• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I saw DmC still have those things too. It's still pretty over the top and self aware especially when it comes to the social satire. It obviously doesn't take itself seriously in that regard.

It’s kind of hilarious how people go out of their way differentiate the original and rebooted iterations of Dante, when in fact, they’re almost exactly the same in the way they’re presented. The Old Dante was cocky, arrogant, and pictured himself as quite the lady-killer…and so did the New Dante. The Old Dante dove into danger to satisfy his demonic, adrenaline-seeking nature…so did the New Dante. The Old Dante didn’t initially trust anyone outside himself (evident in Dante’s Awakening with his treatment of Lady), mostly because he had so much misplaced faith in his own abilities…just like the New Dante does with Kat and Vergil in the beginning of DmC. Both of them even showed signs of maturity after some development. Nephilim Dante embraced a cause outside himself by the end of DmC, and cast aside his lecherous and partying persona for some much-needed responsibility. Dante in DMC4, while retaining the playful nature of his Dante’s Awakening counterpart, went about his mission and operated with a slightly more professional manner and a less hot-headed, more calm and cool attitude (evident in the way he constantly lectures Nero to be less high-strung).

The only thing different between them is the style in which they display their similarities. They have a very different way of talking, dressing, and fighting…but those are mostly synthetic and artificial differences. Letting things get in the way like OG Dante using corny catch-phrases and New Dante using the word “****” is like complaining about the New Sonic having green eyes and longer legs instead of the black beady eyes and plump belly he sported during his Sega Genesis days.

The reason that DMC Dante and DmC Dante are different can’t be just be attributed to where each one was developed, and by who…it’s when. Both interpretations of the character are very much the product of their time. Only in the late 90’s (which is when the character and concept was conceived while in its premature, soon-to-be-cancelled “Meta-Resident Evil 4” state, before some shrieking imbecile reminds me that DMC1 was released in 2001) could a leather-draped, cheesy pun-spewing, simplistic action hero characterized by his massive sword, loner’s confidence and love of pizza could someone like Dante be a successful protagonist that caters to the avid gaming market of the decade. Even DMC3’s Dante mimmicks what was “cool” back in the mid-2000’s—he even spins a demon’s head on his finger like a basketball, head and literally skates on an enemy’s corpse like a pro skater. And DmC Dante? He sports a shorter haircut, is wearing a modern hoodie, and talks and has the mannerisms of your average, modern-day punk attending a British anarchist rock concert. I guarantee you, if Dante had originally been conceived in this day and age, he would have been swearing just as much as the DmC one (which is funny, because he already swears to some degree in both the Kamiya novels and the anime, the latter of which is 100% canon). And it’s not like Hideki Kamiya is the epitome of class and is above vulgar humor…some of the dick-jokes and needless profanities in Bayonetta 2 are enough to make a sailor blush.

(So—so, wait. DmC gets all the flak in the known universe for being immature and spewing profanity, but when the long-coveted Bayonetta 2 turns around and does the exact same thing, with even worse writing and context, and it’s suddenly okay? Your integral DMC fanbase at work, people).

One of the big reasons Dante has been inconsistently portrayed and the subject to numerous personality swaps is to cater to whatever is popular or cool. Capcom repeatedly stated that they wanted Ninja Theory to make a Dante that would be considered “cool” for Western audiences—and that’s the key word here:

“Cool.”

The appeal of Dante isn’t his character—it’s the idea of the character. His original conception was to be a cool, confident character that the player didn’t relate or emotionally invest in, but aspired to be: a protagonist confident and strong enough to combat invincible odds, to make the player the badass in the red coat.Kamiya’s whole idea was to give the player a sense of entitlement, power, and strength…which was the mentality that contrasted with the sense of helplessness and fear characterized by the Resident Evil series, and precisely why Devil May Cry wasn’t fit to be an entry in the series and was made its very own franchise.

