• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox series x

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If you play at native 4k at high end settings on pc

Then you will see the difference, and series x and ps5 will have incredible graphical fidelity at 4k

Series x with the extra gpu grunt and could grunt should push it further for third and first party

But fps wise, the difference between 30 fps and 60fps is night and day

So it depends what you want

Better graphics at 30 or 60 fps, or high framerate at lower resolution

Or the middle ground like what series x is doing on dirt 5, dynamic 4k at 120fps

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Is the jump to 4K even worth it.
1080p/1440p already look good enough
Go to a store that sells 4k TVs. There is a difference. I will even say QLED/Quantum TVs are jaw dropping gorgeous. I was at an Airport departing for Puerto Rico, and I was standing in line... I saw these sharp-looking, high-resolution imagery. It was beautiful. But we're a long way till that is mainstream. I promise, 4k ain't the ceiling.
If you play at native 4k at high end settings on pc

Then you will see the difference, and series x and ps5 will have incredible graphical fidelity at 4k
Even on console, you'll notice the difference. However, the only drawback is both PS4 Pro and X1X is checkerboarding. Especially PS4Pro. There's more going under the hood of X1X, so you're getting more out of X1X. Makes me a bit sad that Sony cheapened out.
Series x with the extra gpu grunt and could grunt should push it further for third and first party

But fps wise, the difference between 30 fps and 60fps is night and day
I expect my games to run at 60fps. You can never go back. Some games do 30fps, and you didn't notice. But that is "sometimes."
So it depends what you want

Better graphics at 30 or 60 fps, or high framerate at lower resolution

Or the middle ground like what series x is doing on dirt 5, dynamic 4k at 120fps
I'm sorry, but Dirt 5 ain't a good showcase of power. I saw the footage and slept. WTF were they thinking...? It looks like an X1X title with max settings.

GT7 even in stream, looked gorgeous. You can see the small details.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Medium, hellblade 2 and scorn all showcased the series x power

All are exclusives

Halo probably will showcase it too

And forza 8 and horizon 4 will blow gran turismo 7 away graphically

Forza horizon 4 puts it to gt7 now as is

And the ray tracing should be insane in forza 8 with the power series x can put together while doing it

Digital foundry said the same as above in their breakdown video

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Medium, hellblade 2 and scorn all showcased the series x power
Yeah, except Hellblade. That was not gameplay. Wait for gameplay before you get all excited. Sony put out gameplay after gameplay... after gameplay. Assassin's Creed Valhalla was even disappointing.
Halo probably will showcase it too
Yeah. We know. :)
And forza 8 and horizon 4 will blow gran turismo 7 away graphically

Forza horizon 4 puts it to gt7 now as is
It'll be neck to neck. Thing is though... GT sells consoles for Sony. Like. Gran Turismo to Sony, is like Call of Duty to Activision.
And the ray tracing should be insane in forza 8 with the power series x can put together while doing it

Digital foundry said the same as above in their breakdown video
PS5 can do Ray Tracing, too.

Tell me THAT doesn't look ****ing sick.
And the best part is, if you tell me THAT'S gameplay... I'd believe you. Because Horizon already looks gorgeous. A game that came out a few years ago.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The ps5 ray tracing was analysed by digital foundry and they found it is checkerboard with lower resolution inside of it

Hellblade was in engine graphics though even if it was a cutscene

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
The ps5 ray tracing was analysed by digital foundry and they found it is checkerboard with lower resolution inside of it

Hellblade was in engine graphics though even if it was a cutscene
If you're talking about this video...

Then, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that isn't because of the hardware. I mean, it is, but not the way you think. I think that Xbox Series X will have similar cutbacks. If you paid any attention to what the person is saying, he's saying that there is a bottleneck with Ray Tracing in general. Listen to what he says later, he explains that developers or the technology would have to pull the ray trace and "draw" the trace of that object or the falling objects.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying series x has a 13 teraflop dedicated ray tracing api

Ps5 does not

So series x will be able to implement and do ray tracing better than ps5 which has already been established

It's not point scoring, I'm simply relaying what has been said by multiple devs and digital foundry

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying series x has a 13 teraflop dedicated ray tracing api

Ps5 does not
10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) vs 12 TFLOPs, 52 CUs at 1.825GHz is only a few difference.
So series x will be able to implement and do ray tracing better than ps5 which has already been established

It's not point scoring, I'm simply relaying what has been said by multiple devs and digital foundry
Well, it seems like you're cheerleading for Xbox. :laugh:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Lmao you aren't getting my point at all man

