• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your OTP (One True Pairing): Show it off!

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
This has been bugging me for a while but...is Lightning a hell of a lot taller then Cloud? I never had a chance to compare but after seeing them in Duodecim which I never had a chance to play much to my dismay (PSP broke *cries*) i never had a chance to compare. I just remember Cloud being a cute little small thing lol.

And after seeing Lightning paired with Dante, my likability for her shot up like crazy. Maybe I just wished that her a Snow hooked up. God that'd work out perfectly.

I can't pick one pairing but if I had to choose, I'd pick Squall x Bartz. From what I saw in Dissidia, I remember enjoying their interactions with each other.

I'd name more that I like but alas, I could only pick one :,(

EDIT: That's Snow!? Holy crap he looks awesome! If he was playable I'd buy that game in a heartbeat *hugs her favorite FF13 character*

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: Midna & Link.
We get teased often throughout The Legend of Zelda games; in Ocarina of Time, Saria, Malon, Zelda, and Ruto were considered love interests of Link - well, Ruto was more of a forced love interest, but you get the idea. I mean, you had your childhood friend, your cute, happy, country girl, the princess and probably star-crossed lover, and the psychopath - hey, some people say crazy equals sexy. In Wind Waker, it was implied that Link and Tetra had a thing going on between them. Spirit Tracks and Minish Cap had Zelda being more direct with Link. Link's Awakening implied Marin developed feelings for Link. It wasn't until Skyward Sword where it was obvious that Link and Zelda held mutual feelings for each other; that scene with the crystal hurts, man. In Twilight Princess, Link and Ilia were childhood friends. While Link knew Ilia for a longer time than Midna, Link and Ilia just spent their lives together normally. Link and Midna, however, went through more compared to Link and Ilia. The whole game revolves around Link and Midna trying to save two worlds and stop Ganondorf. What's going to create more friction and test relationships more: daily life or stressful situations? That's why, personally, I feel that Link and Midna had something going between the two in Twilight Princess. Picture's sad, but I couldn't find something that felt "right" with Link and Midna.
Midna-and-Link-the-legend-of-zelda-33803047-333-500.jpg

Final Fantasy Type-0: Sice & Seven. If you played the game, you'll know why; if you haven't, play it or spoil the ending - I recommend playing a game rather than spoiling it. It's funny and well, they seem cute together.

Sweet:
midnight_show_by_tutchangers-d4i7t2e.jpg

Funny:
in_response_by_terra7-d4h75o7.jpg

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn: Ike & Meat. We all know that Ike loves meat. Meat to him is sweet, succulent, juicy, and damn good. Just look at him go:
How_To_Catch_An_Ike_by_bean93.jpg

By extension, Ike loves Sena Kashiwazaki then, right? Might explain why Priam is "special".
Kashiwazaki.Sena.full.904766.jpg

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
This has been bugging me for a while but...is Lightning a hell of a lot taller then Cloud? I never had a chance to compare but after seeing them in Duodecim which I never had a chance to play much to my dismay (PSP broke *cries*) i never had a chance to compare. I just remember Cloud being a cute little small thing lol.

And after seeing Lightning paired with Dante, my likability for her shot up like crazy. Maybe I just wished that her a Snow hooked up. God that'd work out perfectly.

I can't pick one pairing but if I had to choose, I'd pick Squall x Bartz. From what I saw in Dissidia, I remember enjoying their interactions with each other.

I'd name more that I like but alas, I could only pick one :,(

EDIT: That's Snow!? Holy crap he looks awesome! If he was playable I'd buy that game in a heartbeat *hugs her favorite FF13 character*
Cloud and Lightning actually have the same height of 5'7", which is around my height too. But Cloud is a bit taller than Lightning by 2 cm. But I don't get why the Dissidia 012 in-game renders of them AKA MMD renders of them made by NiladTheRogue have Lightning shorter than Cloud.
Check Cloud's and Lightning's FF Wiki articles to see what I mean.
Cloud is around 5'7" (173 cm)
Lightning is around 5'7" (171 cm)
A little difference despite the same height, see?

If I pair Lightning with Dante, that's like the Lightning x Snow pairing. After seeing the pic of Dante and Snow and Lightning reminding Dante of Snow, I can see similarities (both are campy cowboys, but Snow is more reckless than Dante) and uncanny resemblances between them (when I saw that pic, they almost look alike). She punch Dante like she did on Snow, but it will have little effect on him.

