• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A year since we last met

Handsome Devil Sparda

The DMC Anime is a big part of the "not much of that". Dante, Lady, and Trish could magically tell when a demon was wearing a human skin, except it was selective. Dante didn't think Brad was a demon in Episode 3 until he confessed, and he couldn't tell King was the woman who hired him in that poker episode. Lady didn't know the priest that sent her after Trish was a demon until he revealed himself. Dante didn't do a single thing against Sid and he was shady from day one and acting like a bootleg Arkham. Like the writers vaguely registered Dante clocking Trish as a demon within a minute of DMC1's prologue cutscene but then forgot to be consistent and didn't bother to explain the mechanics of why demons choose human forms as opposed to disguising themselves as, IDK, a dog or something. And there's no limit to it; demons can just do that whenever they want.

There would be a really good body-snatching plot in there where a crafty demon king sends his army to stealthily replace the human population to the point it can't be solved by just killing really obvious targets. Dante doesn't shoot "humans" or "people not proven to be demons", and he's not very proactive about much, so that's a weakness waiting to be exploited.

Mundus acting as a human prisoner would be interesting, though. I like that.

Things from the reboot being applied to Devil May Cry V has nothing to do with DMCs 4 and 1 and doesn't mean it retroactively applies to any of the DMCs in classic continuity because they were never made with the reboot in mind. Stop applying them like it does, and stop your obsession with my Premium status. You sound jealous and need serious help for that You problem.
And like I said they are still relevant because it was in DMC V and your the one who has to pay to be premium to feel self important thinking your opinion matters when it doesn’t lol but I do like where you are going with the whole weakness human thing for Dante, I think I remember something like that in the DMC 1 novel but he dose kill humans, I mean he killed Sanctus before his ascension so....

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
And like I said they are still relevant because it was in DMC V and your the one who has to pay to be premium to feel self important thinking your opinion matters when it doesn’t lol but I do like where you are going with the whole weakness human thing for Dante, I think I remember something like that in the DMC 1 novel but he dose kill humans, I mean he killed Sanctus before his ascension so....
Will you stop bringing up his premium membership? I've been on this site for nearly 8 years and this is the first instance I can recall of anyone even bringing up someone's premium membership in an argument.

Point is DMC V taking some cues from DmC does not mean everything from it applies to the main series. Untill it is said in any future material, that Sparda was a king. Then that is just purely your assumption.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
and your the one who has to pay to be premium to feel self important thinking your opinion matters when it doesn’t lol

First point I'd like to make is that there's absolutely no problem with someone paying to become a premium member. It's quite a positive if anything since that person obviously enjoys using the site and it also helps the site out as all funds go towards paying for server upkeep and renewing software licenses. Also you can gift others a premium membership so assuming that everyone pays for their own premium just simply to feel important here is ridiculous. I don't think I've once seen anyone say or behave like someone is beneath them just because they are premium or any other type of supporter/membership and I've been here quite some time now so disregard that thought and quickly.

We have a fair share of premium members that stay regularly active and posting and they give a lot to the site so just picking on them and complaining about them in regards to their status is just petty. Please nip it in the bud.

Secondly, @Morgan's opinion matters just as much as yours does. If you don't think their opinion or someone else's opinion matters then may I ask what was the point in making a discussion? Just because you don't like the way someone comes across (which is fine by the way) doesn't automatically give you the right to discard their thoughts and opinions. It does nothing for good discussions and is not the way to think going forward. Like @Angel already said we run a tight ship around here so please drop this nonsense about memberships and other people's opinions don't matter if you don't want to walk the plank.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Aw but yet themes have been copied into Devil May Cry V as I said in previous posts

You base your claims on the illogical assumption that, because they took some things from DmC, then they necessarily must have taken EVERYTHING.

Your claim that Sparda was a Demon King in the classic DMC universe will always be considered false until you find proof within the classic DMC universe. You can't just just claim that for DMC simply because it was the case for the reboot. They might have taken things from DmC but it doesn't mean they took that one as well.

