• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Activision Comm Manager: 'Stop Threatening Devs'

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/24/activision-community-manager-stop-threatening-game-developers

Sure. As soon as they stop making CoD.

"This is why the world often does not take gaming seriously; this is why gamers are assumed to be immature, whiny assh***s. Because the immature, whiny assh***s are louder.”

Reminds me of a certain other community -- but which one escapes me at the moment...
AHA~!
Although I do agree with him, but it doesn't matter whether or not they continue to make CoD.
Don't you think if they stopped the immature whiny assholes would actually kill them?
It'll be full of 12-13 year old boys, finding them, murdering them, blackmailing them to make more CoD

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I know, right? The only thing that this will accomplish is more flame wars. But who knows? With enough nerd-shaming, maybe the CoD fans will learn to back down. Weirder things have happened, after all.

Oh, btw, happy birthday. I hope you have a good one. Good luck moving to your new place.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I know, right? The only thing that this will accomplish is more flame wars. But who knows? With enough nerd-shaming, maybe the CoD fans will learn to back down. Weirder things have happened, after all.

Oh, btw, happy birthday. I hope you have a good one. Good luck moving to your new place.
Honestly, I think of CoD as a savior; now hear me out on this.
Without CoD here, all the fanboys and immature assholes of CoD will move to different games and taint them; halo, battlefield, hell even mmo games.
The way I think about it, CoD is a cage for them, they may not see it right now nor even in the future. But it's a cage to keep the animals away from harming other games.
I have a literal example of such a person, my friend Tony has a little brother named James; whom loves CoD.
Description of James: 15 year old, douchebag, swag ****er, yolo loving piece of crap who "goes to the gym"
Every time he sees a beautiful game (to us) he disses and hates on it, saying it will never be as good as CoD, now mind you he's a spoiled little brat at the same time, he thinks CoD is God.
He doesn't play other games.
Because CoD is his cage.

Thanks, buddy! <3

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Because CoD is his cage.

Thanks, buddy! <3

I never thought of it that way. Yet another groundbreaking philosophy from a very creative mind.

Is it an elitist one? Absolutely. However, it's better to remain clean of these lepers than to let them into our action-adventure (besides the Uncharted or 'popular' AA games) gaming communities.

They made their own 'cage' -- let them sleep in it.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I never thought of it that way. Yet another groundbreaking philosophy from a very creative mind.

Is it an elitist one? Absolutely. However, it's better to remain clean of these lepers than to let them into our action-adventure (besides the Uncharted or 'popular' AA games) gaming communities.

They made their own 'cage' -- let them sleep in it.
Danke.
Although, I do agree with him on people being immature about ****.
Communities need to knock it off and get the **** along, otherwise no one will have friends, but only close minded friends.
I agree that people need to stop with the death threats, thinking they're top ****. In reality, it's breaking that person's heart; for doing his own job, too.

IncarnatedDemon

Though Gamers can behave better, he's generalizing big time.
He assumes because 1-5 or 1-30 people say things, that means that the remaining 300,000+ call of duty players are threatning devs.

Just let's assume 100 people from DMC community sent death threats ( actual ones) to Ninja theory ok?
And lets assume that there are currently 500,000 active DMC fans ok?
The 100 people who sent the death threats are then 0,0002% of the fans.

How about instead of saying "OMG we received death threats", also say "Even though we received death threats and they were serious, we are glad that the amount of threats we received were not even close to 1% of the fanbase".
Or should we just go ahead generalize?
I would love to hear the guy or girl in article say "Gamers can behave better". But to outright talk about gamers with few lunatic ones as basis, thats just ignorance.

Let me give another example.

Activision receives 1 death threat for Call of Duty Ghost
Then a guy becomes a white knight and says "Stop sending death threats" as if COD fanbase (or the majority of it) are actively sending death threats like Santa claus when hes delivering gifts.

And to say "Stop sending death threats" to people is like telling the people of earth to stop lying.
People will still lie...

Somethings you just need to accept.