THAT is the reason behind Devil May Cry’s entire existence—to fulfill one with a sense of badassery and raw power, the sole appeal of hack-n’-slash games as a genre. Nobody picked up a PS2 controller back in 2001 to play as Dante for his stupid puns and horrible voice-acting, anymore than they upgraded their PC’s to play the latest Duke Nukem game for its “engaging story or compelling character development.” People played it to feel like a death-defying, bullet-dodging, demon-slaying hard-ass. Dante only stopped being a power fantasy in the later games, when Capcom decided to commit one of the stupidest mistakes in their lives (that didn’t involve Mega Man), and actually give the series a story. The emphasis on cinematics in DMC3 and 4, as well as that abysmal attempt at an anime, were very prominent signs that the Staff at Capcom were trying to piece together some kind of tied-together mythos and narrative. Oh, they tried…and they tried hard. And whether they succeeded in that endeavor is entirely subject to debate.

But they were building a lore and a universe, establishing a world and characters…and fans got attached to them, regardless of my or anyone else’s differentiating opinions are on it. So it makes sense as to WHY people were disappointed with the blatant changes in DmC, and I’m not saying they’re wrong for being emotionally attached to the original Dante and universe.

But DmC was still made to fulfill the longtime purpose of the DMC series: to give the players that sense that they were controlling someone “cool.” Dante is still the wise-cracker…he’s still pretentious and snarky in the face of his enemies, and he still boasts the confident swagger and excitement for battle like the old one does.

Of course, from games like Resident Evil 5 and 6, it’s fairly evident that Capcom has a questionable sense of what Western audiences think is “cool” nowadays. Thank the Nine Divines that for whatever fallacies the New Dante and DMC lore suffer from, it still came off as less forced and phoned-in than the characters and premises of THOSE games. Just picture what DmC would’ve been like if Capcom had made the game in-house, and went out of their way to Westernize the game for a North American audience from THEIR point of view.

And the hilariously-ironic thing about that statement is that a lot of DMC’s developers worked on Resident Evil 5 and 6…even the writer and producer of DMC4 and the Anime, Hiroyuki Kobayashi. Kind of funny how that works…

If you hate DmC for all the ‘different’ things it brought to the table, then you can thank Capcom for that. They wanted to make the game different in an attempt to Westernize DMC’s “cool” factor by handing it to another developer. Instead of acting like DmC is the most atrocious, unplayable, horribly-written mess of a game since Shadow the Hedgehog, try leveling your torches and ballista at the people that were actually responsible for changing it in the first place. To them, Dante and Devil May Cry isn’t something to preserve, or loyally portray, or even keep consistent (given how lazily inconsistent Dante’s portrayal has been throughout the series, to say nothing of the convoluted lore)….it’s something to make them money. They don’t love or respect the series nearly as much as their fans or the series’ creator does.

And what do you know, I'm still one of the few people on this forum that still actually thinks DMC 1 is the best Devil May Cry I have ever played period. But I get antagonized for digging the new game as well because it means I hate DMC. I've got to basically pick a side in this ridiculous fandom. I can't like both versions.

You aren’t alone. I also belong to the small, rapidly-shrinking minority that enjoys both the original series as well as the reboot, and I both defend and recognize the flaws in both….which is problematic, because the apparent, unwritten sin of the DMC fanbase is to recognize ANY flaws with the original series, and even CONSIDER defending the reboot.

DmC didn't existed before they adressed NT. It was clearly stated that they were making plans for DMC5, but since itsuno was on Dragons Dogma + they wanted to expand audience they wanted to try western approach. DmC was never would have been made inside Capcom.

No, of course not. That’s why Keiji Inafune said TWO ENTIRE YEARS before Dragon’s Dogma’s release that Devil May Cry 5 would have a “Western feel” to it. There’s no way Capcom actually sat down beforehand and went ahead with DmC as a full decision before choosing a developer suited for the task. That would be something stupid…like, pfft, developing a game, or something…

And that Ninja Theory, oh man…they were the ones who pushed DmC onto Capcom. That’s why they jumped at every darting opportunity to make “Devil May Cry 5, with 5% more improvements” instead of making a full-blown reboot with as much change as possible.