It's just common sense, using premium membership as an argument to brush it off must be the silliest thing I've read on here in a long time. I wonder what your scale is, and how you look at mods if you have that view about the yellow peeps.

Handsome Devil Sparda

Will you stop bringing up his premium membership? I've been on this site for nearly 8 years and this is the first instance I can recall of anyone even bringing up someone's premium membership in an argument.

Point is DMC V taking some cues from DmC does not mean everything from it applies to the main series. Untill it is said in any future material, that Sparda was a king. Then that is just purely your assumption.
But isn’t really? I mean we didn’t get that material till we saw it in DmC, if anything it was the first time canonizing the Sparda family portrait from arts we didn’t see to in game then the actual series, to ignore it is t ignore other instances of DMC games as not canon, did you know the Alastor sword was actually a reference to Veautiful Joe so dose that mean the sword is not canon?! Exactly you can’t ignore these facts!

I already made my case, you all ignore my “opinions” though DMC franchise dose not stick to its own game as I mention before with references like
Time Bangle: Bayonetta
Alastor: Veautiful Joe
Sparda Mansion, Portrait, DmC Vergil’s downfall dlc inspiration for DMC 5 Vergil to separate to become Urizen: DmC Devil May Cry

and many more!

and it’s because of premium pricks like @Morgan who is stopping my opinion! So who gives a damn if they help with the site if they are denying the truth, But it’s facts people!

also btw thanks for responding it’s good I can get the community to come back online even if I have to be the conflict of their interest lol

You base your claims on the illogical assumption that, because they took some things from DmC, then they necessarily must have taken EVERYTHING.

Your claim that Sparda was a Demon King in the classic DMC universe will always be considered false until you find proof within the classic DMC universe. You can't just just claim that for DMC simply because it was the case for the reboot. They might have taken things from DmC but it doesn't mean they took that one as well.

It's just common sense, using premium membership as an argument to brush it off must be the silliest thing I've read on here in a long time. I wonder what your scale is, and how you look at mods if you have that view about the yellow peeps.
Shouldn’t you been in a Predator hunting grounds forum not a Devil May Cry lol

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
ya exactly this site favors people who have money over fans who actually know what they are talking about
So clearly not you, since you're using a game set in another continuity to justify your logic. That's like me trying to say Michael Myers had an abusive childhood. Which is true for the version from the Rob Zombie remake and it's sequel. But not the one in the 4-6, H20, or current timelines, where we know nothing of his childhood. By your logic however it would apply to all versions.

Shouldn’t you been in a Predator hunting grounds forum not a Devil May Cry lol
Yes because we're all only fans of DMC. Not like any of us ever have discussions about anything else. Oh wait, between DMC4 SE and DMC5 that's all we did.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Oh but it’s ok for him to act that way with me! Did anyone else read what he said to me first? ya exactly this site favors people who have money over fans who actually know what they are talking about

See what I mean!
I've already spoken with Morgan privately.

Re-read @LordOfDarkness post above and get over the premium thing. It has no place in this discussion.

Carry on, guys.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
That's like me trying to say Michael Myers had an abusive childhood. Which is true for the version from the Rob Zombie remake and it's sequel. But not the one in the 4-6, H20, or current timelines, where we know nothing of his childhood.
You don't understand, not only does he still have the abusive childhood in the new timeline, Laurie is still Michael's baby sister just because it was in the Rob Zombie versions. This absolutely applies all the way back to the very first movie where Michael murdered his sister to begin with so he pre-killed Laurie but she's still alive, because reasons, except for when she died in Halloween Resurrection and was already dead in 4. So she's actually undead. Get with the times, bro.

/s :p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
and it’s because of premium pricks like @Morgan who is stopping my opinion! So who gives a damn if they help with the site

You clearly didn't read what I previously wrote. I suggest you go back and read it again to let it sink in as those sharks below are looking mighty hungry.

You mean besides the owner who has to pay for the upkeep of the servers and other fees? Nope. I can't think of anyone that gives a damn about our members donating money to the site which in turn helps to keep it going so we can all be sitting here putting up with nonsense like this. Hallelujah!

Handsome Devil Sparda

Love how you all ignored my reference one lol see I was right

You clearly didn't read what I previously wrote. I suggest you go back and read it again to let it sink in as those sharks below are looking mighty hungry.

You mean besides the owner who has to pay for the upkeep of the servers and other fees? Nope. I can't think of anyone that gives a damn about our members donating money to the site which in turn helps to keep it going so we can all be sitting here putting up with nonsense like this. Hallelujah!
See I was right! You are just letting them ruining the community and the game! No wonder DMC is in a mess right now and didn’t get a sequel right after 4 because of you posers!

So clearly not you, since you're using a game set in another continuity to justify your logic. That's like me trying to say Michael Myers had an abusive childhood. Which is true for the version from the Rob Zombie remake and it's sequel. But not the one in the 4-6, H20, or current timelines, where we know nothing of his childhood. By your logic however it would apply to all versions.

Yes because we're all only fans of DMC. Not like any of us ever have discussions about anything else. Oh wait, between DMC4 SE and DMC5 that's all we did.
Exactly then your not a true fan lol

I've already spoken with Morgan privately.

Re-read @LordOfDarkness post above and get over the premium thing. It has no place in this discussion.

Carry on, guys.
Because just like @LordOfDarkness said it’s true as long as the site gives money YOU GUYS DONT GIVE A DAMN FOR TRUE FANS!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Because just like @LordOfDarkness said it’s true as long as the site gives money YOU GUYS DONT GIVE A DAMN FOR TRUE FANS!
Sigh.

Take a week off to decide whether you want to be a productive member of the group or just a troll.

Sites aren't run on unicorn tears and puppy dog smiles - donations are welcome but not demanded.

Hope to see you in a week with a better attitude.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay @Angel beat me to it. Did he sink or swim?

Nobody said we demand members to donate to our community. We encourage it, of course, but never demand it. How this ended up being about not valuing the fans is down to your inability to acknowledge what was actually being said.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Okay @Angel beat me to it. Did he sink or swim?
He's got a week to decide if he wants to become a productive member here or not.

In the meantime, guys, please feel free to continue the discussion minus anything relating to premium memberships, warnings or bans. The member in question is unable to respond for a week so let's play fair and show everyone how we do things here.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Just to clear something, i was gifted my premium membership for being a positive and active member

Like many others, i have donated to the forum but i was never pressured or asked by anyone to do so, i decided to as a way to show my appreciation and to keep the doors open as the expression goes

Now as for the topic, it being a year aince they last met is probably never going to be covered, but DmC is a different universe with nephilim and not cambions

And it has no impact on the main canon as said, and i doubt we will ever get a full explanation so it's probably just going to be left vague, or for us fans to fill in with our own headcanon

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I just saw the DMC references as fun easter eggs. They are as valid as Dante's appearances in Marvel versus Capcom.

If Capcom wants to follow through, they can.

Dante learning Eva was an Umbran Witch is a good hook for a potential crossover.

I'm cool with replacing Dante with Vergil in a potential DMC2 remake. Enzo pretending to be DMC2 Dante is the joke version of that.

A hack and slash version of Shin Megami Tensei could be pretty fun.

But it's not essential. There are other stories you could tell, those are just a few options I thought off.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
:coffee: Ummph...
This is actually such a fascinating conversation. Why must it get mudded up with all this bickering...
Is that my scan? I don't remember it being so clean. If it's not the one I posted you mind passing me a link? I really wouldn't mind having a nicer version... (For now, though, I think it best that I stick with mine for my thing.)

I just saw the DMC references as fun easter eggs.
I have an opinion on that. I'll elaborate later.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Is that my scan? I don't remember it being so clean. If it's not the one I posted you mind passing me a link? I really wouldn't mind having a nicer version... (For now, though, I think it best that I stick with mine for my thing.)
Here's the link to it. Book only though.

Top Bottom