However, if amount of people who behave bad is significant, then yeah id understand that. But as i pointed out the number is not significant.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Like a baby in the sewer:w00t:
and CoD is the baby:troll:

Honestly, I don't know why this guy is kicking up a fuss. So a few people complain in not the most appropriate way, and this guy gets upset....
It's not like film makers, cartoon makers or any other game studio don't get the same complaining fans. The more fans care about something, the more angry they will get, and the more irrational, sadly.
It's like when it was reported Disney bought Star Wars. There were so many angry internet blogs and forum comments from really hardcore fans...maybe obsessives?:/

This guy should just suck it up and accept that people will complain, or be immature. It's not like other game companies don't get this sort of fan reaction.

As far as I'm concerned, if CoD fans are still playing CoD, it means they are nowhere near games I like to play. ;)

IncarnatedDemon

I wonder if subconsciously i made that because of Plague babies from Demon Souls
plague-baby.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I wonder if subconsciously i made that because of Plague babies from Demon Souls
plague-baby.jpg
For a moment, I thought you'd posted an image of a turd:lol:....I guess it's the same thing.

Thinking a bit more about the topic;I don't know why an adult is getting annoyed by what is most probably a bunch of children, or immature teenagers, or kidults, posting these over the top complaints. Some of these complaints seem like trolling anyway. So this guy is just giving trolls more ammunition by going public.

IncarnatedDemon

For a moment, I thought you'd posted an image of a turd:lol:....I guess it's the same thing.

Thinking a bit more about the topic;I don't know why an adult is getting annoyed by what is most probably a bunch of children, or immature teenagers, or kidults, posting these over the top complaints. Some of these complaints seem like trolling anyway. So this guy is just giving trolls more ammunition by going public.
Those turds are interesting monsters. I could swear everything i killed them before they "died" (disappeared into the swamp water), they make a sign with their hands.

It looks like if they are showing you the finger :p

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Those turds are interesting monsters. I could swear everything i killed them before they "died" (disappeared into the swamp water), they make a sign with their hands.

It looks like if they are showing you the finger :p
So they're rude, as well as being turds.:p

Dark Drakan

Admin
If something keeps making millions every year and has still been breaking records with sales then I cant see a company hell bent on making cash, stopping their biggest franchise or milking everything they can out of it. Ive got nothing against the series itself just dont like companies who continue to pump out sequels every year with no real attempt at pushing the franchise further. I purchased Black Ops 2, enjoyed the single player (didnt touch multiplayer) and now I shall sell it. I havent played a CoD games multiplayer properly since MW2, I enjoyed CoD 4 the most since the originals. The rest just havent grabbed me multiplayer wise since then, I now only play Battlefield multiplayer out of the 2.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If something keeps making millions every year and has still been breaking records with sales then I cant see a company hell bent on making cash, stopping their biggest franchise or milking everything they can out of it. Ive got nothing against the series itself just dont like companies who continue to pump out sequels every year with no real attempt at pushing the franchise further. I purchased Black Ops 2, enjoyed the single player (didnt touch multiplayer) and now I shall sell it. I havent played a CoD games multiplayer properly since MW2, I enjoyed CoD 4 the most since the originals. The rest just havent grabbed me multiplayer wise since then, I now only play Battlefield multiplayer out of the 2.
To me CoD is total garbage and I hate that series with a passion. I avoid it like the plague yet I can still never escape it's influence it has on the video game industry. Because it's popular a lot of companies are trying to reach that big crowd (for example horror games becoming mediocre action shooters) and CoD sales is what they think they should compare themselves to. There is only one CoD and the people who play it have already been won over by it. They won't play anything else. Stop trying to appeal to them.

My biggest issue with CoD is that it could be a fantastic series. It was good back in the day. I played CoD on the PC when NO ONE else played the game. It only blew up when it went modern.And the thing is is that to me if CoD was a person it'd be a rich asshole.

CoD has the privilege to be the biggest game on the market. It has all the money and resources to make a fantastic AAA game. Yet, they just toss out the same exact game over and over again because they know people will buy it. They aren't trying. All these other big companies try to spend so much money developing a game to compete will CoD and I can swear CoD doesn't even spend half as much reusing the same engines and just repacking the same goddamn game again and again with a new subtitle or number. They have an audience that will buy anything they do. They know this. And get like all the money in the world. Being that rich asshole. The one who would like buy a huge mansion and use like only one room in the entire house. Get what I'm saying?

Top Bottom