• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A thought

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I just had this thought so i decided to tell everyone .

New members dont know the rules of the forum do they ?? Well how about every time a new member registers a account , and they become real members they get sent a Pm from the admins saying the rules along with the welcome message ?? Then it will cut down on bumping , spamming and other stuff ...

And im aware of the forum rules button on the toolbar so please dont all say that , but when do people read those ... i myself has never read the rules , only asked what they were !!

Please say what you think !!:)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
We all know that no one really reads forum rules, no matter what forum you're browsing...
Truth be told, I didn't either, but I've been on so many forums that I generally know what behaviour is expected of you, but still, many people just don't bother, and, like you said, are unaware of the bumping rules etc etc, the only issue being, sending a welcoming message including the rules and regulations of the forum to every new member who signs up would be a massive pain in the ass for us.

Though if an automated message system could be implemented that would do just this, it'd certainly solve a lot of problems and would help clear up any issues people may have upon joining, seems like a good idea.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
That's actually a pretty good idea. But the only problem is that I've disabled the automated PMs because a lot of newly registered members found 'em annoying.

Truth be told, I tend to skip reading through the rules on the forums I attend, too. Then again, I haven't actually registered and participated in any forums for, like, two years so I guess that's my excuse. :p

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Angelo Credo;181979 said:
Though if an automated message system could be implemented that would do just this, it'd certainly solve a lot of problems and would help clear up any issues people may have upon joining, seems like a good idea.

That's what i mean , so when a new member joins they get sent the automated message and the welcome message at the same time :)

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Would this really work? If people don't read the rules normally, what would make them want to read them from a PM?

In theory it works, but then in theory communism works. :p

Good idea, and I think that it would be worth it. ^_^

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Vauxchen-kun;182058 said:
Would this really work? If people don't read the rules normally, what would make them want to read them from a PM?

In theory it works, but then in theory communism works. :p

Good idea, and I think that it would be worth it. ^_^

Because when the new members jion the fisrt thing they are going to do is read a pm and then do the whole profile thing , or there account is not activated straight away until they read the pm !!

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Damien;182069 said:
Because when the new members jion the fisrt thing they are going to do is read a pm and then do the whole profile thing , or there account is not activated straight away until they read the pm !!

Maybe sending a link to the FAQ's as well, that way, people know how to set everything up?

Top Bottom