could have very well been on how strong he was. But no one really took it seriously.
Also Agnus and Sanctus had a deep connection and seeing as Sanctus knew who he was, he probably discussed it with Agnus because he trusted him. But Agnus probably took the news very lightly since their main goals where to capture Dante and he was spending most of his time trying to fuse demons and humans or w/e.

Zato-OW

King
So was Dante, even after he watched him take down the demons in the ally. He assumed Nero was a demon but after he unleashed his powers he knew for sure and was surprised.Nero tossed Dante around and grappled with him, how could Dante not know he was not human. Only until his arm was leashed out. But if Agnus wrote on his sheet board that "Nero=Dante" then there was something there that gave him that assumption but it was "only" an assumption or theory. It had to have been something there that gave him away and im thinking it was his strength, they may have been watching him take down demons.

Sparda™

Maybe from Nero resembling Dante in appearance and strength. After, he completed the equation with the demonic power he was so stunned to see.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Zato-OW;130276 said:
So was Dante, even after he watched him take down the demons in the ally. He assumed Nero was a demon but after he unleashed his powers he knew for sure and was surprised.Nero tossed Dante around and grappled with him, how could Dante not know he was not human. Only until his arm was leashed out. But if Agnus wrote on his sheet board that "Nero=Dante" then there was something there that gave him that assumption but it was "only" an assumption or theory. It had to have been something there that gave him away and im thinking it was his strength, they may have been watching him take down demons.

Dante somehow knew Nero was a demon before meeting him. How was this information even known? Dante had been watching and possibly a guardian in a sense. When Dante states the line:
"I underestimated your abilities..."
He clearly knew something was up with Nero.A heck of alot more behind the scenes. Also the fact that Agnus began his research a "few years" ago. The Order may have kept an eye on him SINCE then before the DB.
What does this tell us? The Order suspected Nero of being a demon before the DB, and since Agnus didn't KNOW about his DB, this strengthens this theory even more they know about Sparda's bloodline inheritance within him.

Zato-OW

King
What I meant was, Dante going into Fortuna expecting to see demons posing as humans or the other way around. So him watching Nero in the ally and seeing how he handled his self most likely gave him the conclusion that Nero had demonic powers. But as his arm was pulled out, it kinda put the nail in the coffin. See Dante came in and starting killing people because for some reason he knew they were demons. Shouldn't this be the same for Nero?

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Zato-OW;130294 said:
What I meant was, Dante going into Fortuna expecting to see demons posing as humans or the other way around. So him watching Nero in the ally and seeing how he handled his self most likely gave him the conclusion that Nero had demonic powers. But as his arm was pulled out, it kinda put the nail in the coffin. See Dante came in and starting killing people because for some reason he knew they were demons. Shouldn't this be the same for Nero?

Well, body language is sometimes more important to get an impression, his stance is very relaxed and observing. Dante was almost following and watching. Dante even said to Nero "getting better". So that one fight scene wouldn't just dictate how Dante see's Nero. Dante knows more about Nero than we do. He didn't even seem surprized when Sanctus mentioned Nero's bloodline relation to Sparda and Trish too.
Like I said, there's more than meets the eye. There's so much offscreen time from Dante and from our perspective, he basically did jack-all. Dante has been gathering some information himself on Nero.
"Buisness beckons"....what buisness? More than we know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom