• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's YOUR game of the year?

S.F.W

King of Hearts
MW3, all the way. But the only reason is because I have more fun playing that game with my friends than any other game I own. Its also fun to rage with your friends and generally just coordinate. Other than that, not much change or anything else noteworthy (besides noobtubes sucking)

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
DAMN UNCHARTED 3,GEARS OF WAR 3,BATTLEFIELD 3,MODERN WARFARE 3,KILLZONE 3,BATMAN ARKHAM CITY INFAMOUS 2,PORTAL 2 AND SKYRIM HMMMM
WINNER:SKYRIM
RUNNER UPS:UNCHARTED 3 AND GEARS 3
:D

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
What game did you play this year that was just the absolute greatest out of all the games you played? :) It didn't have to have come out this year, just so long as you played it for the first time this year.

Mine is *drum roll*

SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS!!

1287109886.jpg

This game was amazing. I freaking loved it. It has got to be one of my all time favorite games ever. :D

Runner ups for me were Killzone 3 and Medal of Honor. KZ3 had a solid campaign and steller multiplayer while Medal of Honor had great writing and a simple, powerful story.
3 words FUS RO DAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in other words skyrim

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
I'm going to have to go with Dark Souls. While most believe it's only good because of its difficulty, I don't believe that's entirely true. On top, it is a difficult game, however it's a fair difficult. Your skill and drive to overcome determines how good you are. Such things will make some walk away. However, if you have the patience for it, there's a lot you can dig into. There's lore that form a basic (and somewhat) interesting story. There's places to discover.

And with every place comes fear. True fear, fear of the unknown. You don't know how difficult the dude or thing in front of you is going to be. But that's part of the excitment. The rush. Something about the game makes you want to overcome whatever is blocking you (or that could just be me :D).

If you're really having trouble, you can call upon other phantoms or players across the world to aid you in your world. However, with aid runs the risk of injury. You can easily be invaded while attempting to summon people (or you could invade). However that's part of what makes the atmosphere in this game great. It's as pure as a game you can get. Every minute in unknown territory leaves a taste you really can't forget. I guess the game makes you paranoid.

All in all, I really love the game. Now I need to get off of Skyrim haha.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Really? Saints row ? that is just a GTA wannabe and GTA5 comes this year or next year i think

This is the first Saints Row ive owned (didnt even play Saints 1 or 2) but I have to disagree entirely. It may have looked like a GTA clone to begin with but its NOTHING like GTA when you play it. The similarities end at it being an open world game that involves gangs. It doesnt even attempt to be realistic and mocks GTA's style in any way it can. Read and watch some reviews for it and you will see that every reviewer discarded the idea it was trying to be GTA 5 years ago.

I prefer GTA and its more straight faced gameplay but thought id give Saints Row a go this time around and its just good all round adult minded fun and doesnt seem to have any boundaries and the developers are shameless in their attempts at mockery of the genre, themselves and pretty much everything (mocked Battlefield, CoD and Gears of War in the trailers and game modes). I mean ive only played it for about 3 hours but in that time right at the start you escape a plane and parachute out of it while being chased by others. Dodging debris and shooting people then shooting through the cockpit flying though the plane shooting bad guys on way though before coming out the other side and catching a comrade and parachuting to safety. Totally insane and totally unrealistic but great fun.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
ummm....gotta do it like dis...***SPOILER ALERT***
2011- Batman Arkham City (R.I.P. Joker)
Of ALL years- Comix Zone (c'moooooon, UR IN A COMIC BOOK FOR PETE'S SAKE!!)

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
My favorite video game this year would have to be The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
I like how it mixes TWW's and TP's graphics. Not to mention the awesome music and the epic final boss.
Fighting is also pretty cool.

Runner ups would be Super Mario 3D Land, Pokemon: Black/White Versions, Rayman Origins, Sonic Generations, and though I don't believe this counts because it is a remake, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

Demon619

Deadman walking
For me it was God of War 3 (hey I just got a PS3 in december...I love that game).

But for new games, I was Batman Arkham City. I currently playing ASR, but I have to agree I'm disappointed with it so far. Its still good, but nowhere near as graet as I was hoping.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
LOL OMG GTA5?
Yes i chose SaintsRow:The3rd. Why the hell would i ever EVER want a GTA title EVER! Why would i want to play as some unappealing character when i can make my own ?

iaza17493844844900.png

SaintsRow SaintsRow2 & SaintsRow:The3rd are off the wall fun & excitement filled with over the top ridiculous action where unlike GTA you don't have to kill prostitutes & pedestrians to kill your boredom when your dealing with guys like this.

iaza17493811676200.jpg
SaintsRow does what an open sandbox game is suppose to do & that's let the players enjoy themselves. I saw the GTA5 trailer & fell asleep during it.
Sorry but i'm a SaintsRow gamer all the way & i'm waiting on SaintsRow4.
LOL GTA5 that's a good 1.
yes but it stole alot of its mechanics from GTA and then tried to pass them off as original
Unnapealing characters?
Compared to the completely immature ones from saints row
Plus the whacky factor such as jetpacks were stolen from GTA :San andreas
And what is so bad about killing pedestrians and prostitutes
its fun to pick on people weaker then you and reek havoc

Dark Drakan

Admin
Plus the whacky factor such as jetpacks were stolen from GTA :San andreas

Pretty sure many games did jetpacks before GTA. ;)

I dont prefer Saints to GTA but I do see what they are doing with Saints and making in pure nonsense and purely a game made for the fun of the gamer. They can both exist and fans can play both or stick to their own games. Im looking forward to GTA 5 a lot but I shall enjoy Saints Row 3 for now too.

Top Bottom