• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

actually liked this game

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
the potential was there, it felt almost like free-roaming open world type game as i remembered it since it was huge.. and that was exactly the let down, i stopped playing bcuz i'm lost and i dont know what's what.. what was i supposed to do again? ah, right, turned it off.. and yeah, the mechanics are also a let down, but it's bearable

love the design til now, nothing beats that uber-gloomy and vicious look on the artwork.. and that appearance on SMT nocturne, man, that was cool..

been meaning to continue with it, then i remembered a friend borrowed it..

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DMC 2 really isn't the unplayable mess some fans make it out to be. It is very much a functioning hack n slash and video game. It's just so underwhelming compared to its predecessor. That's where the stigma comes from.

I do admit, I really do like the parkour like mechanics. Doing backflips off walls all while firing your guns is pretty cool. Something I'd like to see brought back like that.

absolitude

yeah, some people love to exaggerate very much, but i did remember it was pretty hard, maybe that's why i stopped too.. kinda weird isn't it? devs could've taken all the good things from their games and put it in one title, that should get many praises, but they didn't.. still can't figure out why

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It wasn't very hard to me. I think compared to DMC 1 the overall difficulty was lowered. The biggest problem with DMC 2 was definitely the camera which got insanely stupid sometimes.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Sorry guys, but I really dislike this game. I even went out of my way to get all the power ups (that I could buy I mean. I didn't find the blue orb pieces, as I will explain below), defeat all the difficulties, and play all the way through level 10,000 in BP.

I did this to try and find some redeeming value in the game. I should've just bought DMC3SE and left the rest of the series alone.

The only thing I didn't doin DMC2 was get to Secret Room 60 (I completed almost none of said Secret Rooms because I didn't go out of my way to find them) on DMD Difficulty. That actually would've been too challenging for me. However, I do appreciate that one good moment in the game.

[43:10]

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
liked the game a lot amd some of the bosses but some of the regular enemies were just stupid , however it had decent canceling mechanics and it gave us some cool flips and somersaults.

Majin form was awesome too
Those enemies can be really stupid. I was playing the other day and these dog enemies were attacking me. I killed one and the other one was just pouncing back in forth in the same spots. I just stood there like an idiot watching him for like 5 minutes. It was rather amusing because it sounded so vicious yet, it was so dumb.

absolitude

Sorry guys, but I really dislike this game. I even went out of my way to get all the power ups (that I could buy I mean. I didn't find the blue orb pieces, as I will explain below), defeat all the difficulties, and play all the way through level 10,000 in BP.

I did this to try and find some redeeming value in the game. I should've just bought DMC3SE and left the rest of the series alone.

The only thing I didn't doin DMC2 was get to Secret Room 60 (I completed almost none of said Secret Rooms because I didn't go out of my way to find them) on DMD Difficulty. That actually would've been too challenging for me. However, I do appreciate that one good moment in the game.

[43:10]

what's with the sorry vergilius? it's a game and all is about preferences, since you've played the hell out of it then the game just didn't do it for you.. had those feeling with many games, whilst others loved it so much.. who cares, lol, it's just a game

liked the game a lot amd some of the bosses but some of the regular enemies were just stupid , however it had decent canceling mechanics and it gave us some cool flips and somersaults.

Majin form was awesome too

Those enemies can be really stupid. I was playing the other day and these dog enemies were attacking me. I killed one and the other one was just pouncing back in forth in the same spots. I just stood there like an idiot watching him for like 5 minutes. It was rather amusing because it sounded so vicious yet, it was so dumb.

now this i dont understand, i'm starting to think i'm the only one finding it hard, i was raped by them what was their name, those monkey looking creature, yes it was on earliest of game.. lol, silly me..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
now this i dont understand, i'm starting to think i'm the only one finding it hard, i was raped by them what was their name, those monkey looking creature, yes it was on earliest of game.. lol, silly me..
Because DMC2 unlike others relies heavily on gunplay and using guns you can dispatch almost all enemies except final boss

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
fully upgraded ebony amd ivory and the rocket launcher esp mixed with dt can devestate all the bosses up to despair and they can heavily damage it too
Problem is that on DMD despair is immune to gun in one form and to sword in another. Well not completely immune but he doesn't takes much damage from it

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
DMC2 was actually my very first DMC game, so it holds a lot of nostalgic value to me.

