• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Newcomers Experience with DMC 1 and DMC 3

CrazyEdge

Just got done with the HD collection, I have an understanding about the original story. What I can say right away is that I'm in love. The series is amazing, and DMC 2 well, I'll just say that there were elements I enjoyed, but overall the game just doesn't live up to 1 and 3 in any way.

DMC 1 was amazing, I loved it's atmosphere, the Gothic elements are amazing, felt like a horror game at times. But I had so much fun with the character of Dante with his awesome one liners and fun personality. The combat is good, but there was a bit of a learning curve for me, but I suppose I'll get better the more I play it, which I definitely will do. I'd say my favourite boss is either Nelo Angelo or Phantom.

DMC 3 is also amazing. The thing is about this game is unlike DMC 1, which a bit more serious, this one cranks the over the top nature to 11 right from the start. Not that that's a bad thing. The combat is much more accessible to me and has a load more variation with style system and a ton more weapons. I mainly stuck to Rebellion and Agni and Rudra. In terms of my favourite boss, I'd say Vergil or Nevan. Although to be honest they are all a ton of fun, apart from the time controlling horse, I died a lot on that one.

So overall I have no idea which one is my favourite, I'll probably figure that out when I replay them on a higher difficulty. But I'd say I'm hooked on this franchise and will try and get to 4 and 5 as soon as I can

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Best of luck to you, and glad you're enjoying the series. While you're at it, I'd recommend you Bayonetta 1&2, DmC: Definitive Edition, and Onechanbara Z2: Chaos. When you get to DMC4, just get the special edition, since it has some cool extras.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Great to hear, when you do get around to playing DMC4 play the current gen Special Edition. You get 5 playable characters. I also do recommend the reboot DmC, no secret this fanbase has had fights over it (I admit, while I don't hate it, I don't love it. I think it's decent) but I still recommend it to form your own opinion on it. Also again, if you do, go with the current gen version, the Definitive Edition, it's by far superior to the original release.

Top Bottom