• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Adding picture to signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyGemini

S'All over but the Crying
Hi Folks, just wondering as I'm trying unsuccessfully to add a picture to my signature, what the heck am I doing wrong...I either get the link in text form or a broken (white with red X) picture box, even if I try to link it directly from my avatar (which happens to show up no problem). o_O

Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Are you using image tags? [noparse]
threesome.png
[/noparse] is what it should be in your sig if you see this [noparse]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/threesome.png[/noparse] then it's wrong.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
If you are geting the red X box thing then you are doing it right but there is something wrong with the image you are trying to use, I think.

Dark Drakan

Admin
First upload it to an imagehost such as Imageshack. Then copy and paste the forum code into your signature.

SkyGemini

Thanks Everyone, this is what I see as the code when it asks me for the url:

dante4

The link will take you there. I've tried a couple of different ones and tried to link it right from my avatar even, but I still just get that annoying little white box with the red x...I'll give that Imageshack a try, though.

Thanks again!

For some reason the text doesn't show up with the tag, but this is the link without it:
[url]http://skygemini.tripod.com/game_wallpapers/index.album/dante4?i=8&s=1[/url]

SkyGemini

Thanks very much...that url, unfortunately, gave me the Tripod's logo and as much as I appreciate their site hosting, their logo's ug-ly LoL! I see how that link should work, even though.

So I took Dark Drakan's advice, went over to ImageShack and Voila! That worked...

But, thanks again!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Glad its working for you now, thanks for helping also Vauxchen. I will close this now the matter is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom