• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

XBOX720(lol) may have always online DRM?

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Added another link in my post with some features that are meant to use it.
Thanks man, appreciate it. I'm a little more open about the idea now. It sounds really interesting actually. Being able to record your own gameplay footage and upload it sounds like a really good feature. I heard the PS4 is able to do that too but don't quote me on that though. I'm gonna look more into this. Thanks again man ;)

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm open to the idea if it has benefits, not just a silly DRM measure. Making it easier to be more social and access more ways to share things/interact would suit me fine. Be much easier to upload gaming videos from consoles to forums then. Also like the idea of submitting feedback/bug reports to developers on the fly & ability to add Achievements to a title post-launch without having to be included in DLC.

IncarnatedDemon

I'm open to the idea if it has benefits, not just a silly DRM measure. Making it easier to be more social and access more ways to share things/interact would suit me fine. Be much easier to upload gaming videos from consoles to forums then. Also like the idea of submitting feedback/bug reports to developers on the fly.
But you can do all that even with a console that lets u turn off the internet.

IF u want sent bug report. Activate internet connection. Write report and send it. Turn of internet
If u want to talk to friends, turn on internet, talk to peoplem, turn it off.
OR better yet talk to ur friends who u know on Skype.

I hate the idea of a console becoming a social media device.

Dark Drakan

Admin
But you can do all that even with a console that lets u turn off the internet.

IF u want sent bug report. Activate internet connection. Write report and send it. Turn of internet
If u want to talk to friends, turn on internet, talk to peoplem, turn it off.
OR better yet talk to ur friends who u know on Skype.

I hate the idea of a console becoming a social media device.

On PC yeah but if I could record video instantly and share it straight away from console to support website/Twitter page it would save a lot if time & need for extra software & peripherals. Also I'm not talking interacting by speaking as I never bother to have txt conversations on consoles as takes too long to type without extra keyboard. I'm talking about the ease of instantly sharing achievements/flag game beacons to friends on social networks to join game without getting phone/laptop out & sharing videos on social networks/websites. I want a more social experience without need to have multiple devices/software & need to upload everything to computer to do so.

IncarnatedDemon

On PC yeah but if I could record video instantly and share it straight away from console to support website/Twitter page it would save a lot if time. Also I'm not talking interacting by speaking as I never bother to have txt conversations on consoles as takes too long to type without extra keyboard. I'm talking about the ease of instantly sharing achievements/flag game beacons to friends on social networks to join game without getting phone/laptop out & sharing videos on social networks/websites. I want a more social experience without need to have multiple devices to do so.
Instead of adding such function to console, they should make a seperate device for that.

So that those who wants to easily upload their videos through console can plug their "ShareDevice" to console and then upload it to Youtube or whatever.

I like the idea. But again i dont trust companies. They speak of big words, but at end of day they douchebags.
And having a feature that i dont use much is just pointless. Hence why i think they should make a separate device for such function.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Instead of adding such function to console, they should make a seperate device for that.

So that those who wants to easily upload their videos through console can plug their "ShareDevice" to console and then upload it to Youtube or whatever.

I like the idea. But again i dont trust companies. They speak of big words, but at end of day they douchebags.
And having a feature that i dont use much is just pointless. Hence why i think they should make a separate device for such function.

That's just it, I don't want to have to spend cash on another device to move things around. I could do that on a USB stick from and to console but can't be bothered with all the faff. I'd rather be instantly able to do it to and from console.

IncarnatedDemon

That's just it, I don't want to have to spend cash on another device to move things around. I could do that on a USB stick from and to console but can't be bothered with all the faff. I'd rather be instantly able to do it to and from console.
I respect that. But here is the issue:

Will these console producers respect your need and mine as well?

Which is why i say i dont trust them. They will go with the easy option, which is listen to ur need but ignore mine.

But if i know that this feature or program thats on console that i dont use doesnt affect my use of the console, that is slowing it down, or something then i wouldnt mind it.

Or if it takes up space or something. I know i got a smart phone with tons of apps i dont use!
TONS!
:p

But if the company makes it so that my need and yours is respected, then i will be happy.

My need is: Dont add something i cant remove or may affect my main use of the console.
Like perhaps they can give you PS4 without the "Video uploading" program. And then tell u "If anyone wants the Video uploading program u can find it on Playstation network for free".

That way someone like me who might not use it will go "Thanks for giving me a choice :)".
And someone like u will go "Awesome i just need to download it once!".

Dark Drakan

Admin
From what I've been reading all of the options I've listed would be optional extras which could be turned on or off. All of them are still merely rumours and speculation currently but lots seem to be built around choice. Even the current rumour about giving developers their own choices to add the always online features. I doubt any would add them without thinking about if they can benefit customers. They wouldn't want to alienate their own fanbases as we are paying for their product.

IncarnatedDemon

From what I've been reading all of the options I've listed would be optional extras which could be turned on or off. All of them are still merely rumours and speculation currently but lots seem to be built around choice. Even the current rumour about giving developers their own choices to add the always online features. I doubt any would add them without thinking about if they can benefit customers. They wouldn't want to alienate their own fanbases as we are paying for their product.
But do we know how much space these functions that we dont want will take?

Such as the function to activate block used games or activate online 24/7.

Perhaps if we know we can determine if it's a major or minor issue.
I dont want a 4 Gigabyte of program in my console that benefits idiot publishers.

Even if such program may never be activated by any publishers, it's like having I.E on your pc but u never use it. And this is more important when u consider if the program uses alot of space or not.

If the consquence of me having a PS4 that has no such function is that i wont get to play games from certain publishers - i am more than happy to choose such edition of PS4.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Consoles will always have PC Lite style browsers but they are getting closer & closer to PC style of running things. You dont pay extra for extra features as such you pay for the hardware costs of what goes inside the consoles. Hence the reason after a while they normally manage to develop slim line versions as they miniaturise things without compromising on performance & consoles then cost less to manufacture & we have price drops. The guys who develop the hardware work separately to those developing the software so no time is lost on either as they are developed simultaneously.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Thanks man, appreciate it. I'm a little more open about the idea now. It sounds really interesting actually. Being able to record your own gameplay footage and upload it sounds like a really good feature. I heard the PS4 is able to do that too but don't quote me on that though. I'm gonna look more into this. Thanks again man ;)
Not only can the PS4 do that they even added a button to the controller just for things like that. (Sony apparently feels that social interaction is important enough to make it one of the main focuses of the console)

Top Bottom