You’re completely right. DmC wasn’t DmC until Ninja Theory was involved...what on earth were those people thinking? They robbed DMC from Capcom and changed EVERYTHING without permission.

alternative dimension 1) in attack on HQ he was together with Kat, yet instead of trying to help for survivors they didn't even checked if there was any. And in second case Limbo merges with real world. So he could have saved few people getting crushed or falling into abyss.

So, wait...you're saying that since Dante has physical contact and complete accessibility with the real world while he's trapped in Limbo, when the game makes a point of showing that he can't even touch the normal spaces of the dimension with his Demon Whip unless she sprays her Wiccan Substance on it? You know, when Kat is cornered by a SWAT Team, and she has to hastily spray a microscopic rift for Dante to yank a shelf down on top of him?

And if Dante could physically touch ANYONE in the physical world, much less save them, WHY IN THE UNTOLD SATANIC HORDES OF HELL would he NOT BE ABLE to so much as HOLD KAT'S HAND AND PULL HER TO SAFETY when a SWAT Team bursts into Vergil's Library, and BEATS HER LIKE A BRAZILIAN SOCCER PLAYER BEFORE HIS VERY EYES? You think if he could touch and access anything in the real world without using a rift that Kat creates, he'd let Mundus' forces bruise her like a summer peach instead of rescuing her?

This isn't a matter of being empathic or being a protector--he CAN'T ACCESS the real world while trapped in Limbo. God, man...did you even play that far into the game, or did your nostalgia-scorched eyelids prevent you from seeing anything past the title screen?

Yet he barely remembered them afterwards.
Yeah, kind of like the way DMC4 Dante goes back to being his snarky, careless self mere seconds after a dying Credo just dissolves out of his arms...

3) No, in this case im talking about all those people slaughtered before his eyes, because Vergil stepped on Mundus' toe.

or how nonchalantly stands on a high cliff and claps his hands like a drooling idiot while innocent people below are just being massacred by an onslaught of demons that just emerged from the recently-opened Hellgate.

Sure, Sanctus's Savior and Angelos fly in to kill off the incoming demons, but did Dante jump in to intervene before they arrived, while Scarecrows and Mephistos paint the Fortuna streets with the blood of women and children? Nope. Not even a grimace, or emphatic reaction. Just smile and clap...

This is not how protector acts.

Yeah, you're right. You know how a protector acts?

He doesn't offer a sigh of remorse as he waltzes outside his office, only to find the Teme-ni-gru erected in the middle a colossal wreckage of demolished houses and even a schoolbus. He doesn't search for survivors, or check the rubble for injured, or even---and I'm casually just throwing ideas about, here---finding and protecting surviving humans from the incoming demon hordes, or even get them to safety.

Dante’s always been an ideal protector…that’s why he sits in a dingy office enveloped in pizza boxes and Playboy posters, waiting the humans subjected to any kind of demon menace that are in need of protecting to not only survive said attack, but live long enough to dial a ****ing phone and call him for help in the form of a JOB. Oh, and they need a password, too. Not "help me", or "there's a blood-thirsty demon in my house impaling the arteries of my loved ones on a scythe", no...that's not "stylish" enough. How 'bout something more catchy, like "Devils never cry"?

I'd feel safer living under the protection of a diabolical mass-murderer like Vergil than a dim-whitted putz like Dante, who claims to be devoted to protecting the human race...but only as long as he's contacted by a phone call.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No, of course not. That’s why Keiji Inafune said TWO ENTIRE YEARS before Dragon’s Dogma’s release that Devil May Cry 5 would have a “Western feel” to it. There’s no way Capcom actually sat down beforehand and went ahead with DmC as a full decision before choosing a developer suited for the task. That would be something stupid…like, pfft, developing a game, or something…

And that Ninja Theory, oh man…they were the ones who pushed DmC onto Capcom. That’s why they jumped at every darting opportunity to make “Devil May Cry 5, with 5% more improvements” instead of making a full-blown reboot with as much change as possible.

You’re completely right. DmC wasn’t DmC until Ninja Theory was involved...what on earth were those people thinking? They robbed DMC from Capcom and changed EVERYTHING without permission.
Look, i already told you concept art of Dante, doesn't looks remotely like original one. And irony of it all, that DMC had western elements from a get go in DMC1, since gothic archtecture and enemies are much more akind to west and western world, than japanese anime.

