• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who else thinks that DmC is good and DMC actually needed a reboot?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Who doesn't like lulz. Besides, I'd rather be a lover than a fighter on a forum. No point in bashing people you don't know, and I prefer making people laugh anyway. ^_^
_c45aed7606396b0fa6eaa117a4d77414_zps225f2175.gif
just need to hug it out. :3

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
_c45aed7606396b0fa6eaa117a4d77414_zps225f2175.gif
just need to hug it out. :3
Dude, that's like a wresting brohug. I approve! Nothing more manly than hugging a guy and then hitting him on the back at the same time. :p
That's me done for tonight. See y'all tomorrow maybe. ^_^ 'Cause I just realised how much this topic is getting derailed.:lol:

ChaserTech

Now I'm gonna laugh at the fanbase even more since you've said that. Hell, I bet half of them are fat and haven't even took a shower OR went outside for days!:lol:

:/ You do know I'm one of those people who probably put up 1,000 hours into DMC4? Mainly for the combat system.

Think before you say something that will offend people. Seriously.

You were forced to use Trickster in DMC4?

Well, I'll remember that next time when I play the game as Nero, since you know? Dante goes through his levels in reverse. And Nero doesn't have styles.

ReverseSuperman

Says someone who tries to force his positive opinion down every negative post about this game.

And how am I not at least a bit noble? I am sacrificing my free time and spend all day in front of my PC even though the doctors said that it will eventually make my left eye go completely blind, all just to spread useful information and help people save some cash.

You sound like such a pretentious ass. Quite frankly I am happy to hear you are going blind in one eye, and hopefully your second one experiences the same problem.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Says someone who tries to force his positive opinion down every negative post about this game.

And how am I not at least a bit noble? I am sacrificing my free time and spend all day in front of my PC even though the doctors said that it will eventually make my left eye go completely blind, all just to spread useful information and help people save some cash.

Who made you my damn financial advisor?

EvilX-81

Funny because that Lucifer scene completely summarises the reason why DMC needed a reboot.

I don't know about a reboot, but it could use a retcon hammer (to bang out those problems in it's canon) and legitimate threats that Dante can't crack jokes through. Also to severely tone down the "doing cool **** for the pure sake of doing cool ****" thing. It was cool the first time, but now I cringe whenever I see that "surfing lady's bazooka missile" scene.

But at least the Lucifer scene was cool AND kinda funny.

I don't know about a reboot, but it could use a retcon hammer (to bang out those problems in it's canon) and legitimate threats that Dante can't crack jokes through. Also to severely tone down the "doing cool **** for the pure sake of doing cool ****" thing. It was cool the first time, but now I cringe whenever I see that "surfing lady's bazooka missile" scene.

But at least the Lucifer scene was cool AND kinda funny.

Mature audiences can't handle it. It's not realistic and it's fun to watch.

That stuff has no place in a game where you get stabbed by an ELECTRIC sword and come out of it alive, only to swing it round and have fun with it.

You sound like such a pretentious ass. Quite frankly I am happy to hear you are going blind in one eye, and hopefully your second one experiences the same problem.

This is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've read today. You don't say that sort of thing to someone ever. That's friggin' low.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Funny because that Lucifer scene completely summarises the reason why DMC needed a reboot.

Yeah, how dare videogames be funny and irreverant?! DMC3 was nothing like that! It didn't have ludicrous elements like a succubus guitar that fires lightning bats!

SERIES RUINED, only curable with reboot, just like when DMC2 was a rushed miss-step and they didn't make DMC3!

EvilX-81

Mature audiences can't handle it. It's not realistic and it's fun to watch.

Kratos, Asura, Cole McGrath. Three out of many characters who are considered "cool" because it comes organically from them and their handling of situations, not because they're near unchallengeable heroes who can't sit in a chair or ANSWER A F--KING PHONE without doing it "with style," and more importantly the story meets them with equal or greater challenges.

Get outta here with your strawman.

That stuff has no place in a game where you get stabbed by an ELECTRIC sword and come out of it alive, only to swing it round and have fun with it.

There's a line between "being cool" and just showing off. Something the aforementioned characters didn't need to do to get cool points.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Kratos, Asura, Cole McGrath. Three out of many characters who are considered "cool" because it comes organically from them and their handling of situations, not because they're near unchallengeable heroes who can't sit in a chair or ANSWER A F--KING PHONE without doing it "with style," and more importantly the story meets them with equal or greater challenges.

All fantasy characters should be dour and utilitarian! There is no place in the world for characters who go about things in an eccentric and unusual way!

Aesthetic variety is for the weak!

Get outta here with your strawman.

But why would you answer the phone normally when you can do it with style? It's not hurting anybody. God forbid a game tries to be interesting.

EvilX-81

All fantasy characters should be dour and utilitarian! There is no place in the world for characters who go about things in an eccentric and unusual way!

There will always be places for fantasy characters to show off to an utterly ridiculous degree and be near invincible. Self-insert fanfiction for example.

But why would you answer the phone normally when you can do it with style? It's not hurting anybody. God forbid a game tries to be interesting.

You have a weird definition of "interesting".

There will always be places for fantasy characters to show off to an utterly ridiculous degree and be near invincible. Self-insert fanfiction for example.

You have a weird definition of "interesting".

Alright, maybe Dante should pick up the phone normally, Maybe Dante should have just pressed the button on the Juke box and made it work instantly, Dante fighting demons in an over the top manner? Screw that, get out of there dude! Call the cops or something, be realistic about the situation.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine

Or, you know, heroic fiction stretching back to the dawn of human history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_of_Gilgamesh

And really? You bring up DmC as the solution to the problem with indestructible fantasy protagonists? A game where the main character is physically intimidated by a villian ONCE, and the gameplay is so laughably easy that you're unlikely to get a single game over?

Classic DMC's difficulty was a call to action that made you want to aspire to be the indestructible protagonist conveyed in the cutscenes. That aesthetic where Dante was a cocksure joyseeker was something you worked to emulate by being a better player and made the gameplay more satisfying as a result. It's a game design choice that is unique and people respond to in the modern market because barely anyone appreciates why it works so well. If this aesthetic didn't work Devil May Cry would never have been a financial success and this forum wouldn't exist.

Trying to take an action series which thrives on the eccentric, over the top nature of the world and characters it revolves around and "ground it in relatable characters" is completely undermined when you still have to have that game have ludicrously over the top action in order to actually make the gameplay anything like it's predecessors.

Top Bottom