• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

360 or PS3

PS3 or 360?

• PS3

Votes: 11 61.1%

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Which one is better, i want to buy one or the other, but i cant pick because they both have great games, please vote and leave a comment explaining

The dark knight

The PS3 is much better. Trust me...I play the Xbox360 at my friends house all the time. And i own a PS3. The PS3 is much better.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I've never played a PS3 but if you come from the UK I'd say go for a 360 just coz in Europe, the PS3 gets games delayed and way too many different versions of the console being released. They cut costs and corners and produced a substandard version of what the rest of world received. also Home is just a paedophile's paradise, as far as I'm concerned...

Better titles on the 360 at the moment as well, in my opinion.

Sparda™

PS3 all the way. It has a bigger internal hard drive, and I/O devices are recognized directly, while the X360 requires IDs and stuff.

If you want a multiple gaming pleasure machine, I say the PS3. I don't have a next-gen console, and I'm looking forward to buy the PS3.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
If you want a system with a good library of games I say go with the 360 for now, but if your buying a PS3 for media purposes I say just buy a computer or laptop. The PS3 is a damn good system it just has crap for games at the moment. I'll eventually buy a PS3 myself, probably in June, just not now.
Ultimadream;79051 said:
Resistance, Uncharted & soon MGS4,GT5, Silent Hill 5, Tekken 6, Haze

I just have few things to say about these games. MGS4 and Resistance are the only games that are good. Everything else is complete crap. If you want a good fighting game screw Tekken and play Dead or Alive. The Silent Hill series is just freaky and stupid. If your looking for a good horror just stick to Resident Evil. If you like simulation racing games go for Gran Turismo 5. Its really pretty, but Forza and Project Gotham racing ftw. Uncharted(mediocre game) is basically Stranglehold in the jungle and Haze isn't out yet so I can't say anything about it, but it looks good.

demolition_man

Ive owned both and I prefer the Xbox360. I got the console for GAMING, nothing else, all the PS3 extras mean poop to me. Most games I am interested in cross platforms, so I am good in that department.

Ive also had the WII and that was fun for about 2 weeks. Took me longer to find one, LOL.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
I never owned the 360. but i like the ps3 because It has Blueray, you can go on the internet, and 360 i don't think will have FF13.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
well,PS3 and XBox S60 has their own pros and cons...

But PS3 has Blu Ray,which is good and the cheapest BLu Ray Player around.

Some games are exclusive to PS3 and some games are exclusive to XBox 360.

If possible,buy both.If not,juz buy PS3,meow.:)

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
SLudge;79118 said:
That is another better thing about it, that is the cheapest way to get blueray :p

Actually you can buy a better quality and cheaper blue ray player between $100-200 cheaper than the PS3 :lol:

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
SLudge;79148 said:
I'm sorry, if you get a blueray for that cheap its going to be a pos :)

Actually Samsung, Sharp, Phillips and Sony blue-ray players are all within that price range and those blue-ray players are top of the line and they've all gotten great reviews. All im saying is that the PS3 isn't the cheapest blue-ray player and I wouldn't buy the system just to watch movies, thats just silly :wacko

w33l33

meh...
ps3 ftw!

360s are made by microsoft enough said? i think so but just to prove a point here goes:

right microsoft realise the ps3 is far superioir so in order to put up any kind of competition they use their billions of dollars to buy out sonys exclusives so they are on both consoles. what exclusives they had at the start were shocking the only decent one i can think of is halo 3 which in comparison to ps3 exclusives e.g. metal gear solid 4 sucks hardcore. a 360 fanboy would in answer to this say "yeah but for £400+ what more does the ps3 have than te 360?" to which i say the originality that was the original playstaion and have only just inserted half a computer into their consoles to prove to microsoft that if they really want a competition then come and get it. in my opinion the i would much rather have a ps2 than a 360.

i am sorry this is a very biased arguement but i hate microsoft nonetheless everything i have said is what i believe to be true so i would have to say get a ps3 spend the little extra cash and get some class on your tv set.

aka958

Don't trust people
WHY DO SO MANY LIKE PS3 CUSE OF THE BONUS!?!?!! i thought those consoles was for PLAYIING! like the little gameboy.... it has only Games to play. GAMES!
and for 360 YOU CAN GET ACHIVEMENTS for completion of game... that is COOL.. to know how good you actually are in the game... sure i've heard many had that red ring.. but still its best Far... it has most GAMES to play not MEDIA or something crappy like that.
and now when DMC have come out on the other consoles the PS3 get even LESSER Worth in my sight.

Dark Drakan

Admin
No reason to buy a PS3 yet as it doesnt have any titles that have grabbed my interest enough to make a purchase. Id go for 360 all the way as its got the much better and wider selection of games, better online service and i love the achievements system too. People may choose to hate 360 because Microsoft created it but they are just missing out on some of the best games on the market for this reason.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Exactly. Some of those who look down on the 360 tend to purely because Microsoft made it. So what? Sony did fantastic with the PSOne and PS2 and then messed up with the PS3 which disappointed me greatly as I would have bought one otherwise., based on their excellent previous track record with consoles.

The PS3/360 debate can also be found here - It's a Wonderful Live - created by the same guy behind the Arby and Chief series :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angel;79216 said:
Exactly. Some of those who look down on the 360 tend to purely because Microsoft made it. So what? Sony did fantastic with the PSOne and PS2 and then messed up with the PS3 which disappointed me greatly as I would have bought one otherwise., based on their excellent previous track record with consoles.

The PS3/360 debate can also be found here - It's a Wonderful Live - created by the same guy behind the Arby and Chief series :D

Yeah i agree i choose my favourite consoles over the games they have not solely on the company that made it. I loved my PS and PS2 as they had great games, i liked my xbox a lot but the choice of games wasnt great. Then 360 came out and has one of the best gaming lineups ive seen and also the biggest range so i got one of those. I would have got a PS3 no question but as no games on it really grab my attention yet i havent got one. Im sure i will buy one at some point in the future but i dont have any reason to right now.

SLudge

Bio Hazard
Sony did not mess the PS3 up. I would need to HIGHLY disagree with you. It has better graphics this 360, its got a blue ray, and i think there are alot of good titles out for it. Resistance Fall of Man or w/e, Devil May Cry 4 (yea its on 360, but PS3 also and prob better graphics), Final Fantasy 13 will be on it (when ever it comes out), Crysis is going to be on the PS3 NOT 360 (that game is really good imo, even tho it kicks the crap out of my PC, can run it on all high settings) I'm not saying the 360 sucks, and im not saying it doesn't have any good games for it, cause it does. But to me PS3 is clearly better.

Top Bottom