Not liking same-sex pairings, but I see Squall and Bartz as friends/comrades. In Dissidia (the 13th cycle and even on the 12th with Vaan), Squall is with Bartz and Zidane canonically. As what Squall said, he felt like they were helping each other even when separated. But Bartz x Squall (V x VIII) is not a bad pairing if you ask me, SugarMoon; whatever floats your boat. :)

Yep. That is Snow. He kinda looks like Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts too in a sense, not just Nero or Dante (more on Nero in terms of personality due to being broken and it's quite a coincidence Troy Baker, Snow's VA, voices the broken character from Bioshock Infinite; maybe he can use his BI character's personality for Snow in LR?). And it's the first time I've seen Snow wield a weapon. In FFXIII, he uses his fists powered by an AMP-powered emblem on the back of his coat; in FFXIII-2, he uses his fists regularly. Now in LR, he wields a large mace made with a crystal, maybe from the crystallized Cocoon? And he's a governor-general too.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: Midna & Link.
We get teased often throughout The Legend of Zelda games; in Ocarina of Time, Saria, Malon, Zelda, and Ruto were considered love interests of Link - well, Ruto was more of a forced love interest, but you get the idea. I mean, you had your childhood friend, your cute, happy, country girl, the princess and probably star-crossed lover, and the psychopath - hey, some people say crazy equals sexy. In Wind Waker, it was implied that Link and Tetra had a thing going on between them. Spirit Tracks and Minish Cap had Zelda being more direct with Link. Link's Awakening implied Marin developed feelings for Link. It wasn't until Skyward Sword where it was obvious that Link and Zelda held mutual feelings for each other; that scene with the crystal hurts, man. In Twilight Princess, Link and Ilia were childhood friends. While Link knew Ilia for a longer time than Midna, Link and Ilia just spent their lives together normally. Link and Midna, however, went through more compared to Link and Ilia. The whole game revolves around Link and Midna trying to save two worlds and stop Ganondorf. What's going to create more friction and test relationships more: daily life or stressful situations? That's why, personally, I feel that Link and Midna had something going between the two in Twilight Princess. Picture's sad, but I couldn't find something that felt "right" with Link and Midna.
Midna-and-Link-the-legend-of-zelda-33803047-500-750.jpg

Final Fantasy Type-0: Sice & Seven. If you played the game, you'll know why; if you haven't, play it or spoil the ending - I recommend playing a game rather than spoiling it. It's funny and well, they seem cute together.

Sweet:
midnight_show_by_tutchangers-d4i7t2e.jpg

Funny:
in_response_by_terra7-d4h75o7.jpg
Never played some Zelda, but I think Link x Zelda is canon. Got nothing on your pairing. It's rather nice.

I'll look into FF Type-0, especially that pairing. From what I've seen, I've seen some fans ship Seven with Nine.
Never played Type-0 before, but I will go for Machina x Rem as well! But I need to play Type-0 to believe it! Is there a patched version of Type-0 anywhere?

Back on topic, Can't help but looking at Seven; she looks a lot like Lightning. Like Light, Seven's skirt has shorts under it.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Dang it Path of Radiance. That reminds me of another couple I liked:

Oscar x Tanith

Their support convos were cute. I wished their relationship was developed in Radiant Dawn. ( Did they have one in Radiant Dawn? It's been so long I don't seem to remember.)

I'm replaying PoR now. Oscar's kicking so much butt right now. That's right my domesticated warrior. Tear them down. It's so satisfying >:3

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Cloud and Lightning actually have the same height of 5'7", which is around my height too. But Cloud is a bit taller than Lightning by 2 cm. But I don't get why the Dissidia 012 in-game renders of them AKA MMD renders of them made by NiladTheRogue have Lightning shorter than Cloud.
Check Cloud's and Lightning's FF Wiki articles to see what I mean.
Cloud is around 5'7" (173 cm)
Lightning is around 5'7" (171 cm)
A little difference despite the same height, see?

If I pair Lightning with Dante, that's like the Lightning x Snow pairing. After seeing the pic of Dante and Snow and Lightning reminding Dante of Snow, I can see similarities (both are campy cowboys, but Snow is more reckless than Dante) and uncanny resemblances between them (when I saw that pic, they almost look alike). She punch Dante like she did on Snow, but it will have little effect on him.