I play both consoles to clarify

They are different things

Ps5 has 10.28 teraflops to work with for ray tracing

Xbox has the 12 teraflops from the GPU

And another 13 teraflops from the api tech

Making 25 teraflops

Which is 2.5 x what ps5 has to work with , for ray tracing

It's simple math

But if you wanna see it as cheerleading be my guest, I know my stance and I play all platforms

I am just intrigued by what series x can do

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Lmao you aren't getting my point at all man

I play both consoles to clarify

They are different things

Ps5 has 10.28 teraflops to work with for ray tracing

Xbox has the 12 teraflops from the GPU

And another 13 teraflops from the api tech

Making 25 teraflops

Which is 2.5 x what ps5 has to work with , for ray tracing

It's simple math

But if you wanna see it as cheerleading be my guest, I know my stance and I play all platforms

I am just intrigued by what series x can do
And where are you getting these numbers? I don't see anything referring to API or this magical number.

Yes, I did a search for "Xbox Series X API TFlops," I am shown the same specs as everyone else.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Digital foundry video

11 minutes 20 mark onwards they discuss it, and have a graph up that shows with the api working parallel to the GPU

Its 25 teraflops

Also details what I'm talking about

And here is one more

Since you think I am making it up lol

I'm going off of what experts who broke the console down have said

As you can see , this api was built specifically for pc and xbox series x

And ps5 doesnt have it, it is it's own technology separate from the GPU and CPU

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Digital foundry video

11 minutes 20 mark onwards they discuss it, and have a graph up that shows with the api working parallel to the GPU

Its 25 teraflops

Also details what I'm talking about

And here is one more

Since you think I am making it up lol

I'm going off of what experts who broke the console down have said

As you can see , this api was built specifically for pc and xbox series x

And ps5 doesnt have it, it is it's own technology separate from the GPU and CPU
I haven't seen the articles, but from what I understand here.. I think it's more for cloud computing. Also, I also think the API was designed specifically for Lockheart, too.

Rumor is Lockheart will have less specs, and will have to compensate using this API. This rumor is followed by a crazy $200 price point.

You have to remember that Crackdown (3) was supposed to be this ...Open World Action game with destructible environments.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That's all I was saying, basically the whole system can work together

And don't forget xbox series x has machine learning too which is a form of dlss 2.0

So it should be well able to handle ray tracing, and implement it better than the ps5 can

I'm not taking a shot by saying that, I'm fascinated by it that's all

I have no doubt ps5 first party games will look and play incredible with or without any form of ray tracing

I just think the series x is designed from the ground up to do it better

Anyway as you can see I wasn't just making up numbers

I'm not a fanboy, you can find me on pc, switch ps and xbox

I am a universal gamer, I play playstation mostly for first party

And xbox for third party and first party as they have more mp and coop oriented games.

Let's see what july has to show, it's an exciting time ahead for all platforms

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
That's all I was saying, basically the whole system can work together

And don't forget xbox series x has machine learning too which is a form of dlss 2.0

So it should be well able to handle ray tracing, and implement it better than the ps5 can

I'm not taking a shot by saying that, I'm fascinated by it that's all

I have no doubt ps5 first party games will look and play incredible with or without any form of ray tracing

I just think the series x is designed from the ground up to do it better

Anyway as you can see I wasn't just making up numbers

I'm not a fanboy, you can find me on pc, switch ps and xbox

I am a universal gamer, I play playstation mostly for first party

And xbox for third party and first party as they have more mp and coop oriented games.

Let's see what july has to show, it's an exciting time ahead for all platforms
You made it sound like there is 25 TFLOPS of raw compute power.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I said for ray tracing specifically

And more than once I said the ray tracing technology/api was 13 teraflops and the GPU which i said was separate was 12.15

I never actually said the console as a whole was capable of 25 teraflops all the time

That doesnt matter anymore anyway

The spotlight will be on xbox in july, let's see what they come with

And if the Lockhart is indeed real.Hopefully they will discuss these supposed new studio acquisitions and x-cloud too

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I said for ray tracing specifically

And more than once I said the ray tracing technology/api was 13 teraflops and the GPU which i said was separate was 12.15

I never actually said the console as a whole was capable of 25 teraflops all the time

That doesnt matter anymore anyway
Ok, ok! Geez.
The spotlight will be on xbox in july, let's see what they come with

And if the Lockhart is indeed real.Hopefully they will discuss these supposed new studio acquisitions and x-cloud too
Yea... let's! :p

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well it is variable depending on game load

But the majority of the time unless the game is intense as hell, it should hold that 10.28 and not clock back down

Well at least that's my hope

Maxman

Am really curious as to how much of a real world performance difference both consoles will have on 3rd Party

Top Bottom