• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox series x

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
My best guess, is it will be like ps4 pro and xbox one x again

But it will be less obvious of adifference if both run the third party at full 4k , than it is between ps4 pro and xbox one x now

Maxman

I'd imagine it will be like 6th gen agsin where the OG Xbox got the best version of multi plats

Dark Drakan

Admin
Always find it strange how people can’t mention one console without having to mention another & “point score”. The consoles themselves offer their own exclusives that won’t really tempt either side away from their usual preferences and the power of the consoles themselves will be irrelevant in changing that. If someone cared about multi platform games with higher frames per second & resolution possibilities they would game on PC as their primary platform.

Xbox fans will stick with Xbox, Sony fans will stick with PlayStation, Nintendo fans will stick with their consoles. If they all have their franchises preferences already raw power of any console won’t change any of those preferences. It will mainly effect what second platform someone picks up based on franchises and power for multi platform games if they don’t own a PC. They will buy one console for preferred exclusives and another for the best platform to run multi platform games on that they can afford.

This is the thread about the Xbox Series X and not the PS5 (there is a thread for that too). One does not have to cancel out the other, as someone who also owns both Microsoft and Sony consoles as well as a gaming PC I don’t really understand the point scoring & oneupmanship.

Raw power shouldn’t really be the main topic of conversation for console gamers, as if they cared about that alone then it’s much more cost effective to game on PC instead (regardless of the rumours of PC pricing).

With more & more console games from both Microsoft & Sony heading to PC if anyone was after raw power as a primary selling point & simply aiming for the highest frames per second & resolution then that would be the most sensible way to go.

Both consoles have some stunning tech for their (rumoured) price points and gamers should be happy about that but it’s mainly the games/franchises that interest players that will influence what is their “primary” platform and no-one will be alternating consoles based on raw power alone. It will be the games that sell the consoles but most will end up multi platform at some point as that is the most profitable avenue.

I have found myself leaning more and more towards PC gaming again over the last 3-5 years to be honest. Its had a good mix of franchises from all platforms as well as Xbox Game Pass & really cheap digital sales and no subscription for multiplayer games so prices have all balanced out.

I’m only recently looking at upgrades for my PC (after 5 years) and spent more than the estimated price of the upgrades buying new “upgraded” versions of the same consoles over the years. Although next gen has some good franchises in order for all platforms & good time to be a gamer. It’s likely I shall end up buying upgrades and also buying the X1X & PS5 again for the next generation. However I can’t really see the “power” of these consoles being the draw for me.

I have a handful of exclusives I bought my PlayStation 4 for and same with my Xbox One but the vast majority of the games I play are now available on PC.

These digital services are the biggest changes this generation & with more console games bridging that gap between services and platforms that is the next logical step for gaming. At some point one box will allow all digital stores and services and it will be a true multi platform generation that you could buy from multiple stores (Microsoft/Sony & Nintendo) and cross play with everyone else on all platforms.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I wasn't trying to point score, or say one was better than the other

But if it came off that way I apologise

Was simply a misunderstanding

I was just talking about the ray tracing technology in the series x as it's fascinating what they have done

Each console has their merits, I'll be getting both as I don't wanna miss out on exclusives on either

And I have no doubt ps5 will have heavy hitter games itself, with incredible physics thanks to that amazing ssd

Dark Drakan

Admin
I wasn't trying to point score, or say one was better than the other

But if it came off that way I apologise

Was simply a misunderstanding

I was just talking about the ray tracing technology in the series x as it's fascinating what they have done

Each console has their merits, I'll be getting both as I don't wanna miss out on exclusives on either

And I have no doubt ps5 will have heavy hitter games itself, with incredible physics thanks to that amazing ssd

Wasn’t aimed at anyone in this thread in particular to be honest (hence why I didn’t quote anyone) but mainly conversations I see everywhere whenever one console is mentioned. I know you like myself own most of the consoles too. :thumbsup:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya I see that myself, i have friends on both platforms who say why are you playing games on that trash

To me a proper gamer will play any game they like regardless of what it's on

I think exclusives should be dropped to be honest, have all games on all consoles if possible

But that's a pipe dream

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ya I see that myself, i have friends on both platforms who say why are you playing games on that trash

To me a proper gamer will play any game they like regardless of what it's on

Precisely, we have gamers arguing with each other over platforms & tech deep dives of consoles that haven’t yet released when it’s totally irrelevant. We are all gamers and doesn't matter which company developed the box we play the games on. We should be able to converse about the games without trashing another platform or downplaying the achievements of another company.

Ive been hoping for open platform cross play for years and opening the barrier between gamers who have purchased the same games over multiple platforms. It’s getting closer year on year but fingers crossed we get there one day. Would be great for me and my friends who all game on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, PC to all be able to play the same games together.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Cross platform is growing thankfully, hopefully they make it at least possible on all third party coop and multiplayer games

If they wanna keep exclusives to their platforms

I dabble on my gaming laptop, but I'm a console gamer at heart , just find it easier and I'm used to it

I do wanna get a desktop though, anyway roll on july and lets see what's coming besides halo , hellblade and what has been listed so far

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Having avoided using a console for some time now (PC Masterrace), we are definitely getting this one once it is released. My middle son has gotten into online gaming in a rather major way and has been awarded a grant to allow him to purchase his own console - so that's Christmas sorted.

Complete backwards compatibility is something that should always be a part of the next console in a series and the lack of it is what really put me off next gen stuff in the past.

Still dislike the whole thing of paying to play online with your friends, though. I've never liked that particular money grabber and it's a shame it's still alive and kicking. I know why it happens, I just don't like it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
iZV5fxng

9cB3D9Bt
3wwVl7Wp

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
After many leaks, Xbox Series S which previously was known as "lockheart," has been announced. It's a budget version of Series X.

- Specs hasn't been completely revealed by Microsoft themselves, but there are leaks. Nobody likes leaks.
- Hardware-wise, it'll have less specs, but will make up with software based-rendering solutions. (Xbox Series X has 25 total Teraflops, but I think this extra 12 TF is going to something like Series S. I think this article got mixed messages, and I feel like the extra 12TF is for Lockheart/Series S. [Compatibility reasons.] @ef9dante_oSsshea can clarify more, but this is my opinion.)
- Releasing November 10, 2020.
- $299 US (@ef9dante_oSsshea has more info on that.)
- Smaller console design. White.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Xbox series x is 12.15 teraflops in gpu and has a 13 teardrop ray tracing api making it a total of 25 teraflops its capable of when tracing

Series a is a 4 teraflop gpu and is also capable of ray tracing but I am not sure if it has the same api

The series s targets
1440p and 1080p up to 120fps

It has an nvme ssd with velocity architecture and 512gb of memory

It supports direct x ray tracing

Quick resume

Variable rate shading and mesh shading, it also has machine learning and support 4I media playback and up scaling for games

will feature an almost identical CPU to the series x with 3.8ghz with simultaneous multi threading off and 3.66 with smt on and has 20 cu's clocked oh and gpu clocked at 1.55 ghz

And has 12gb of gddr6 ram with 10 reserved for games

It will also be compatible with the 3 previous generations of xbox with backwards compatibility

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is no real need for two next gen thread for the same console. I'll be merging these.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Really good price points and some impressive specs in there, looks like it could be a fantastic deal for console gamers. Visually speaking I really wish they had opted for a white circle for the Xbox Series S rather than the black one.

Top Bottom