Back when I first played it, I had beaten the game completely as both Dante and Lucia.
(though I did find it quite challenging back then)
  • Cleared all difficulties.
  • Collected all weapons (fully upgraded them all as well), blue orbs/fragments (including the ones in the shop and purple orbs), etc.
  • Cleared all secret rooms.
  • Passed the last floor in the Bloody Palace. (I think I actually continued afterwards onto floor 3000 before getting bored and quitting)
  • Etc, etc, you get the point.
I really enjoyed the game when I first played it, as you can clearly see by how much time I invested in it. xD

However, playing the game as of recently has made me realize the game's flaws.
While there were pretty cool things that the game had in it, some things bother me when playing it.
I simply cannot stand that auto-target for one, and the game does feel too easy in all honesty.
I wouldn't say I hate the game or even dislike it, but playing the other games in the series has made me like DMC2 less than how I used to when I first played it.
Granted it still holds a lot of nostalgic value to me since it was the first DMC game I played, but overall I just don't like it as much as I used to.
I'd still consider it a "guilty pleasure" of mine when compared to the other DMC games, but overall I'd say that I still find it quite enjoyable to play every now and then, and that I would consider it a good game overall at the very least, just not as good as the other games in the series.

However, I really like the OST.

absolitude

Because DMC2 unlike others relies heavily on gunplay and using guns you can dispatch almost all enemies except final boss

so that's where i went wrong.. the game could've come up with a pop-up, "use guns you dumb"

fully upgraded ebony amd ivory and the rocket launcher esp mixed with dt can devestate all the bosses up to despair and they can heavily damage it too

noted

DMC2 was actually my very first DMC game, so it holds a lot of nostalgic value to me.

Back when I first played it, I had beaten the game completely as both Dante and Lucia.
(though I did find it quite challenging back then)
  • Cleared all difficulties.
  • Collected all weapons (fully upgraded them all as well), blue orbs/fragments (including the ones in the shop and purple orbs), etc.
  • Cleared all secret rooms.
  • Passed the last floor in the Bloody Palace. (I think I actually continued afterwards onto floor 3000 before getting bored and quitting)
  • Etc, etc, you get the point.
I really enjoyed the game when I first played it, as you can clearly see by how much time I invested in it. xD

However, playing the game as of recently has made me realize the game's flaws.
While there were pretty cool things that the game had in it, some things bother me when playing it.
I simply cannot stand that auto-target for one, and the game does feel too easy in all honesty.
I wouldn't say I hate the game or even dislike it, but playing the other games in the series has made me like DMC2 less than how I used to when I first played it.
Granted it still holds a lot of nostalgic value to me since it was the first DMC game I played, but overall I just don't like it as much as I used to.
I'd still consider it a "guilty pleasure" of mine when compared to the other DMC games, but overall I'd say that I still find it quite enjoyable to play every now and then, and that I would consider it a good game overall at the very least, just not as good as the other games in the series.

However, I really like the OST.

nice to know that, some retro shops might still sell it, definitely gonna check it.. i enjoyed the visual, the world and how gloomy it was compared to the rest, and with the areas being huge, they could've made the upcomings like that, should put more hours into playing them..

i'm betting the flaws would be more on the mechanics, rather clunky i suppose

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Despite it being the worst in the series, I actually liked DMC2. It wasn't as bad as it was getting bad rep for. It was playable, it had pakour, and some of the designs on levels, clothes, and enemies were actually pretty cool. The downside was not just it's gameplay and difficulty, but also it's story, voice acting, level proceeding, and execution that made it lack luster. But I will admit, using DMC1 Dante's costume is pretty neat and so is playing as Trish.

XDante

Yeah Trish fighting style is like Dante"s in DMC1, but they could add the moves from DMC1 for Dante in DMC2 while he has the costume from DMC1.

Ixbran

Smashing~

Same here, I hadn't even herd of the first game when I was young, I had seen the box art of the second, and it caught my eye, read the back of the box and found there were multiple playable characters, which was always a game seller for me, and thats why I bought it.

I Make The Devils Cry

I've a bit of a soft spot for Devil May Cry 2. While it's easily the weakest in the series, and on the whole a bit of a subpar game (hardly as horrible as some people make it out to be), it was where the series started for me. If it wasn't for it, I mightn't have fallen in love with the games like I did.

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
the potential was there, it felt almost like free-roaming open world type game as i remembered it since it was huge.. and that was exactly the let down, i stopped playing bcuz i'm lost and i dont know what's what.. what was i supposed to do again? ah, right, turned it off.. and yeah, the mechanics are also a let down, but it's bearable

love the design til now, nothing beats that uber-gloomy and vicious look on the artwork.. and that appearance on SMT nocturne, man, that was cool..

been meaning to continue with it, then i remembered a friend borrowed it..
I liked it too.

Top Bottom