So, wait...you're saying that since Dante has physical contact and complete accessibility with the real world while he's trapped in Limbo, when the game makes a point of showing that he can't even touch the normal spaces of the dimension with his Demon Whip unless she sprays her Wiccan Substance on it? You know, when Kat is cornered by a SWAT Team, and she has to hastily spray a microscopic rift for Dante to yank a shelf down on top of him?

And if Dante could physically touch ANYONE in the physical world, much less save them, WHY IN THE UNTOLD SATANIC HORDES OF HELL would he NOT BE ABLE to so much as HOLD KAT'S HAND AND PULL HER TO SAFETY when a SWAT Team bursts into Vergil's Library, and BEATS HER LIKE A BRAZILIAN SOCCER PLAYER BEFORE HIS VERY EYES? You think if he could touch and access anything in the real world without using a rift that Kat creates, he'd let Mundus' forces bruise her like a summer peach instead of rescuing her?
And now best question ever: how Dante and Vergil popped back in human world seconds after Kat was beaten. There was means to do it, why not do it earlier? Also isn't he should like do everything he can to save humans and not just say "oh, bummers, suck to be them, can't save everyone".

Yeah, kind of like the way DMC4 Dante goes back to being his snarky, careless self mere seconds after a dying Credo just dissolves out of his arms...
Because DmC Dante showed so much empathy to Mundus over his dead kid

or how nonchalantly stands on a high cliff and claps his hands like a drooling idiot while innocent people below are just being massacred by an onslaught of demons that just emerged from the recently-opened Hellgate.

Sure, Sanctus's Savior and Angelos fly in to kill off the incoming demons, but did Dante jump in to intervene before they arrived, while Scarecrows and Mephistos paint the Fortuna streets with the blood of women and children? Nope. Not even a grimace, or emphatic reaction. Just smile and clap...
Yeah because feeling proud and striking manly poses on rooftop is so much cooler after you slaughtered thousands of humans. I mean look at this screwed up city. Look how many died in there. And they feel happy about it? At least some kind of regret was nice. And it's not like Dante wasn'T warned it happens.

Dante’s always been an ideal protector…that’s why he sits in a dingy office enveloped in pizza boxes and Playboy posters, waiting the humans subjected to any kind of demon menace that are in need of protecting to not only survive said attack, but live long enough to dial a ****ing phone and call him for help in the form of a JOB. Oh, and they need a password, too. Not "help me", or "there's a blood-thirsty demon in my house impaling the arteries of my loved ones on a scythe", no...that's not "stylish" enough. How 'bout something more catchy, like "Devils never cry"?

I'd feel safer living under the protection of a diabolical mass-murderer like Vergil than a dim-whitted putz like Dante, who claims to be devoted to protecting the human race...but only as long as he's contacted by a phone call.
Yeah i mean, i totally know what are you saying. Banging whores in trailer is soooooo much more empathic and shows how DEEP Dante cares about humanity. Also not to mention fact that only 2 voiced humans aside from kat got bitchslapped by him second they appeared on screen, Or did you think DmC Dante jumps in his Dante-Jet and flies around the world resolving slaughtering massacre he unleashed on the world with his buddy-bro?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Look, i already told you concept art of Dante, doesn't looks remotely like original one. And irony of it all, that DMC had western elements from a get go in DMC1, since gothic archtecture and enemies are much more akind to west and western world, than japanese anime.

Your original statement was whether or not DmC had become DmC---the contemporary world-based reboot with new take on the protagonist---before or after Ninja Theory had been involved. That was the question you posed, and that was the question I answered. They wanted to make DMC5, simple as that---whether or not the concept art looks enough like the original Dante is your call.

Besides, for all we know, that could've been early art for DmC Dante. NT did say that Capcom rejected initial designs for Dante even after they decided it was a reboot...and repeatedly told NT to make the new design (repeat, the NEW design), look as unlike the original as possible. So if you're wondering why Dante doesn't look like the OG one, but has the same color palette, there's your answer.

