• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Meh, DMC4 Dante was a little stale but that's likely because he was shoe-horned in (evidence being the backtracking for him) But either way he was fine in my book. I don't see him as trying to act cool rather then just being cartoony and wacky as he was in the previous game. Someone trying to act cool would be some D Bag flipping the bird, chugging a 40 oz while drilling some poorly pixelated strippers on screen and making terrible name puns "Hey succubus! Suck on this!" Cowboy boots? Oh come on, what are you Joan Rivers?
tumblr_llavvrkvLE1qbu7b1o1_500.gif

But all things considered he got things done just like every other Dante. His plan to tackle the savior from both ends worked in the end. He was almost sure Nero wasn't going to die in there because he fought the kid twice already and can see hes got more than what it takes to get it done. DMC1 Dante is still my favorite Dante but that wont change the fact that DMC1 Dante was in DMC1 only. DMC2 Dante was probably to closest to DMC1 imo. He was a tad more serious but the guy was cocky as all hell. Seems like he could afford to be more of a troll since he could just breeze through everything now and be less worry some. The moment I saw him say "Showtime!" was when I knew Dante was still in there somewhere.

I rank them as such DMC1 Dante>DMC3 Dante>DMC2 Dante=DMC4 Dante>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the thorax on a cockroach>>>> that talking skid mark in DmC. A mix between DMC1 and 3 would be great for a DMC5

IncarnatedDemon

Once a stranger came up to me and said "Hey i like dmc1 dante most, and my second favorite is dmc4 dante!". And i said "Wow that's just like my favorites too!". Then before we could become friends the stranger disappeared.
Later i found out that it was my future self who had traveled from future to tell myself this important message. I found out later that knowing your favorite and second favorite Dantes would determine the fate of the world.

/// True story.

Last edited:

AlastorSword

Once a stranger came up to me and said "Hey i like dmc1 dante most, and my second favorite is dmc4 dante!". And i said "Wow that's just like my favorites too!". Then before we could become friends the stranger disappeared.
Later i found out that it was my future self who had traveled from future to tell myself this important message. I found out later that knowing your your favorite and second favorite Dante's would determine the fate of the world.

/// True story.
KvNcmKvugcxl9Y9PYeiGi1zRIXmUrAsevRKXyOQaEANTGhuleVFH4IYDxQ90719fTQKA1dmo6Q=s640-h400-e365

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Meh, DMC4 Dante was a little stale but that's likely because he was shoe-horned in (evidence being the backtracking for him) But either way he was fine in my book. I don't see him as trying to act cool rather then just being cartoony and wacky as he was in the previous game. Someone trying to act cool would be some D Bag flipping the bird, chugging a 40 oz while drilling some poorly pixelated strippers on screen and making terrible name puns "Hey succubus! Suck on this!" Cowboy boots? Oh come on, what are you Joan Rivers?
tumblr_llavvrkvLE1qbu7b1o1_500.gif

But all things considered he got things done just like every other Dante. His plan to tackle the savior from both ends worked in the end. He was almost sure Nero wasn't going to die in there because he fought the kid twice already and can see hes got more than what it takes to get it done. DMC1 Dante is still my favorite Dante but that wont change the fact that DMC1 Dante was in DMC1 only. DMC2 Dante was probably to closest to DMC1 imo. He was a tad more serious but the guy was cocky as all hell. Seems like he could afford to be more of a troll since he could just breeze through everything now and be less worry some. The moment I saw him say "Showtime!" was when I knew Dante was still in there somewhere.

I rank them as such DMC1 Dante>DMC3 Dante>DMC2 Dante=DMC4 Dante>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the thorax on a cockroach>>>> that talking skid mark in DmC. A mix between DMC1 and 3 would be great for a DMC5

Dude you can like whoever you want to. I don't give a rat's ass. I still say DMC4 Dante was garbage. Period.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The worst part is that they shoe horned him in just because they either knew that without Dante it wouldn't have been as good, or they had very low hope in Nero being the protagonist which says a lot about their characterization skills.
And Nero wasn't even that different from Dante overall. Attitude and appearance. He was seriously just pointless and they did nothing with him. All he really introduced were those moves with his demon arm. That's pretty much it. Those moves could have just been given to Dante somehow.

I seriously don't understand why people would want to praise such a lazy game. They couldn't even make Nero look different. Back then, I seriously thought Nero was just Dante with a different coat the first time he was revealed. Thought we were gonna dive back in his younger days a bit more or something.

IncarnatedDemon

People aren't praising the lazy behaviour but seeing potential or things in a character that others don't. We all value different things in a character.
To me Dante was always playful and kind, which is exactly what dmc4Dante was.

Lady: Peaceful worship can’t be condemned. But the real problem is the Order. Lately they’ve been running amok, catching demons and have even butted in on some of my jobs.

Dante: Hmm, maybe they’re starting a zoo.

Lady: Not just demons. They’ve also been targeting devil arms, like the ones you have.

Dante: Okay then, a museum. So what?

The only thing i would change by dmc4dante is his clothes, and polish him a little more. But aside from that there is not much i would change.

DragonMaster2010

And Nero wasn't even that different from Dante overall. Attitude and appearance. He was seriously just pointless and they did nothing with him. All he really introduced were those moves with his demon arm. That's pretty much it. Those moves could have just been given to Dante somehow.

I seriously don't understand why people would want to praise such a lazy game. They couldn't even make Nero look different. Back then, I seriously thought Nero was just Dante with a different coat the first time he was revealed. Thought we were gonna dive back in his younger days a bit more or something.

Ironically when I first got into DMC and saw the cover for DMC4, I assumed Dante was a whole other character and Nero was a younger Vergil fighting against this mysterious red coated guy.

I actually would've liked it if Nero looked more like his older designs.
452640.jpg

At least I'd be more reminded of Vergil and hell, DMC4 could've been about Vergil younger.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Meh, DMC4 Dante was a little stale but that's likely because he was shoe-horned in (evidence being the backtracking for him).

Well, I don't know, DMC3 had a lot of backtracking too. And the Temen-Ni-Gru all the time, as well... man. Then, as the final mission, fight all previous bosses again (granted, DMC4 had that too). Maybe DMC4 had a bit more, but I felt like DMC3 was almost as bad. It just had a better excuse for the backtracking... I think. Like ''get back to where you came from before your health is fully drained''.

DragonMaster2010

Well, I don't know, DMC3 had a lot of backtracking too. And the Temen-Ni-Gru all the time, as well... man. Then, as the final mission, fight all previous bosses again (granted, DMC4 had that too). Maybe DMC4 had a bit more, but I felt like DMC3 was almost as bad. It just had a better excuse for the backtracking... I think. Like ''get back to where you came from before your health is fully drained''.

But the difference is that with DMC3, I didn't go all the way back to the beginning.

DMC3: Go all the way to the top, get knocked down, clime all the way back up with all the demonic crap changing the tower when going back up again.

DMC4: Go all the way forward through castles, forest, and a tower...now do it all again in reverse.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought dmc4 Dante was awesome but he was a little immature but in a funny way I would have changed the trousers in his outfit but left the rest I just wish they would make dmc5 and give us an older Dante a mix of him in dmc4 and dmc1 and set it after dmc2 so he is insane powerful but give him all his styles and moves with new ones and add stuff to his majin for and let him access it anytime not just at near death

AlastorSword

Yeah that's true and all but I guess it just felt more comfortable because it was one giant castle like DMC1. If DMC4 had conditions like Dante's forest stage, people probably would have been more comfortable with it. Truth be told it really didn't bother because Bloody Palace made up for a lot of it imo.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I thought dmc4 Dante was awesome but he was a little immature but in a funny way I would have changed the trousers in his outfit but left the rest I just wish they would make dmc5 and give us an older Dante a mix of him in dmc4 and dmc1 and set it after dmc2 so he is insane powerful but give him all his styles and moves with new ones and add stuff to his majin for and let him access it anytime not just at near death

Make him unstoppable is what your asking them to do lol im cool with it though so long as i get vergil or nero

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's not the same. The backtracking we're talking about in the older DMCs was just kinda your typical old school gaming trope. Which was basically going back and forth in the same general areas in order to find a couple of things that if mated together would give birth to progress.

DMC 4 literally just copies and pastes the first half of the game just in reverse order with really nothing changed. Even the enemies that were designed more so for Nero. And that whole chess BS that comes up not once but TWICE (second time worse) is all just proof of how lazy they were.

They didn't make a full game at all. Every chance they got, they cut a corner and it was all just so artificially lengthened.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
It's not the same. The backtracking we're talking about in the older DMCs was just kinda your typical old school gaming trope. Which was basically going back and forth in the same general areas in order to find a couple of things that if mated together would give birth to progress.

DMC 4 literally just copies and pastes the first half of the game just in reverse order with really nothing changed. Even the enemies that were designed more so for Nero. And that whole chess BS that comes up not once but TWICE (second time worse) is all just proof of how lazy they were.

They didn't make a full game at all. Every chance they got, they cut a corner and it was all just so artificially lengthened.

unfortunately i have to agree with this the backtracking was absolutely horrendus:9 and im a die hard dmc4 fan but when they make another game i dont wanna see one hint of back tracking at all. i mean look at dmc3 perfect example of acceptable back tracking you were in the same area but everything was changed and no one said **** lol

Top Bottom