• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

360 or PS3

PS3 or 360?

• PS3

Votes: 11 61.1%

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Dark Drakan

Admin
SLudge;79234 said:
Sony did not mess the PS3 up. I would need to HIGHLY disagree with you. It has better graphics this 360, its got a blue ray, and i think there are alot of good titles out for it. Resistance Fall of Man or w/e, Devil May Cry 4 (yea its on 360, but PS3 also and prob better graphics), Final Fantasy 13 will be on it (when ever it comes out), Crysis is going to be on the PS3 NOT 360 (that game is really good imo, even tho it kicks the crap out of my PC, can run it on all high settings) I'm not saying the 360 sucks, and im not saying it doesn't have any good games for it, cause it does. But to me PS3 is clearly better.

The GFX on PS3 and 360 are identical in most games and in some instances actually look better on 360 because of the Anti Aliasing support of its GFX card shaders. GFX dont really mean much to me anyway, nice bonus to have them but id take great gameplay over GFX any day of the week. Also Crysis if it came to console would more likely come to 360 too as Crytek work closely with Microsoft. Also Far Cry sold really well on the original Xbox so it would make more sence. Id choose Lost Odyssey over Final Fantasy right now (also created by Hironobu Sakaguchi) as i have been disappointed with most the new ones, the old ones were the best.

Reminded me of an article from a while ago:

PS3: What The Cell Is Going On? -1UP.com

SLudge

Bio Hazard
All 360 does for AA is blur everything, which looks bad imo. Also, it all depends on the game company who makes the game, they may make it look better on PS3 or 360. I heard (could be false could be true) that Crytek is only releasing Crysis for PS3 and not 360. Could be wrong as I heard it on the internet, and there is alot of BS on the internet. But I heard it from a reliable site.

Dark Drakan

Admin
SLudge;79239 said:
All 360 does for AA is blur everything, which looks bad imo. Also, it all depends on the game company who makes the game, they may make it look better on PS3 or 360. I heard (could be false could be true) that Crytek is only releasing Crysis for PS3 and not 360. Could be wrong as I heard it on the internet, and there is alot of BS on the internet. But I think I heard it from a really reliable site.

The first reports id read were that Crytek were in talks with Microsoft and actually had their engine running on the 360.

Rumor: Crysis shown on Xbox 360 to 'prospective publishers' at GDC

Crysis Heading To 360? - Eurogamer

Also heard rumours about it not coming to any console but everything is still rumour of course. Id be able to get it for my PC if i could get my new GFX card working again.

SLudge

Bio Hazard
Yea, it may. I saw it like 3 months ago, and it could have been false. You have a good point with Far Cry, it did sell good on the xbox. I was just going with what I heard. Maybe it will come out for both. Either way if it comes out for either, get it. Great game, one of my favs.

Dark Drakan

Admin
SLudge;79241 said:
Yea, it may. I saw it like 3 months ago, and it could have been false. You have a good point with Far Cry, it did sell good on the xbox. I was just going with what I heard. Maybe it will come out for both. Either way if it comes out for either, get it. Great game, one of my favs.

Id definitely get it, ive played it briefly and liked it.

Keaton

Premium
My vote is for the 360. Mainly because of a few teeny reasons:

-price: £200 cheaper for console and £15+ cheaper for games :D
-loading time: 45min loading time on PS3 before you can start DMC4 - nothing should make me wait that long before killing some Scarecrow :D
-titles: sure, there isnt that much on the 360 that I really want besides DMC4, but there is even less on PS3
-Don;t need BluRay: If i did, maybe my vote would;ve been different, but I don;t so 360 all the way :D

Sparda™

Saying that a game looks better in X360, rather than in a PS3, is like comparing a 256 MB ATI Radeon Video Card, to a 512 MB Nvidia 8600 GT SLi.

The Playstation has been and always will be the king of gaming and entertainment. I'd suggest to Microsoft to improve their Windows Vista, rather than competing in a market where the winner is already known.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Playstation were an excellent gaming platform series - until they screwed over Europe. PS2, PSOne - love them both dearly but Sony shot themselves in the foot with the PS3 over here...

If I lived in Japan or America, for example, no doubt I would have snapped up a PS3. But they are not offering anywhere near the number of decent games that you can get for the 360. We were considering one until we learnt that DMC 4 would be on the 360 too so didn't bother in the end. No point in spending nearly £400 on a console we would only use for one game, essentially.

I'm not up on the whole "everyone bash Microsoft" thing so I don't get it - but even though the 360 has had its problems, and I'm not denying them for a second, for me it is the better console at the moment.

If the PS3 reduced dramatically in price as well as had more exclusive and decent games that I would want to play (bearing in mind that what some may think is an awesome game, I would not agree) then I'd go for it because I like Playstations...I just really feel that they overlooked Europe as a decent market and alienated a lot of Playstation fans who were expecting something of the same calibre as Japan and America were getting, but instead were offered a considerably substandard version and not nearly enough titles to warrant spending the best part of almost seven hundred pounds on when first released.

Sparda™

I live in Europe too, and UK has higher prices than other countries of Europe. I live in Albania, Southern Europe, and It costs 400 €, way less in € If I buy It in the UK(600 €).

The point is that exclusive games are starting to become non-exclusive, and in that point, X360 will crush itself.

