• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

>_>...<_< Conspiation theory time

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
If you reading this post, it means I was successful in gathering your attention! Thank you for that!

First I must say I don't believe on this or Eva is a witch or whatever it might be , as much I see her a simple human lady with an heroic lioness heart, but now it doesn't matter.
Now the theory:
There is a thing which would be more canon to the real DMC story than any witch theory, but nobody thought of that or found that interesting enough: Eva was the priestess who was mentioned in DMC3 and that helped Sparda to lock Hell gates.It was said Sparda sacrificed his own blood and a human priestess; sacrifice doesn't not mean death, as Lady shed blood and was alive and , even then, Hell doors were open.It makes sense too Eva received a part of the amulet if she was the priestess, after all she wasn't only Sparda's wife but a person who was a fundamental element in the ritual and symbolically received a part of the key to a devilish tour.
No, I don't believe in this theory NOW, but I admit that not only me but a lot of people I know thought twins mother and that priestess to be exactly the same person.

Gel

Premium
That would make Lady Dante and Vergil's sister.

Nah.
No, that would make Lady probably a very distant cousin or whatever.To be be someone's descendant, you don't need to belong to direct lineage.After all , Nero is Dante's direct descendant, but not his child.
Even so this woman came before Eva, helped Sparda locked the gates and was important enough to be chosen for the task. A lover , perhaps?!

Gel

Premium
And what an old mom Lady would have!2000 years or something?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm, it's an interesting theory but my main problem with it is that if the tower was sealed away 2000 years ago, wouldn't that make Eva over 2000 years old?

Not to mention if Sparda had a third child (via the priestess) that was Lady's ancestor, that would take away from the whole "Sons of Sparda" being his only children. I'm reminded of Beowulf's last words, "You are not the one I faced before, but this smell...there are two of them. That excrement Sparda had two sons!"

Gel

Premium
wouldn't that make Eva over 2000 years old?
Yes and it is bizarre , but the theory with Eva being witch implies too she was 2000 years old( because people believe she fought along Sparda against Mundus and the demons), while official material says he found Eva later his life and produce children with her, not to mention Eva was easily killed by minor demons who found her and her children, this in manga.
Sparda had a third child (via the priestess) that was Lady's ancestor
Apparently Sparda has no other children( unless someone pulls something from their backside, ala Nero) , even so if that priestess had siblings, her nephews and nieces were her direct descents too.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
nice thread title

It be ironic as Arkham and Vergil would be fighting for the same reason then because technically Arkham would be a Son of Sparda, just many generations removed. That could also explain Lady's abilities as she does have demon blood but its been filtered out.

It be interesting to have Dante try to seek the answers too how Eva lived so long and how she ultimately died and that could make for a cool story.

An easier way would be to have Eva be another descendant of the priestess tho.

I always thought Eva could have been a badass demon hunter in her own right. There was a cool fanfic called Rapture https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2663140/1/Rapture that explored that potential pretty well.

Gel

Premium
That could also explain Lady's abilities as she does have demon blood but its been filtered out.
AND that blood red eye she has(as much as Arkham) that got gloss over without explanation. Humans DON'T have red iris unless they are a special kind of albino.
I always thought Eva could have been a badass demon hunter in her own right.
And she probably was, very much like Lady.After all Sparda met Matier and other demon hunters on his journeys.
If this priestess was the woman who was at Sparda's side when he fought and locked the baddies, sure I would like to know her.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Gel
another idea would be to have Eva be a reincarnation of the priestess and the reason why she is started Sparda's interest in her.

Reactions: Gel

Gel

Premium
@Gel
another idea would be to have Eva be a reincarnation of the priestess and the reason why she is started Sparda's interest in her.
Just like Lisa was a reincarnation of another lady( which I forgot the name) in Castlevania.That's why Dracula married Lisa.

Top Bottom