And now best question ever: how Dante and Vergil popped back in human world seconds after Kat was beaten. There was means to do it, why not do it earlier? Also isn't he should like do everything he can to save humans and not just say "oh, bummers, suck to be them, can't save everyone".

And here comes the golden answer, the one that, as usual, slips your ever-so infallable perception and genius yet again: Limbo had only draped itself over the Headquarters...hence the lack of bloom and bright, shiny colors where Dante and Vergil were on the rooftop outside. Because after all, why would Mundus concentrate Limbo on the HQ for his soldiers and demons to invade instead of letting it loose on the entire city? To invade the Order, or something like that? Nah. Impossible.

Oh, and as to how Vergil and Dante escaped? Well, you saw them disappear through a rift...and Kat can create rifts with her spray can, so---GASP! Could it be? Did Kat spray one for Vergil and Dante to escape through, instead of saving herself! But---how dare she? Why didn't she do it for EVERY human trapped in HQ...oh, wait. Because none of them were trapped in Limbo...ya know, the place where only Nephilim and Demons can traverse back and forth.

But, wait, I hear you ask...why didn't Kat use a rift to save herself? Well, just like the REST of the humans trapped in HQ, she can't enter Limbo either...because she's not a Demon, or a Nephilim. She's only a Medium, a person that can see and communicate with people in Limbo. So she couldn't transport herself out of the besieged HQ, or anyone else.

Understand everything now, class? Good. Snacktime's in thirty minutes, and naptime's at 2:00. Be sure to play nicely now and not break the other kids' crayons while the rest of us grown-ups indulge in that Adult Exclusive Club that so many on this forum have no access to called "Common Sense."

Because DmC Dante showed so much empathy to Mundus over his dead kid

Hmm...who deserves the empathy more? A deceived and betrayed bystander, begging for you to avenge his sister and his best friend, or the potentially-apocalyptic off-spring of your mortal nemesis, who just got done wiping his mouth with the beating heart of your dead mother?

It's your call to make, man, but before you continue flinging those bails of straw you childishly presume to be arguments, you should consider this life-changing concept that will surely make your mind implode with its bodacious glow of brilliance: it's called context.

Yeah because feeling proud and striking manly poses on rooftop is so much cooler after you slaughtered thousands of humans. I mean look at this screwed up city. Look how many died in there. And they feel happy about it? At least some kind of regret was nice. And it's not like Dante wasn'T warned it happens.

You know, from what I gather from the cutscene---or rather, what most people with common sense gathered from the cutscene---most of the demons appeared to be retreating. You see many Stygians and Rages appear before human eyes...but none of them start attacking. Most of them just stand around awkwardly, like: "Oh, ****...they can all see us. The Hellgate must be shut." The Rages even run past the humans in the street instead of attacking (except for one, it just snarls at a human). I'm assuming the demons, feeling the Hellgate's presence closed, assume Mundus must be dead---otherwise, his veil over the city would still exist. And their reaction was much like animals fleeing once their leader is eliminated. I would call it panic and retreat more than a massacre.

It's nothing like the slaughter going on in the streets of Fortuna. You saw people getting murdered by demons, with blood splattering and people being dragged by Scarecrows and Mephistos. That was a massacre, plain for all to see.

Oh, and if the world really was plunged into demon-infested chaos at the end of DmC, then why is the human race still intact both in the city and around the world to safely return to their homes, and tweet and fill the internet with widespread confusion about what just happened?

I guess the demons just want to devour and lay waste to the human race, but the global online social network? Nah, bro...we need that intact to keep the Underworld afloat!

Yeah i mean, i totally know what are you saying. Banging whores in trailer is soooooo much more empathic and shows how DEEP Dante cares about humanity.

I know, right? It's not like he abandons that lifestyle to become empathic and grow as a character. Remember when he pushed that stripper aside when he entered Lilith's club? Or how 'bout when he stated in the beginning where he "didn't give a **** about humanity", and then received enough development to witness the torture of humans in Bob Barbas's prison and react enough to call them "poor bastards", or when he tries to yell at the members of the besieged Order during Mundus' invasion to get to safety, only to have his voice silenced by the immense barrier of Limbo.