I've owned a x360, and I know how I got screwed by It. I didn't know about the high failure rate that the X360 possesses(33%), compared to that of the PS3(1%).

The damned Ring of Death appeared me lots of times, and I threw the console in the trash.

I hope to buy soon a PS3, because It's for an ultimate gaming experience.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dante Aseroth;79274 said:
The point is that exclusive games are starting to become non-exclusive, and in that point, X360 will crush itself.

Some are appearing on PC but it still has a high number of exclusives for it that are worth the price alone. Failure rate was inexcusably high but mines been going strong for over 2 years and the new chipsets have cut the failure rate.

Sparda™

Dark Drakan;79278 said:
Some are appearing on PC but it still has a high number of exclusives for it that are worth the price alone. Failure rate was inexcusably high but mines been going strong for over 2 years and the new chipsets have cut the failure rate.

I surely don't want to buy an X360 again...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Oh the failure rate of the 360 is phenomenal really - but the sales continue regardless. We had to send ours in recently for repair and now I'm slightly paranoid it'll happen again! But the failure rate will fall rapidly thanks to the new updated models, such as the Falcons.

I don't know if the 360 will crush itself with the lack of exclusivity - I think the fanbase is big enough to cope with multi-platform games. If anything, it gives gamers much more choice in which version of the game to buy. It hasn't harmed it so far when games have been released elsewhere such as the PC...

The PS3 failure rate is much better than the 360 of course - but what has put off people in the UK particularly from buying this console for themselves is the high price tag and lower specs than promised, as well as less titles. The failure rate never really came into play when considering whether to purchase the console or not because it was not the most prevalent attribute.

A reliable console is all well and good but if it doesn't offer what people want then it's a bit pointless shelling out for one.

Sparda™

Angel;79282 said:
Oh the failure rate of the 360 is phenomenal really - but the sales continue regardless. We had to send ours in recently for repair and now I'm slightly paranoid it'll happen again! But the failure rate will fall rapidly thanks to the new updated models, such as the Falcons.

I don't know if the 360 will crush itself with the lack of exclusivity - I think the fanbase is big enough to cope with multi-platform games. If anything, it gives gamers much more choice in which version of the game to buy. It hasn't harmed it so far when games have been released elsewhere such as the PC...

The PS3 failure rate is much better than the 360 of course - but what has put off people in the UK particularly from buying this console for themselves is the high price tag and lower specs than promised, as well as less titles. The failure rate never really came into play when considering whether to purchase the console or not because it was not the most prevalent attribute.

A reliable console is all well and good but if it doesn't offer what people want then it's a bit pointless shelling out for one.

That reality is in the UK.

Japan, NA, Australia and the rest of Europe are liking more what the PS3 offers.

I'd rather buy an expensive, but high-quality console, rather than a cheap failed one.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angel;79282 said:

The main reason that Sony products break is the lasers they use. I have owned 2 playstations and 2 playstations 2's because of the infamous disc read error and now my friends are getting the same problem with their Playstation 3's. Ironically with the high failure rate of 360's ive owned 1 Xbox and 1 Xbox 360 and both still work fine.

Dante Aseroth;79287 said:
I'd rather buy an expensive, but high-quality console, rather than a cheap failed one.

With the amount of games, and biggest selling range of games id hardly call it failed.

Sparda™

Dark Drakan;79309 said:
With the amount of games, and biggest selling range of games id hardly call it failed.

I want a full-working console. The games come after. At least, It is my opinion.

Keaton

Premium
I've had my 360 for a while now and i havent experienced a single problem.

Also, imo, PS3 and Xbox are a peg below Nintendos gaming efforts of late - whom seek to revelutionise the industry rather than squabble over graphical capability.

But even so, the Xbox has exclusive games that are diffrent too, Bioshock for instance, that is a fantastic chilling game - that isnt available on the PS3.

The most laughable fact in regards to the PS3 and Sony is that, as said before, they have shot themsleves in the foot. They are LOSING money with every unit sold. Without a DRAMATIC price drop and decent exclusive games they will not do any better in the UK. The 360 is dramatically cheaper than the PS3, and the PS3 boasts only a few cosmetic changes that don;t really in my eyes justify the price, the Nintendo Wii is dramatically cheaper than the 360 and boasts a new way to play...meh.

Sony need to pull out a big bunny out of the hat to fix this imo (and a cheap and poorly designed motion sensitive controller isnt what will do it)
@_@

Sparda™

Sony really doesn't care if the UK market won't appreciate its console. The Japanese, North American, Australian and European(excluding UK) have accepted the PS3 as a must-have console.

I have to say something for the electronic market in general in the UK. It is very very expensive!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Keaton;79437 said:
Nintendo Wii is dramatically cheaper than the 360 and boasts a new way to play...meh.

Not anymore it isnt, the 360 recently had a price drop.

Dante Aseroth;79438 said:
Sony really doesn't care if the UK market won't appreciate its console. The Japanese, North American, Australian and European(excluding UK) have accepted the PS3 as a must-have console.

Thats just it, Sony doesnt care about the UK and Europe and that annoys me. We are the last to get updates to the PSN here, our content is much lower than everywhere else and Sony thought nothing of making us wait 6 months for the PS3 then giving us a downgraded model.

Top Bottom