• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who else thinks that DmC is good and DMC actually needed a reboot?

MichiGen

Outdated and stale as in there are people who have more than 1000 hours in the game,right?
1000 hours? It's surely nice to master the combat system, but it's sad that there is not enough room to make use of it. DMC 4 is such a short and linear game, and the whole second half is just a recycled first half of the game but with a different character :-/.

I like the variety of missions in DmC , game has more content to play through (bloody palace is missing, but not for long). And I really like how higher difficulties adds new moves to enemies / bosses, and the game throws a challenging mix of enemies from the whole game at you.
Bloody palace and turbo mode + legendary dark knight mode (only in PC version) are really fun in DMC 4 though.

Terrutas

1000 hours? It's surely nice to master the combat system, but it's sad that there is not enough room to make use of it. DMC 4 is such a short and linear game, and the whole second half is just the recycled first half but with a different character :(.

I like the variety of missions in DmC , game has more content to play through (bloody palace is missing, but not for long), and I really like how higher difficulties adds new moves to enemies / bosses, and the game throws a challenging mix of enemies from the whole game at you.
Have you ever seen videos of people who did master the combat system?

MichiGen

Have you ever seen videos of people who did master the combat system?
Hard to say, I've heard that people are still discovering new things in the combat system. I can only say that I've seen some videos which were really impressive to look at.

GF9000000Returns

It was only getting outdated and stale with DMC4.

Because it was basically a rehash of DMC3 and the story was SO dumb that it made people lose hope for the series, even myself.

Outdated and stale as in there are people who have more than 1000 hours in the game,right?

Now I'm gonna laugh at the fanbase even more since you've said that. Hell, I bet half of them are fat and haven't even took a shower OR went outside for days! :lol:

1000 hours? I think those people need to find more productive things to do with their life dude.

FINALLY someone who sees it besides me.

Terrutas

Because it was basically a rehash of DMC3 and the story was SO dumb that it made people lose hope for the series, even myself.

Now I'm gonna laugh at the fanbase even more since you've said that. Hell, I bet half of them are fat and haven't even took a shower OR went outside for days! :lol:

FINALLY someone who sees it besides me.
Now you guys show the true meaning of life. you really set an example for what doing something productive really is.

Goes to both of you. how pathetic.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
All the hating in this thread is saddening...where's Zorolove and Loopy to make this better?
No one is going to see this post anyways, so I'd like to say I love you.

Terrutas

All the hating in this thread is saddening...where's Zorolove and Loopy to make this better?
You're right,I really shouldn't have responded to that.

Just amazing how they take their time to sign up to a forum to tell YOU you're wasting your life. what kind of logic is that?

Back on-topic everyone,please.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
You're right,I really shouldn't have responded to that.

Just amazing how they take their time to sign up to a forum to tell YOU you're wasting your life. what kind of logic is that?

Back on-topic everyone,please.
There is no such thing as logic on the internet, man...hm.
I need to rephrase that, there is no such thing as logic on internet forums.
There we go. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, some are just more...what's the word I'm looking for...not as understanding, I guess you could say.
Like me, people who hate things I love, love things I hate...I don't judge them for it nor put them down because they like a certain something..sure I'll still hate the ever living hell out of something..but not if it's a friend or someone who loves it.
It's honestly not hard at all to get along with people who don't share the same common interests as you.

Terrutas

There is no such thing as logic on the internet, man...hm.
I need to rephrase that, there is no such thing as logic on internet forums.
There we go. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, some are just more...what's the word I'm looking for...not as understanding, I guess you could say.
Like me, people who hate things I love, love things I hate...I don't judge them for it nor put them down because they like a certain something..sure I'll still hate the ever living hell out of something..but not if it's a friend or someone who loves it.
It's honestly not hard at all to get along with people who don't share the same common interests as you.
Just because someone is entitled to an opinion,doesn't make it correct. There's a difference between fact and opinion.
For example,in my opinion DmC is worthy of a mass grave next to E.T. but again,thats my opinion. I respect those who had fun with the game and wish to defend it. however I don't respect those who have this weird kind of urge to push it as fact at any cost.
(Ironically,the one who doesn't seem to understand that posted in this thread.)

Seriously though,back on topic.

GF9000000Returns

Now you guys show the true meaning of life. you really set an example for what doing something productive really is.

Goes to both of you. how pathetic.

I have school (college) and work during the weekdays and only play my PS3 on weekends, so I'd take that back if I were you.

Anyways, let's get back on topic.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Just because someone is entitled to an opinion,doesn't make it correct. There's a difference between fact and opinion.

(Ironically,the one who doesn't seem to understand that posted in this thread.)
Depends on the fact and the opinion of course.
I need to re-read the thread, but I'm too lazy..mind helping me out on which was the fact and opinion here?

Terrutas

I have school (college) and work during the weekdays and only play my PS3 on weekends, so I'd take that back if I were you.

Anyways, let's get back on topic.
This is my last response to this,if you really feel the need to "prove" me wrong,lets take it to PMs.

Why should I take it back? you take your time to sign up on a forum to tell other people they're wasting their life? that's amazing.

And yeah,school and work is nothing special. I'm 16 and I work a part-time job at a pizza place. So what?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Heya, what have I missed?^_^

Ummm, anyway. As far as this topic is concerned, I liked the old DMC, I grew up with it. DMC2 was hit and miss for me, I liked 1 and I really liked 3; 4 looked really good graphically, and the combat brought something new with Nero, but it felt like a letdown compared to what had come before thanks to Dante feeling like he was an added extra, the really awful story and the backtracking for Dante like he didn't matter.

I think if DMC4 had been better, then I wouldn't have wanted a reboot. Or maybe if Capcom could have salvaged things with DMC5 to just get all the plot holes fixed up that would have been fine.But Cpacom made the call to reboot, and I'm oay with that. I liked the reboot, I appreciated what they had tried to do, but there is room to improve. ^_^

Top Bottom