• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WTF BLITZ!?!?

Did you know about this?

• Yeah it happened to me before

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Yeah I knew of it but never saw it happened to me

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No what the hell is this?

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So yeah I was in my DMC4 grove and was playing DMC4 by going to BP to get some practicing in as Dante and was trying to get better with Distortion and style and weapon switching efficiently and when I fought the Blitz on floor 18 he did something I never knew existed.

When he turned red and starting zipping around the place he did this move where he impales me (Dante in this case) with his horn or whatever that thing is on his face and holsted me (Dante) up and then bolts of red lightning came from the sky hitting its horn and electrocuted me (Dante) until it (the Blitz) exploded and it 1 hit KO me (Dante.....).

Now I'm all like wow....WTF just happened and I felt the need to post it here.

It reminds me of those unique death animations from enemies in DMC1 so I now dub this move...

"SUICIDE THUNDER"

Wish I can find a video of it. Man the Blitz is full of surprises.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmdeSOcE1Zc

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It happened to me before, but you cant get out of his horn if you DT :p. Thats one of the main reasons i kill a Blitz in the air with the shotgun, safer way to do it when it goes red.

You mean can get out if you DT or you can't the moment it catches you you're screwed?

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Ahhh I remember that happened to me first time I fought one with Dante. I was like "WTF seriously???" I learned to play keep away when it goes red from then on.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Happens to me all the time. The Blitz takes a lot of its cues from the Shadows of DMC1. I.E. immune to swords until weakened, the lightning sweep and lightning spear attacks are a lot like attacks the Shadow had, and they both self-destruct when killed/have a suicide move. Only difference is that Blitzes hurt a whole hell of a lot more, and they're blind.

Oh, and yes, you can break out of the suicide grab if you DT during it, I believe. If you DT before that you're screwed, though.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Happens to me all the time. The Blitz takes a lot of its cues from the Shadows of DMC1. I.E. immune to swords until weakened, the lightning sweep and lightning spear attacks are a lot like attacks the Shadow had, and they both self-destruct when killed/have a suicide move. Only difference is that Blitzes hurt a whole hell of a lot more, and they're blind.

Oh, and yes, you can break out of the suicide grab if you DT during it, I believe. If you DT before that you're screwed, though.

They are??:/

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yes, they're completely blind. Stand still when one spawns and let the other enemies do their thing. It'll attack them instead.

............................................................................................what???

Really!?!?!?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
So if I'm in DT state it can't impale me but it does hurt and if I get caught I can DT my way out?

Yep, though if you are getting bored you could let it catch you and go out with a bang :p.
But in my opinion, Blitz has enought tricks that it should have a miniboss fight, like Hell Vanguard did in DMC3.

aoshi

Honestly, Blitz ain't that big a problem below level 80. I got annoyed the first few tries with some of blitz's attacks, like this one grapple KO move. There is one more when he goes red, That he sweeps with lightning bolt and repeats it for like 10 odd times. If we keep waiting for it to stop, it will be never ending and we would lose a lot of time. Instead we could get closer and shot gun him.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Honestly, Blitz ain't that big a problem below level 80. I got annoyed the first few tries with some of blitz's attacks, like this one grapple KO move. There is one more when he goes red, That he sweeps with lightning bolt and repeats it for like 10 odd times. If we keep waiting for it to stop, it will be never ending and we would lose a lot of time. Instead we could get closer and shot gun him.

This enemy is soo....odd.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This enemy is soo....odd.

Not odd. Smart. Blitzes are designed as a foil for the kind of gamer who will rush in throwing their life away without strategy. They're designed to make you think differently and to keep you on your toes.

Still, if Capcom thinks that throwing a bajillion of them at you is "challenge", then it seems they're going the way of Team Ninja.

Top Bottom