• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Royal Guard thread

Koemi

half-breed
I have a craving for RG so I re-watched this youtube vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zdRDOpGL4s

I could do most of those now, but how do you perform (button + timing-wise) these sequences at 2.16-18 (2 spinning megascarecrows), 2.32 & 3.37 (continuous jumping in air while shooting pandora), 2.38 & 3.25 (blocking spinning blades), 2.57 (continuous air rave with yamato without falling back to ground), and 4.36 (blocking the mega cannon from savior)? and also...

- 1.28 nad 2.07 : is that an example of royal release?
- 1.57 (similar to 2.32 & 3.37) : how can you stay in air that long?

Thanks!

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
well u see if you've played DMC 3 and DMC 3 SE u would learn a lot easier because it's easier to do especially jumping on the enemy then attaking then jumping on the enemy again while in midair

Royal guard is all about timing time your blocks just right and you can do anything really
to tell you the truth that's my favorite style

sorry if i wasn't any help....

Sparda™

Jump Cancel keeps you on air without falling. It needs proper timing to be executed.

Royal Guard is Royal Guard.^_^

Keaton

Premium
Royal Guard is a great style to master, it has massive potencial in both the defensive and offensive spectrums, especially as seen with the likes of Lucifer :D

+rep nice thread, and rep to you Dante for Jump Cancel tip.

Sparda™

^ Thanks, K! :D

Royal Guard in fact, is a deadly style If achieved ultimate skills on It.

I've personally defeated the Savior on Dante Must Die with just Royal Guard, Lucifer and E&I.

Koemi

half-breed
Thanks Keaton & DA!

@DA: so that's what you call "jump cancel"... guess I can refer to an earlier thread you posted later on how to execute that.

RG, for me, is just fun to execute, but I never really did a Royal release or used that dreadnaught form - I mean, I just don't know why it's deadly. Mind if you can elaborate further? Thx~ ^_^

Keaton

Premium
Release is a damaging move that retaliates all the built up defensive energy into one swift attack of offensive power.

The more charged the Royal Gauge is the more power is unleashed, it deals fantastic damage even against Bosses, Offence and Defence in one motion.

Deadnaught is a nice gimmick, but tbh I rarely use it.
The only time was once or twice on Hell and Hell mode where I wanted a Suicide Run...without the Suicide lol

Sparda™

Personally and frankly, I get annoyed by Royal Guard. It's fun and such, but I prefer rather an offensive way of dealing with enemies on Devil May Cry 4.

See, I use various combos of styles, such as GS->DS->SM->RG or SM->DS or other ones as well.

To Koemi: Jump Cancel is a powerful technique which delivers a constant amount of damage due to proper timing of pressing the jump and attack button in the moment the weapon creates impact with the adversary.

Koemi

half-breed
Thanks DA & Keaton! Just tried jump cancel with Nero today - it's a fun way to dispose of small foes, and a stylish way to evade attacks from bosses :D

+ rep

Keaton

Premium
Dante Aseroth;116492 said:
Personally and frankly, I get annoyed by Royal Guard. It's fun and such, but I prefer rather an offensive way of dealing with enemies on Devil May Cry 4.

See, I use various combos of styles, such as GS->DS->SM->RG or SM->DS or other ones as well.

To Koemi: Jump Cancel is a powerful technique which delivers a constant amount of damage due to proper timing of pressing the jump and attack button in the moment the weapon creates impact with the adversary.

Rep to you sir, couldn't have put it better myself ^__^

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Royal Guard...my right hand...Royal Guard + Sword Master & Dark Slayer + Rebellion + Jump Cancel = epic win for me.
If you want to use Jump Cancel you must first purchase Enemy Hike, because you need to jump off the enemy, do an air attack and when the attack lands, jump at the same time and attack and so on.

Top Bottom