Nope. No empathy at all.

Also not to mention fact that only 2 voiced humans aside from kat got bitchslapped by him second they appeared on screen,

...like the one who shoved him out of the club he had gone into countless times before, obviously placed there to ensure Dante didn't go inside? Oh, and he obviously had no reason to barge in, either. I mean, a demon mistress in disguise that could possibly serve as a potentail bargaining tool for the girl he cares about is lurking inside...there's no REASON for him to be in a hurry.

That funny, complicated word is coming back again...what's it called again? Oh, yes...context.

Or did you think DmC Dante jumps in his Dante-Jet and flies around the world resolving slaughtering massacre he unleashed on the world with his buddy-bro?

Yeah, since Vergil wasn't keeping his identity a secret or anything. He totally should've been out and about, displaying his Nephilim powers and ensuring Mundus finds him immediately...that would've worked much better than sending an already-notorious fugitive like Dante to go into the lime-light and carry out his strategies for him.

Vergil's so heartless...hiding and dedicating his time to the destruction of the demon overlord brainwashing the humans who, while not being harmed or massacred like the ones in DMC, are being held in a manufactured illusion with their souls quietly being sucked away.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Your original statement was whether or not DmC had become DmC---the contemporary world-based reboot with new take on the protagonist---before or after Ninja Theory had been involved. That was the question you posed, and that was the question I answered. They wanted to make DMC5, simple as that---whether or not the concept art looks enough like the original Dante is your call.
So can you provide a source? BEcause in one magazine i read that their creative director claimed that he didn't want anything to do with lame superhero in red coat from a get go.
Oh and btw, whole argument is about wether or no DMC5 was in planning.

And here comes the golden answer, the one that, as usual, slips your ever-so infallable perception and genius yet again: Limbo had only draped itself over the Headquarters...hence the lack of bloom and bright, shiny colors where Dante and Vergil were on the rooftop outside. Because after all, why would Mundus concentrate Limbo on the HQ for his soldiers and demons to invade instead of letting it loose on the entire city? To invade the Order, or something like that? Nah. Impossible.
How conviniently smart. I mean Whole city as a limbo and there is not a slightest possibily somebody makes it outside from Order HQ. So lets' wrap limbo only about one single building and pretend itll work. And yeah those order douchies gonna just wait to get slaughtered. yay! life is easy in limbo city.

Oh, and as to how Vergil and Dante escaped? Well, you saw them disappear through a rift...and Kat can create rifts with her spray can, so---GASP! Could it be? Did Kat spray one for Vergil and Dante to escape through, instead of saving herself! But---how dare she? Why didn't she do it for EVERY human trapped in HQ...oh, wait. Because none of them were trapped in Limbo...ya know, the place where only Nephilim and Demons can traverse back and forth.
Because seal was conveniently placed right outside the door. Who could have thought Dante be smart enough to go outside and return before Kat gets booted by SWAT. No I guess he stuck to enjoy the sights. Such hero is yours. *claps*

Hmm...who deserves the empathy more? A deceived and betrayed bystander, begging for you to avenge his sister and his best friend, or the potentially-apocalyptic off-spring of your mortal nemesis, who just got done wiping his mouth with the beating heart of your dead mother?

It's your call to make, man, but before you continue flinging those bails of straw you childishly presume to be arguments, you should consider this life-changing concept that will surely make your mind implode with its bodacious glow of brilliance: it's called context.
Yeah innocent bystander, who accidentally transformed into demon and hunted both Dante and Nero with his elite troops. But yeah let's talk about context shall we?

It's nothing like the slaughter going on in the streets of Fortuna. You saw people getting murdered by demons, with blood splattering and people being dragged by Scarecrows and Mephistos. That was a massacre, plain for all to see.
Streets? What streets? those Mundus devoured thanks to Dante's flapping mouth and killed all those humans in there? Yeah I sure they are safe in sound inside his belly.
Oh, and if the world really was plunged into demon-infested chaos at the end of DmC, then why is the human race still intact both in the city and around the world to safely return to their homes, and tweet and fill the internet with widespread confusion about what just happened?

