• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will Capcom kill DMC?

KRSkull

No its not dead. And i don't think that it will die any time soon.

And i believe that Capcom has a plan. and i also believe that they will release a new game and hope they release DmC2 before they release DMC5.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No its not dead. And i don't think that it will die any time soon.

And i believe that Capcom has a plan. and i also believe that they will release a new game and hope they release DmC2 before they release DMC5.
there won't be any "before" or "after". IT's either one or another.

KRSkull

there won't be any "before" or "after". IT's either one or another.

WHY? Why does it have to be Either one? Things doesn't always have to be either Black or White. There is a huge space between them called Grey (Which appearently we are too blind to see). And if i was a video game company i won't listen to the gamers because MOST of them act like "Do what i want and screw everyone else". You have people who want Devil May Cry games. Give them what they want. and don't choose one group over the other.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
WHY? Why does it have to be Either one?

They can keep em both alive, but certainly not at the same time. They can afford of carrying on only one of them at a time, and they're gonna go with the version that most people wants, hence having most odds of selling well.

It's normal business really. It's either one or the other at a time.

KRSkull

They can keep em both alive, but certainly not at the same time. They can afford of carrying on only one of them at a time, and they're gonna go with the version that most people wants, hence having most odds of selling well.

It's normal business really. It's either one or the other at a time.

I never said that they have to release both games at the same time. i said that i hope they release DmC2 before they release DMC5.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I never said that they have to release both games at the same time. i said that i hope they release DmC2 before they release DMC5.

if you don't mind me asking but i'm asking anyway, why would you hope they release DmC2 first?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well its because DmC has more details to the characters motivations than DMC.

That's true, but a DMC5 would bring in the more money that Capcom needs to continue Devil May Cry, so a DMC5 would be a wiser move to release first so that there'd be more money for a DmC2. Releasing a DmC2 first would probably plunge their budget and then DMC5 couldn't be made.

KRSkull

That's true, but a DMC5 would bring in the more money that Capcom needs to continue Devil May Cry, so a DMC5 would be a wiser move to release first so that there'd be more money for a DmC2. Releasing a DmC2 first would probably plunge their budget and then DMC5 couldn't be made.

Well they are releasing DMC4:SE. So that is going to bring more money too.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

True reasoning.

Also, DMC's got some important hanging threads that need to be resolved. And frankly, contrary to the reboot saga, direct sequel is not the only sensible route they could go with the original series. There is more number of interesting scenarios in the OG story they can use for spinoffs and things of the like.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well they are releasing DMC4:SE. So that is going to bring more money too.

But not the amount a DMC5 could bring. Even though DMC4: SE has Trish, Vergil, Lady, faster gameplay, and new costumes, it's still just a re-release of an exsisting game. the sales of that re-release game wouldn't probably be much (if not for Capcom's "no more DMC if DMC4: SE does bad" plan) compared to a full out DMC5 that fans have been waiting for since DMC4's vanilla version.

KRSkull

True reasoning.

Also, DMC's got some important hanging threads that need to be resolved. And frankly, contrary to the reboot saga, direct sequel is not the only sensible route they could go with the original series. There is more number of interesting scenarios in the OG story they can use for spinoffs and things of the like.

Like what? Nero and Kyrie finally get a chance to have a normal one day and kiss, we find out what happened to Dante and Lucia at the end of DMC2 or Dante deciding that he is too old for this Sh** and takes Nero under his wing so Dante can retire and live in an island with either Trish or Lady.

But not the amount a DMC5 could bring. Even though DMC4: SE has Trish, Vergil, Lady, faster gameplay, and new costumes, it's still just a re-release of an exsisting game. the sales of that re-release game wouldn't probably be much (if not for Capcom's "no more DMC if DMC4: SE does bad" plan) compared to a full out DMC5 that fans have been waiting for since DMC4's vanilla version.

Unless Capcom make the entire DMC5 story revolves around Nero and Kyrie. or make another story like DMC2

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Like what?

First of all, they should really address DMC2's cliffhanger.

Then, as far as spinoffs go, they could delve deeper into Sparda's story (it's a fairly requested thing by fans, actually).

Or into how Vergil became Nelo Angelo, narrating his journey in Hell to face Mundus.

Or they could make a direct DMC4 sequel "reviving" Vergil (if they already didn't in the SE ending) with the central theme being the relationship between Nero and Vergil.

Or, if they really don't want to make a sequel that starts from DMC2 ending, they could make one describing Dante's trip in Hell.

Tons of possibilities with this series. I think if it was in the hands of a smarter company, we could have seen some of those realized already.

KRSkull

First of all, they should really address DMC2's cliffhanger.

Then, as far as spinoffs go, they could delve deeper into Sparda's story (it's a fairly requested thing by fans, actually).

Or into how Vergil became Nelo Angelo, narrating his journey in Hell to face Mundus.

Or they could make a direct DMC4 sequel "reviving" Vergil (if they already didn't in the SE ending) with the central theme being the relationship between Nero and Vergil.

Or, if they really don't want to make a sequel that starts from DMC2 ending, they could make one describing Dante's trip in Hell.

Tons of possibilities with this series. I think if it was in the hands of a smarter company, we could have seen some of those realized already.

There is nothing more to address DMC2's cliffhanger. he went to hell and he found a way back.

As far as the spinoff go. It will have the same basic story of DmC.

That actually sounds like Vergil's downfall.

That sounds another DMC3 but instead of Dante we have Nero.

Top Bottom