Not liking same-sex pairings, but I see Squall and Bartz as friends/comrades. In Dissidia (the 13th cycle and even on the 12th with Vaan), Squall is with Bartz and Zidane canonically. As what Squall said, he felt like they were helping each other even when separated. But Bartz x Squall (V x VIII) is not a bad pairing if you ask me, SugarMoon; whatever floats your boat. :)

Yep. That is Snow. He kinda looks like Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts too in a sense, not just Nero or Dante (more on Nero in terms of personality due to being broken and it's quite a coincidence Troy Baker, Snow's VA, voices the broken character from Bioshock Infinite; maybe he can use his BI character's personality for Snow in LR?). And it's the first time I've seen Snow wield a weapon. In FFXIII, he uses his fists powered by an AMP-powered emblem on the back of his coat; in FFXIII-2, he uses his fists regularly. Now in LR, he wields a large mace made with a crystal, maybe from the crystallized Cocoon? And he's a governor-general too.

Never played some Zelda, but I think Link x Zelda is canon. Got nothing on your pairing. It's rather nice.

I'll look into FF Type-0, especially that pairing. From what I've seen, I've seen some fans ship Seven with Nine.
Never played Type-0 before, but I will go for Machina x Rem as well! But I need to play Type-0 to believe it! Is there a patched version of Type-0 anywhere?

Back on topic, Can't help but looking at Seven; she looks a lot like Lightning. Like Light, Seven's skirt has shorts under it.

Wow, he does look like Marluxia, just blonde lol. Their so similar it hurts XD. And thanks for the info too.

I hope I didn't ruin any images of how you view Squall btw. I know a lot of people don't like it when their favorite character is paired with the same sex you know? I can see how it would irritate some people.

If it makes you feel better, I'm also a fan of Squall x Rinoa too x3

See? I have trouble picking just one -_-

Sorry for the double post. Using an iPad to type is a bitch and a half I tell ya

MigsRZXAStylish

EDIT

Wow, he does look like Marluxia, just blonde lol. Their so similar it hurts XD. And thanks for the info too.

I hope I didn't ruin any images of how you view Squall btw. I know a lot of people don't like it when their favorite character is paired with the same sex you know? I can see how it would irritate some people.

If it makes you feel better, I'm also a fan of Squall x Rinoa too x3

See? I have trouble picking just one -_-
No worries. I don't mind or care about people liking things I don't. Remember this vid:
It applies to all people here in general. It's okay to dislike things. If anyone doesn't like what anybody else does, then don't be dick about it!
However, certain fantards' behavior makes me become one! >.< *watches video again and again*

MigsRZXAStylish

Pffftt..everyone knows the best pairing is my d*ck and my left hand. Lefty satisfies the D as the D gives lefty a purpose of being there since righty does everything else.

They complete each other...........until the rest of the body starts picking up girls and getting laid then Lefty looses purposes and commits suicide.
LOL. I get what you mean there, SN! That 'pairing' is also one of my favs, Although it takes two hands for me; so it's a 'threesome'! :lol:

And that 'pairing'/'threesome' was destroyed by the last part of what you've said. You crack me up there! :lol:

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger

Link and Zelda being a canon relationship is usually true, but it some cases it just seems off. Link meets Zelda and teams up with her for the final battle in Twilight Princess, that's pretty much their relationship in that game. Link even returns to his village, Ordon, with Ilia and Midna seals the only known gate between their worlds. So how Link ends up with Zelda in that game is up in the air. Skyward Sword is obvious right off the bat about their relationship. Zelda wasn't involved in Link's Awakening I'm pretty sure. Same thing with Oracle of Ages and Seasons where Link spent his time with the oracles Nayru and Din. Link spent some time with Zelda/Tetra after Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks had Link and Zelda being close despite their social standings; Link was a blacksmith's son/engineer and Zelda was the princess. A Link to the Past, the Original Zelda, and Zelda II which continued where the first The Legend of Zelda left off had the rescue the princess type of story between them. I don't know about Four Swords, though. Link Between Worlds, the new game, is supposedly set after A Link to the Past, so it might be like Zelda II. Similarly Majora's Mask continues (child) Link's timeline where Link and Zelda grow up together - sort of. Before that, Ocarina of Time, the prequel to Majora's Mask, had potential suitors: Saria, Ruto, Malon, and Zelda, but Zelda becomes the main love interest for Link.