I guess the demons just want to devour and lay waste to the human race, but the global online social network? Nah, bro...we need that intact to keep the Underworld afloat!.
Yeah because demons are harmless you know? They never do anything BAD to humans, right? right?

I know, right? It's not like he abandons that lifestyle to become empathic and grow as a character. Remember when he pushed that stripper aside when he entered Lilith's club? Or how 'bout when he stated in the beginning where he "didn't give a **** about humanity", and then received enough development to witness the torture of humans in Bob Barbas's prison and react enough to call them "poor bastards", or when he tries to yell at the members of the besieged Order during Mundus' invasion to get to safety, only to have his voice silenced by the immense barrier of Limbo..
Yeah because display of sexism is sooo cool and edgy. Should inspire us all. Hell yeah!. And cracking jokes about hanging people (what it was about hanging? :p) is so funny. Nice!

...like the one who shoved him out of the club he had gone into countless times before, obviously placed there to ensure Dante didn't go inside? Oh, and he obviously had no reason to barge in, either. I mean, a demon mistress in disguise that could possibly serve as a potentail bargaining tool for the girl he cares about is lurking inside...there's no REASON for him to be in a hurry.

That funny, complicated word is coming back again...what's it called again? Oh, yes...context..
Yeah lets punch anyone who gets in a way. We show whole world how to be a REAL hero. Or lets remain incognito by bitchslapping random guys on the street.

Yeah, since Vergil wasn't keeping his identity a secret or anything. He totally should've been out and about, displaying his Nephilim powers and ensuring Mundus finds him immediately...that would've worked much better than sending an already-notorious fugitive like Dante to go into the lime-light and carry out his strategies for him.
Yeah and he was totally unseen during trade with that sniper rifle of his, standing there, grinning xD
Vergil's so heartless...hiding and dedicating his time to the destruction of the demon overlord brainwashing the humans who, while not being harmed or massacred like the ones in DMC, are being held in a manufactured illusion with their souls quietly being sucked away.
Yeah because better dead than sorry, right? Welp, sorry, 3edgy5me.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
There was a very ancient novel called "Tales of Genji" and it's protagonist was a good looking guy that spends his life womanizing, drinking heavily and dreaming of having a lookalike of his mother( who died when he was little) just for himself.Now let me show other example: Sincline(Lotor in western Voltron).He was a good looking guy who was an avid womanizer, loved drink alcohol and pursues obsessively ladies who looked like his mother( at the point the point of raping one , to find later she could be blood related to him).Did this ring a bell to any of you?
Now DmC Dante :
He shares all the treats without(apparently) the obsession for mother's lookalike.Are DmC and DMC Dantes too different? No, the REAL difference is the way they interact with their world, not the archetype per se.
Yes, in DmC when have mainly three characters, but ALL of them are treated equally in this triangle, while the best we can afford in DMC was a duo plus one; Kat/Dante relationship begins a little tense, but quickly changes to a warm collaboration and Dante is quite nice to Kat during all story; in DMC the most similar character we have to Kat is Lady, but if we see Lady through Dante's eyes, she is more of a leech than someone he really cares.Ironically she is " forced" to be that way to get Dante out of his office since it's a living hell to get Dante out of his chair.I'm still convinced Dante only acts in DMC 4 because the only person he really cares about takes Sparda and probably is put in danger, so humans are just peanuts in the story.
In anime he is not too different: he is a jerk to everyone in all episodes( with only one exception: he yearns for Trish and feels so lonely without her or whatever).
And now my confession: no, I'm not a DmC lover, but I'm obligated to recognize DmC got some of the things right.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay I think I've all about just had enough of this topic (that doesn't seem to be adding much) except the back and forth comments littered with sarcasm, snarky remarks and petty insults. Which quite frankly can be taken to PM's.

Myself, Meg and berto have all put warnings here before. No more warnings.

THREAD CLOSED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom