• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Activision Comm Manager: 'Stop Threatening Devs'

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Yesh they went into great detail about it, saying they would jiggle more depending on which outfit and support came with it. And then mentioned equiping a small shield and a certian arm swing animation would get you a good shot at the jiggles.

I swear they were talking about it like it was some combat strategy. It's funny, but I do wish they could've put effort into giving the other cast members new costumes after 500 years, instead of focusing more on the...boobs XD at least we know where all the attention to detail is going.

544452_4765244304041_1325746245_n.jpg

I'm prepared.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I'm not the biggest Final Fantasy fan out there but, even I know 13 just shames its lineage in pretty much every aspect. The gameplay was just stupid. Controlling one character is a really dumb idea. And the characters are all just ewww. Not one person in the cast is likable or compelling in any way. I HATE HOPE SO GODDAMN MUCH.

The game tries to be 7 so much it's just awful. Lightning herself is just bad. She was trying to be the female Cloud but, Cloud had more personality than her and his personality wasn't even his! Plus it's ridiculously linear.

The graphics are fantastic as the game looks beautiful but, you can't explore or get immersed in this world because the game is just running down a pretty hallway for about 40 hours hitting the X button. And it's not like the story is any good either. Paced like a ant pushing a brick through the desert and also not coherently explaining what the f#ck is going on half the time is stupid. It's like Yahtzee said, he was only able to understand more when he read the text wrap up through the loading screens. You are supposed to weave the story in to the narrative and not hand the audience a glossary when they walk in.

Then again I can just summarize the whole thing as "save cocoon" and call it a f#cking day. BOOOOOORING.

I didn't play 13-2 but I heard while the gameplay was improved the story and all were still pretty bad and I guess the time travel stuff didn't make sense.

My favorite FF game will most likely always be 10. I adored 10. (10-2 doesn't exist) The reason why I like 10 so much is because it was the only FF game to actually get me to devote my time to it. Like I said, I was never really big in to RPGs. FF10 however was good enough to get me hooked and invested in the game more so than any other. It's not just my favorite FF game but one of my favorite games of all time.
Omg yes! Some of those are my reasons for struggling to get through FFXIII. For the story, it's like they're talking, but often they're saying anything really that interesting [I'm sure their conversations often consist of Cocoon, Serah, Pulse, Grand Pulse, L'Cie, Fal'Cie, Cieth, SERAAAAH!] the concept is there, the set up on the characters is there, but for the most part, I'm not enjoying it. They're throwing all these beautiful visuals, showing the tough things these 6 characters have to go through, and I'm barely invested :'(

Though FFX had lineage [come on, running down long paths. I dreaded every single one of them] it's story and characters were interesting, and I wanted to keep playing to find out what happened. For FFX-2...eeeer...I'm just going to pretend there was an extented ending where Yuna sung 1000 words for no reason and met Tidus afterwards, THE END :p

But honestly Chancey, from someone who's played both XIII and XIII-2 games, I'd recommend giving FFXIII-2 a go, even just the demo. Noel and Serah are likable, the plot moved along at the right pace, and the problems and that the gameplay got fixed. And the story ISN'T bad. It can get a little confusing, but I found it a lot more involving than XIII. Trust me, this game might have flaws, but it friggin does the job a hell of a lot better than XIII. It's the most recent Final Fantasy title since FFX that I've really enjoyed playing and that's been me over 10 years in waiting.

That and the Live Triggers can be funny :p

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Omg yes! Some of those are my reasons for struggling to get through FFXIII. For the story, it's like they're talking, but often they're saying anything really that interesting [I'm sure their conversations often consist of Cocoon, Serah, Pulse, Grand Pulse, L'Cie, Fal'Cie, Cieth, SERAAAAH!] the concept is there, the set up on the characters is there, but for the most part, I'm not enjoying it. They're throwing all these beautiful visuals, showing the tough things these 6 characters have to go through, and I'm barely invested :'(

Though FFX had lineage [come on, running down long paths. I dreaded every single one of them] it's story and characters were interesting, and I wanted to keep playing to find out what happened. For FFX-2...eeeer...I'm just going to pretend there was an extented ending where Yuna sung 1000 words for no reason and met Tidus afterwards, THE END :p

But honestly Chancey, from someone who's played both XIII and XIII-2 games, I'd recommend giving FFXIII-2 a go, even just the demo. Noel and Serah are likable, the plot moved along at the right pace, and the problems and that the gameplay got fixed. And the story ISN'T bad. It can get a little confusing, but I found it a lot more involving than XIII. Trust me, this game might have flaws, but it friggin does the job a hell of a lot better than XIII. It's the most recent Final Fantasy title since FFX that I've really enjoyed playing and that's been me over 10 years in waiting.

That and the Live Triggers can be funny :p
BAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
oh god why did I just laugh like a dumbass.

Top Bottom