• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox series x

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Microsoft have said 4k 60 should be the standard for first party

Third party it's up to the developers and studios

The console will be capable ofb4k 120 fps so 1080p and 1440p 120fps should be no problem

Xbox one x can already do 1080p and 1440p 120fps as it is

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think they should be careful with what they say and promise considering that current gen still struggles with 1080p 30FPS.

Especially since apparently they're actually using PCs to show trailers "representative of expected Xbox Series X visual quality".

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Especially since apparently they're actually using PCs to show trailers "representative of expected Xbox Series X visual quality".

Not unusual to do this and use a PC with comparable specs to the console, happens most the time with game footage that is shown before a console launches. Sometimes consoles have spec tweaks before they officially launch so much easier to do it that way.

Although as you said I would always be wary of consoles making any claims about visual fidelity and resolution claims too as it isnt always as clear cut as they make out & often down to publishers who simply wont optimise their games enough to ever achieve that.

I always compare it to a car and just because a car is capable of getting around a track in a certain amount of time doesn't mean everyone who drives it could manage to hit that time. Its down to individual skill and experience what they can get out of it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not unusual to do this and use a PC with comparable specs to the console

Take the Scorn demo. I don't know about you, but I have serious doubts that any next gen console will have anything even remotely comparable to an RTX 2080 Ti, which is what they used to run it.

They're overhyping their hardware like crazy, as I see it, and making promises in terms of visual fidelity and performance that, I'm willing to bet, they won't be able to keep.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Take the Scorn demo. I don't know about you, but I have serious doubts that any next gen console will have anything even remotely comparable to an RTX 2080 Ti, which is what they used to run it.

They're overhyping their hardware like crazy, as I see it, and making promises in terms of visual fidelity and performance that, I'm willing to bet, they won't be able to keep.
To be fair, Scorn is about a few years old today. It debuted on the Easy Allies podcast...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
To be fair, Scorn is about a few years old today. It debuted on the Easy Allies podcast...

Yeah sure but it was true then as it is now. They're not actually using Xboxes to run demos, they still use top tier PCs, and then they say that kind of performance is expected out of the new console. Press X to doubt...

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
According to the digital foundry breakdown the xbox series x is around a 2080 super or just above

And with the architecture, and ray tracing tech in it its actually a 25 teraflop capable machine

Not to mention it has amazing compression technology put into it

So who knows what it can do yet, for now its speculation

Either way I have a series x and ps5 day one like I do for every generation

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, there's no way it'll have that kind of hardware without costing a fortune. Time will tell but yeah... Not buying it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Hey that's fair enough, I will get it and the ps5

I play everything each gen

I'm excited to see what happens

Dark Drakan

Admin
According to the digital foundry breakdown the xbox series x is around a 2080 super or just above

And with the architecture, and ray tracing tech in it its actually a 25 teraflop capable machine

Not to mention it has amazing compression technology put into it

So who knows what it can do yet, for now its speculation

Either way I have a series x and ps5 day one like I do for every generation

Ive been really surprised with the specs they have been talking about and some of the tests by digital foundry. For the price points being spoken about its insane to think they could get anywhere near those specs and performance for that price and still make a profit. I will be VERY interested to see what prices the consoles launch at and what they can actually do. This is as close to a PC as consoles have ever gotten and the Series X is really just a small form factor PC. The CPU differences are what will hold the consoles back a little from equivalent version PC.

I havent played on my XB1 or PS4 for a long time as ive leaned more towards PC gaming but I shall likely still own both the Series X and PS5 at some point too.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya i am super excited to see the end results

I don't know if you saw recent news but, the xbox tech people have done something incredible with backwards compatibility on series x

It will double previously locked to 30fps frame rates and double them on xbox one and previous gen titles

Increase the resolution and add 4k pc like textures etc to games that had pc ports

Will also use a tech that automatically adds hdr to non HDR games including original xbox game

Some games will also get ray tracing

And all bc games will get this treatment automatically, and will be able to use quick resume to play 4 games at once

Plus have the added advantage of super fast load speeds with the ssd

Some xbox one games will look incredible, I can't wait to see wolfenstein 2 new colossus with hdr at full native 4k

Also this will be insane, to think every smart device on the planet could get x-cloud and gamepass is nuts

Then there is this which is intriguing

Plus the velocity architecture and the bc pack compression technology

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It's only the 9th, so still plenty of time for an inside xbox show

July is the important one as it showcases first party games

And other things

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Your move, Microsoft.

I don't see them topping that PS5 reveal.

Gran Turismo sells consoles, so the mere reveal of GT7 is... a wrap.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Let's wait and see what they have to show

Medium, scorn, hellblade 2, potentially fable , forza, new inxile and obsidian games if they are at a stage to show

Halo of course

The initiative game and whatever surprises they have for first party

Maxman

hoo boy Sony reveal was fun to watch , great balance of AAA and mid tier games as well as new and old IPs, would take out an indie game and put Mafia 1 in there but oh well

Cmon Microsoft you need that Spooderman, buy up WB Montreal and get Bamham

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020

Some more talk about smart delivery and saves and how series x without a patch will automatically update existing games and older titles

I will find links about , velocity architecture and machine learning too and post those promptly

24 to 37 minute mark for the second video if you don't want to watch the whole hour long video

Maxman

Oh man, I would KILL for a 1080/1440p 200-300 bux affordable Series S variant.
Would serve as my ideal relaxing couch gaming gamepass machine.

As someone who's planning on getting both systems, this would really be nice

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well if real, the lockhart would have the gddr6 and velocity architecture and all the things xbox series x has

But with a lower gpu power, meaning lower resolution.Though most people wouldn't care if it means 1440p 60 or higher fps or even 1080p 120 etc.

Top Bottom