• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

XBOX720(lol) may have always online DRM?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I'm a proud xbox owner, though I'm not so sure about this new console...

The name its self makes me think of cowboys...

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm a proud xbox owner, though I'm not so sure about this new console...

The name its self makes me think of cowboys...

Hasnt actually been given a proper name yet, just a code name & they are silly sounding 90% of the time. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Consoles are heading down the route of closer resembling their PC cousins & always on online wouldnt be the end of the world (personally I am always connected already). More games could be designed with a persistent changing world & I would say the platforms would in a sense become more open. As it could cut piracy so Microsoft could afford to open their network a little & maybe start to add mods as the always on online could sense if someone had done anything untoward. They have said they are aware that people have connection issues & currently the system is rumoured to bring up the connection error wizard after 3 minutes of no connection but its also rumoured that this will likely be changed anyway. Most of the conversation between Adam & Manveer was them trolling each other...

This was just the normal daily back and forth I have with Manveer. Apologies for offending non-cities. I was trolling him personally," a sentiment backed up by Heir himself. "Let me say he's one of the good guys and cut him some slack please" was Heirs final statement.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
iZ4Xc7uzxvJUA.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Just heard about this. So I guess it pretty much confrims the almost forced online connection for playing. >_< I also can't believe this guy says that as an employee of Microsoft. They'd better do PR damage control. I've seen a lot fo angry replies already. Rightly so in my opinion. Not eveyone is lucky to have firberoptic fast internet...and even then it cuts out from time to time.

Terrutas

We told you PC is master race.
You didn't listen.
We warned you.
>:3

Nah, I'm kidding. But the console market looks like it's going to crash just like 1983, it's going downhill and it's going real fast. :<

Onecrazymonkey1

Well if this happens it's pretty unfair. No one should have to have online to play a single player game. I recently started to get into PC gaming but I still play on my 360 from time to time and I was definitely going to purchase the new one. Now I don't really have a need to if they do this. I think it's such a shame, because although I have online right now, there are times when I've had to cut it off before just so I can get by and make ends meet. Hell, even when I do play online I still loose connection and it ****es me off; especially when I'm am paying for high seep cable..

I don't see how they're going to be making a profit if they do this.

Terrutas

PC Master race HA! Nothing like a PC that can get more viruses than Pamela anderson LOL jk.

Seriously though i prefer something that takes up less space & doesn't require me to feed a network connection each month just to play it.
Something i can turn on & enjoy regardless if my internet is on or off.
Well, not all games require internet.

Plus we can emulate PS1,2, and every old-generation console! :3

ZeroLove

Selling the same game twice? If you already have the game for your PS3, then why would you want it for PS4? No one says that when you buy the PS4 you HAVE to throw out your PS3! Keep the goddamn PS3 so you can play the games for that, and the same goes with your old Xbox!

Back in the day, before PS2 and Xbox, there was nothing called "backwards compatible" on consoles.

Gaflima

Son of no one.
I hate rumors and now I'm just waiting until Microsoft say something. Nobody knows about the next Xbox but them:
Durango: 'Always-online' not required, 360 BC provided via add-on - report

Always-online internet connection and will work in tandem with a new Xbox 360 add-on for backwards compatibility.

That's according to VGLeaks, citing a source as saying that the console will have always-online functionality, but the lack of connection will not prevent users from playing local content, and it will also not prevent the use of second-hand games.

This comes in direct contrast to previous controversial rumours which have suggested all content on the new console will be locked without a live connection to the internet.
VGLeaks reports that those rumours are actually likely linked to the new 'reoriented' Xbox 360, which it says will be a small device pitched as a cheap - around $149 or lower - set-top media box with added 360 and XBLA game support to compete with Apple TV.
Interestingly, the report claims this new Xbox 360 "is likely to not" have its own disc drive, and all content will need to be downloaded digitally. However, connecting it directly with Durango will allow users to play disc-based Xbox 360 games on their Durango console with the help of the add-on Xbox.
"Putting in an Xbox 360 disc into Durango will prompt the user to attach the supporting device that is sold separately. By separating the two devices and their functions it will ensure price competitiveness for both pieces of hardware," says the report.
Multiple recent reports have claimed that Microsoft's original plan to unveil its next console at the end of April - as first reported by CVG - has been shifted to an event in May.
VGLeaks corroborates, saying the delay was due to Microsoft "not having a physical set of devices to show" and "specification changes".
www.computerandvideogames.com/400389/durango-always-online-not-required-360-bc-provided-via-add-on-report/

ZeroLove

I understand what you're saying & i agree however it's a matter of convenience.
There are PS3, PS2, & yup PSOne, as well as old regularXbox & 360 games people enjoy playing. You're right you don't have to throw away any of your old systems & i plan on buying another PS3 or two.
However those systems won't last forever.
2. When they breakdown how long before Sony, microsoft stops making repairs if you have to send it to them.
3. How much room having 360, PS3, PS4, 720 do you think that takes up.

As i said i agree with you but it's more convenient having systems that's able to play games of old as well as next gen games.

That's what emulators are for then. ^^
A question though... Why would you buy more PS3's?

Super90sgamer

Microsoft creative director Adam Orth is reported to have left the company.

Microsoft later took steps to distance itself from Orth's "inappropriate" comments, issuing a statement saying "we apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers."

"We are very sorry if this offended anyone, however we have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
So many rumors. Goodness, I really don't know what to believe anymore. I'm not really an Xbox kinda girl but I hope for the fans sake that this always online stuff is false. That sounded like a horrible idea the moment that statement surfaced.

IncarnatedDemon

It seems companies are trying to be like "First one to be release games on PS4/Xbox 720" = money!

I wonder what companies will focus on PS3 even if PS4 is around.

I know PG isnt going to be first ones at developing next gen games
And Rockstar said "The best games are often the last", and i kinda like hearing that.

So i am going to be scouting for awesome games for PS3.
People may think "ITs PS3s end!", but it may just be PS3/Xbox360's best periode (end of their lifecycle).

Because the people developing the last games for them may be working harder than usual.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I think the next gen will be much easier to develop for as they are getting closer to PC's under the hood & doing partnerships with PC tech companies (nVidia/Radeon etc). I hope Sony have learnt lessons from the PS3 about its development tools.

I dont think the 'always online' will be as intrusive as people are saying if it does indeed become a feature & from what I was reading the other day it will be down to the developers of each title if they want the game to have the feature.

Always-online new Xbox 'not as draconian as many believe' - report

Plus another report...

Next Xbox Rumors – Always-Online DRM Up To Publishers, DVR-Like Capabilities, and More

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Well at least its optional rather developers want that feature or not. Out of curiosity though, what are the benefits of having an online all the time feature anyway? Whenever I hear that SimCity comes to mind and that left me thinking nothing good could come out of it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well at least its optional rather developers want that feature or not. Out of curiosity though, what are the benefits of having an online all the time feature anyway? Whenever I hear that SimCity comes to mind and that left me thinking nothing good could come out of it.

Added another link in my post with some features that are meant to use it.

Top Bottom