Basically, though they are incarnations or reincarnations of the original lovers (beginning in Skyward Sword), that doesn't mean they'll be lovers forever. Who knows, maybe we'll get a story where Link is the brother or cousin to Zelda, or even parental relations where Link must save his daughter/mother Zelda; cool, a The Legend of Zelda version of Nier. The incarnations of Link and Zelda hold their spirits, not everything about them. I guess it's like how the Avatar works in Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra; each avatar shares the same spirit, but different bodies, mindsets, and abilities.

Sice and Seven being paired together is due to an unfortunate or fortunate, depending on how you see it, situation that occurred to them. Basically Sice is kind of shy and Seven is "curious". I think it's implied Machina and Rem like each other; I don't know the full story. Another situation involves Cater and Eight and it might be implied that one if not both of them have feelings for each other. Nine actually has a thing for a teacher, but said teacher is already in a relationship with - WHAT A TWIST - Izana, Machina's older brother. Seven apparently acts like the "team mom" and is strict with good intentions. No wonder she's paired with Nine, the delinquent. You heard it guys: girls like bad boys.

As for Light and Seven looking like each other. Sisters I tell you. Cross game-universe sisters.
christmas_2011_by_tutchangers-d4k5bvc.jpg

Did I mention that Light and Seven are acrobatic in combat? Both flip, pirouette, etc. On the other hand, Sice does Ryu Hayabusa's patented, badass, awesome ninja dash.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I've been denying my true OTP for far too long.

I've secretly kept it a secret for like, the entirety of this thread.

FANG AND LIGHTNING.

That Fangrai (Who the **** came up with that name) and FLight (That is really cute)

And if you don't like it:

I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP.

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
Tyrion and Shae.
'nuff said.

Can't wait for Sansa to pitch something like 'he's more than half the man you could ever be' to Joffrey.
Come on, Sansa, DOOOOO EEEEEEET.
Would be epic.
Would also be an epic fail if they DON'T do something like that. The potential is there.
Though...what am I saying? GoT is brilliant as is.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I'm also obsessed with that Vanille x Lightning.

And before you say: "What the ever living ****?"

This pairing could in fact work. I just finished reading this top-notch fanfiction that was like 19+ chapters in one night, and I nearly sobbed at the end of it.

wdRtaBx.gif

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I'm also obsessed with that Vanille x Lightning.

And before you say: "What the ever living ****?"

This pairing could in fact work. I just finished reading this top-notch fanfiction that was like 19+ chapters in one night, and I nearly sobbed at the end of it.

Have you seen the pictures on deviantart, some of which I put in the "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII" thread? Anyway, there are tons of pairings that might surprise or sicken some people - Hope & Light. Fire Emblem tends to do this with people arguing over which pairing is true. It's made worse when about pretty every pair could work out. There are Snow & Lightning fanfics and they do deal with both having guilt for betraying Serah and Snow having lingering feelings for Serah. Ever thought of Lebreau & Light? Yeah, it can work out. There was this fanfic on Super Smash Bros. and Samus ended up with Meta Knight. Let's just say it's funny and plausible; Samus was this person who everyone deemed beautiful and strong and Meta Knight was pretty much the aloof and (in the fanfic) awkward. Samus may have been wearing the pants in the relationship, but hey, some relationships are like that. I think there was a fanfic where Sheik and Zelda ended up separating as two people. Zelda & Link were obvious, but Sheik had feelings for someone else; I think it was Ike. Sheik wanted her own life and her own freedom. Zelda I think was used to sharing a body with Sheik. Hope & Vanille works for many people since they are much closer (physically) age-wise; Hope was 14 in XIII and Vanille was 19. Yes, 19. You'd think she was 16 or something.

Snow & Lightning. It can feel so right, but it's so wrong (to Serah).
commission___snow_lightning_by_redsama-d34secz.png

Sheik & Ike. Yes, Ike, Sheik is beautiful under that scarf.
Ike_and_Sheik_by_Sui_yumeshima.png

For funsies: Peach & Fox. Poor Fox.
Easter_2008_by_NinaUsagi.jpg

Since we're on Final Fantasy... Fran & Balthier. It's implied through their interactions and the ending that there might be something going on between the two. That, or they're just platonic lifelong friends. Official art by the way.
FFXII-BalthierFran_conceptColored.jpg

Top Bottom